New goal song (old White thread)

PASabreFan

The lyrics are cool and relevant. You can clap to it, sing to it, dance to it -- and a great sports refrain. Wow, this could be our Chelsea Dagger. (But I see it more as an end of winning game, overtime winner piece; refrain could be perfect for goal aftermath.)

Facebook group:

"A push to give the Buffalo Sabres a unique, new, identifiable GOAL SONG that fits our team and NO other. Enough with the cookie cutter songs! Over the Hill with the swords of 1000 men!!!!"

https://www.facebook...9403253805&ap=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpHusxM-Oyw

I could get behind this, though it sounds really familiar. I don't know if it was on a commercial, or in a NHL-series video game, or maybe my brain just finds it kind of similar to the Dropkick Murphys' music. Either way I think it's a pretty good choice.

it was used in an EA sports commerical for FIFA 2011.

That's enough of a reason for me not to like it. B-)

i like that the lyrics fit the team perfectly (at least the chorus), and for more than any sports team that i can think of, it would be an incredibly defining song for the sabres. it seems like everyone has an after-goal song. not living in bufalo and not having attended a home game since 1992, i don't know if the sabres have one, but if the center ice package is any indication, i *never* hear a song from the arena crowd after buffalo scores. feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

the fact that it was used in a FIFA commercial doesn't sway me one way or the other. having lived in europe for a number of years, it kind of grew on me. if nothing else, european soccer stars are 10x more melodramatic than any basketball or football player. it's hilarious how prima-donna-esque the can be.

I'm in process of recording a new Sabres fight song that I will be submitting to the organization. (I was a a pro musician in a previous life). Wrote it myself, all original. It's seriously rip-rocking, simple. Lyrics are limited to "Sabres".. 'Let's Go Buffalo!' chant as well as the classic "Ooh Ahh Sabres on the Warpath". I will be posting here as soon as it's done. So if you wouldn't mind, save your endorsement of this one til you hear mine please.

I'm in process of recording a new Sabres fight song that I will be submitting to the organization. (I was a a pro musician in a previous life). Wrote it myself, all original. It's seriously rip-rocking, simple. Lyrics are limited to "Sabres".. 'Let's Go Buffalo!' chant as well as the classic "Ooh Ahh Sabres on the Warpath". I will be posting here as soon as it's done. So if you wouldn't mind, save your endorsement of this one til you hear mine please.

Cool, can't wait to check it out. But I do think the one PA posted just screams hockey song.

done. i'm always up for hearing new music.

potentially dumb question, but are you in vegas? or just using it for your name?

I think it's perfect for this team.....why?

IT'S A FRIGGIN GAY BATTLECRY!

For the love of Jesus, it's called The Swords of a Thousand Men.

Deep in the castle and back from the wars

Back with my lady and the fires burned tall

Hoorah went the men down belowAll outside was the rain and snow

Hear their shout, hear their roarThey've probably had a barrel of ale and much, much moreHoorah, Hoorah, Hoorah, Yea

Over the hill went the swords of a thousand men

We had to meet the enemy a mile awayThunder in the air and the sky turned grey

Assembling the knights and their swords were sharp

There was not a hope in your English hearts

When you Hear our drums, hear them sound

We're gonna fight until we have won this town

Hoorah, Hoorah, Hoorah, YeaOver the hill went the swords of a thousand men

Wow!

Could they play Bad Boys after Boyes scores? Maybe it's weird to just play one song for one player but it seems...just right.

Not to derail this thread but I can't tell you how my much my heart sinks when I hear Pantera, Foo Fighters, AC/DC, Metallica and the like at seemingly every arena the Sabres play at other than their own. Fix this Pegula. Let's inject a little testosterone into the arena. You want the crowds to get amped? This wouldn't hurt.

Archived