New goal song (old White thread)

PASabreFan

Could they play Bad Boys after Boyes scores? Maybe it's weird to just play one song for one player but it seems...just right.

Tampa plays "Louie Louie" after Marty St. Louis scores, so I don't think it would be too weird for the Sabres to play "Bad Boys."

As for the song in the Original Post, I think it's complete trash.

everyone watch the video for the 1000mens swords song with the music off... i just peed myself laughing at that... hifreakinglarious especially when the guy starts playing with the flag... and wow just no, hell no, The sabres should hold a local talent show for someone to create a new sabres goal song how about that cuz weird british dudes playing with the swords of 1000 men just doesnt work... no seriously its creepy and after seeing the video I am done.

are you sure? cuz ... damn. that's ... frick. i can get behind that.

and before any of you ask, just metaphorically. married. otherwise ...

Yep. Per the Buffalo News, the Vanessa Mae version (minus the shirtless swashbucklers in the video) is the one that'll replace Hurricane 2000 on the television broadcasts. I assume they'll just use the faster part at the end but that remains to be seen/heard.

everyone watch the video for the 1000mens swords song with the music off... i just peed myself laughing at that... hifreakinglarious especially when the guy starts playing with the flag... and wow just no, hell no, The sabres should hold a local talent show for someone to create a new sabres goal song how about that cuz weird british dudes playing with the swords of 1000 men just doesnt work... no seriously its creepy and after seeing the video I am done.

how about the goo goo dolls?

oh, wait ... local talent. sorry. my mistake.

how about the goo goo dolls?

oh, wait ... local talent. sorry. my mistake.

Despite your snobbiness - the Goos would be an excellent choice. They are by far the most well known, most successful musical act from WNY and they would do a helluva job.

Too bad you have to hate your own...

Despite your snobbiness - the Goos would be an excellent choice. They are by far the most well known, most successful musical act from WNY and they would do a helluva job.

Isn't Cannibal Corpse from Buffalo?! :thumbsup:

... down here in Nashville they play a song by Tim McGraw ("I like it, I love it, I want some more of it...") that he re-recorded with changed lyrics for use after Preds goals. It'd be cool the get a local band like the Goo Goo Dolls to record a special version of something just for use at the games.

a) i don't hate them. i grew up watching them try to be a ###### punk band ... probably before you were conceived.

b) snobby comment about my supposed snobbiness aside, their music is crap. they're one step above nickelback in their unoriginality, and as far as local talent goes, i've long been a fan of the maniacs and natalie merchant, so please don't preach about "hating my own".

c) the ONLY reason the "goos" would be an excellent choice is if no other band in buffalo wanted to shoulder the responsibility for writing a new song.

d) well-known and successful does not always equal talent.

Battle of the Bands: Buffalo Sabres style. Have bands compete to create a new goal song for the sabres, the winner gets to do the song live at the arena before a game and they get some cool sabres stuff like jersey's, a game in one of the corporate boxes, meet the players and such. The winner will be picked like American Idle style. Bands have to submit songs (video of them playing it) to the sabres and they post it up for the fans to vote. That would be really cool and that's how you start tradition.

Not sure if this was posted before, but this is the version of Sabre Dance that will be the new Intro to Sabre television broadcasts. It's a modern spin on the traditional (Khachaturian) version of Sabre Dance...

Will Sylvester, Ray & Roby be dancing around shirtless?

Battle of the Bands: Buffalo Sabres style. Have bands compete to create a new goal song for the sabres, the winner gets to do the song live at the arena before a game and they get some cool sabres stuff like jersey's, a game in one of the corporate boxes, meet the players and such. The winner will be picked like American Idle style. Bands have to submit songs (video of them playing it) to the sabres and they post it up for the fans to vote. That would be really cool and that's how you start tradition.

That's actually a cool idea

a) i don't hate them. i grew up watching them try to be a ###### punk band ... probably before you were conceived.

b) snobby comment about my supposed snobbiness aside, their music is crap. they're one step above nickelback in their unoriginality, and as far as local talent goes, i've long been a fan of the maniacs and natalie merchant, so please don't preach about "hating my own".

c) the ONLY reason the "goos" would be an excellent choice is if no other band in buffalo wanted to shoulder the responsibility for writing a new song.

d) well-known and successful does not always equal talent.

It is interesting that you bring up age... I'm sitting here trying to think when was the last time I pulled the "My music is better than your music" act. I'm guessing 1985 when I was a sophomore in high school. Please forgive me if I'm off a year or so. But keep your chin up - I'm sure maturity will kick in in your 50's.

I'd also like to commend you on your outstanding analysis of the talentless GGDs. Who could possibly imagine Rzeznik, who watched a movie and then wrote a 3-time Grammy nomination song, survived in the music business for over 25 years, actually having the ability to write a goal-celebration song? Crazy stuff.

But hey, we have an adult here to tell what we all like to listen to, who has originality and who doesn't, and who has the talent to create a goal-celebration song. It's a magical time here at SabreSpace.

are you sure? cuz ... damn. that's ... frick. i can get behind that.

and before any of you ask, just metaphorically. married. otherwise ...

Black said this was what they were going to use. Ever since Carp brought it to our attention last year, I've been a big fan. I play it before each game...

I'd like to hear what Johnny Vegas puts together but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it turns out that TP does commission the Goos to come up w/ something the Sabres.

In the meantime, I'd like to have them use The Kings - This Beat Goes On after goals and use Switchin' To Glide when the game's out of hand late in the 3rd.

Archived