New goal song (old White thread)

PASabreFan

Could they play Bad Boys after Boyes scores? Maybe it's weird to just play one song for one player but it seems...just right.

Not to derail this thread but I can't tell you how my much my heart sinks when I hear Pantera, Foo Fighters, AC/DC, Metallica and the like at seemingly every arena the Sabres play at other than their own. Fix this Pegula. Let's inject a little testosterone into the arena. You want the crowds to get amped? This wouldn't hurt.

Or how about play different songs from game to game? It's weird when I go to two games in a row when I'm home for the holidays and I hear the same songs played at seemingly the same points in the game each time. Would it really be that difficult to change things up from game to game?

Could they play Bad Boys after Boyes scores? Maybe it's weird to just play one song for one player but it seems...just right.

In major league (and here in Texas, at least, minor league) baseball, there is a song for each player that is played when he comes up to bat. Doing the same for the players when they score would be kind of a neat idea... maybe this needs to go into The Suggestion Box.

Hoorah, Hoorah, Hoorah,... NO!

I don't hate the song overall, but it screams Champions League British soccer anthem. I don't think it fits the demographic makeup or mentality of the city of Buffalo, or for that matter the sport of hockey, very well... but I've been gone from WNY for a while, so maybe Buffalo got a little "softer" and gayer while I was gone? (not that there is anything wrong with that) :D

That is no reason to accept mediocrity.

what do you want? something from muse? how about "they will not control us. we will be victorious."? or better yet--how about "damage inc." from metallica? somehow, i don't see an arena of 18000 screaming "damaged jackylls ripping right through you, sight and smell of this, it gets us going. know just how to get just what we want, tear it from your soul in nightly huuuuuuuuuunt ..."

come on ... everyone has some gay-ass song that they play after a goal. hell, colorado was using blur's "whoo fricking hoo" song for while. doesn't get much more lame or generic than that. so what's the matter with something as anthemy and specific as "over the hill with the sword of a thousand men?"

edit: okay ... an arena of 18000+ screaming "blood will follow blood, dying time is here" would be pretty effing cool ...

One thing I've realized sorting through all of these posts is it will be impossible to please the majority around here in regards to a song selection for when a goal is scored.

I'm not TOO crazy about the song but I'd give it a shot. It's not my favorite kind of music but my favorite kind of music shouldn't be played after we score a goal. We have to think outside the box people. Be open minded is all I'm saying. I'd give it a shot. If it doesn't work, we could try another.

I'm in process of recording a new Sabres fight song that I will be submitting to the organization. (I was a a pro musician in a previous life). Wrote it myself, all original. It's seriously rip-rocking, simple. Lyrics are limited to "Sabres".. 'Let's Go Buffalo!' chant as well as the classic "Ooh Ahh Sabres on the Warpath". I will be posting here as soon as it's done. So if you wouldn't mind, save your endorsement of this one til you hear mine please.

Looking forward to hearing this. I think it was Mike Robitaille who suggested on WGR that someone needs to write and original song that fits Buffalo and can only be played here. I would be open to just about anything, as long as it is not that Blur or Zombie Nation song.

what do you want? something from muse? how about "they will not control us. we will be victorious."? or better yet--how about "damage inc." from metallica? somehow, i don't see an arena of 18000 screaming "damaged jackylls ripping right through you, sight and smell of this, it gets us going. know just how to get just what we want, tear it from your soul in nightly huuuuuuuuuunt ..."

come on ... everyone has some gay-ass song that they play after a goal. hell, colorado was using blur's "whoo fricking hoo" song for while. doesn't get much more lame or generic than that. so what's the matter with something as anthemy and specific as "over the hill with the sword of a thousand men?"

edit: okay ... an arena of 18000+ screaming "blood will follow blood, dying time is here" would be pretty effing cool ...

In all honesty, I don't think this group is deserving of a battle cry. I've seen them battle maybe 20 games over the past 5 years.

It's all so forced.

If you want tradition.....you develop tradition by earning it.

Like I said....this is an on the downlow, gay anthem. The stage names of the band are Pole, Long, Dick, Bob. I'm not making this stuff up.

In major league (and here in Texas, at least, minor league) baseball, there is a song for each player that is played when he comes up to bat. Doing the same for the players when they score would be kind of a neat idea... maybe this needs to go into The Suggestion Box.

At the very least, why can't there be a honking goose sound right after the announcement of a Gaustad goal. This should be fun.

I go back and forth but mostly back... There certainly needs to be a unique goal song that encourages crowd participation.

IDK. I don't wanna stand up and have a freaking sing along when the Sabres score. I wanna scream at the top of my lungs and if there's some badass music playing behind it, so be it.

I personally love the use of Hell yeah by Rev Theory and as far as i know nobody else in the league uses it... I dont really mind the song PA posted but as far as a " ###### YEAH SABRES GOAL!!!" song is concerned, i feel like the rev theory has the perfect mix of edge and melody, and i love hearing it. I definitely wouldnt mind an in house composed anthem much like the rangers have though.

Not to derail this thread but I can't tell you how my much my heart sinks when I hear Pantera, Foo Fighters, AC/DC, Metallica and the like at seemingly every arena the Sabres play at other than their own. Fix this Pegula. Let's inject a little testosterone into the arena. You want the crowds to get amped? This wouldn't hurt.

lol i actually sent that in to the suggestion box no joke... "BRAD BOYES BRAD BOYES, What ya gonna do? What ya gonna do? When he scores on you? Bradf Boyes!"

First, I suggested to the suggestion box 2 days ago that every player should either pick a goal song or the fans should for everyplayer, second how about All Nightmare Long by metallica for a standard goal/win song its brutal and angry: "Hunt you down without mercy, Hunt you down all nightmare long."

In all honesty, I don't think this group is deserving of a battle cry. I've seen them battle maybe 20 games over the past 5 years.

It's all so forced.

If you want tradition.....you develop tradition by earning it.

Like I said....this is an on the downlow, gay anthem. The stage names of the band are Pole, Long, Dick, Bob. I'm not making this stuff up.

i see what you're saying. make 'em earn their victory song. fair enough.

as for the names, yah ... i read that too. i thought it was hilarious.

Not sure if this was posted before, but this is the version of Sabre Dance that will be the new Intro to Sabre television broadcasts. It's a modern spin on the traditional (Khachaturian) version of Sabre Dance...

are you sure? cuz ... damn. that's ... frick. i can get behind that.

and before any of you ask, just metaphorically. married. otherwise ...

First, I suggested to the suggestion box 2 days ago that every player should either pick a goal song or the fans should for everyplayer, second how about All Nightmare Long by metallica for a standard goal/win song its brutal and angry: "Hunt you down without mercy, Hunt you down all nightmare long."

not a bad suggestion. especially that last chorus just before the end of the song where there's that pause.

not a bad suggestion. especially that last chorus just before the end of the song where there's that pause.

Then you crawl back in

Into your obsession

Never to return

This is your confession

(pause)

Hunt you down without mercy

Hunt you down all nightmare long

Feel us breathe upon your face

Feel us shift, every move we trace

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xXuwykOKbo

lol

Archived