New goal song (old White thread)

PASabreFan

After hearing it play after the goals, I'm not a fan of it. I think there must be better songs. Or, I'm also one for my holding a competition for an original song from local bands. Have the fans vote on it and have a prize for the winner.

I was at the game and I LOVE it! Yes it needs to be tweeked but it works. Its just that so many in the rink didn't know it or get it. I think it rocks. I like it and hope they tweak it to where its like a glove and I think it can be.

The ride home someone said it should be more of a Buffalo thing and two of us looked at her with the same thought. It was like really? Over the hill with the SWORDS of a thousand men. I asked her how many players have played for the Sabres? That was teh end of that discussion.

I am down with the Hoo Rah Hoo Rah Hoo Rah Yea Over the hills with the swords of a thousand men....

Hoo Rah Hoo Rah Hoo Rah Yea Over the hills with the swords of a thousand men yea.....

Good job Pegula girls :clapping:

LOVED it. THe crowd was catching on towards the end, too. Hoo-rah, hoo-rah, hoo-rah yea!

Of course thanks to so many goals in one game lol. A quick lesson and lets hope the rest of our games give us so many chances to learn the new thing.. Hoo Rah Hoo Rah Hoo Rah Yea, Over the hill with swords of a thousand men....

I really do think this is ###### awesome!

I like it. It'll be pavlovian shortly. Just like that tripe Talking Proud was. I hated it and sang it after every score with glee. It's a post score celebration for the fans.

Hoorah, hoorah...

I'm still not sure how I feel about this song yet. I can definitely hear it after the goals over the air and it was pretty catchy but it still seems to be a little too euro chant soccer for me. I'll give it a chance for a few more games though...

After eight more time today, it'll be a hit.. :worthy:

I'm still not sure how I feel about this song yet. I can definitely hear it after the goals over the air and it was pretty catchy but it still seems to be a little too euro chant soccer for me. I'll give it a chance for a few more games though...

Reminds me more of what goes on in Chicago and Manhattan than European soccer. I mean, it's not like they're singing "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles."

Man, those Brits are weird.

Reminds me more of what goes on in Chicago and Manhattan than European soccer. I mean, it's not like they're singing "I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles."

Man, those Brits are weird.

True, true.

Don't forget "I'll never walk alone" and "take me home". It's like a campfire singalong over there.

This shouldn't be that hard to figure out. Here is what happened tonight...they score a goal, blast the horn endlessly and then I believe played the goal song(so low it was hard to tell) and RJ's call at the same time, and then when RJ's call ended, the song(you still couldn't tell what was being played) went on for maybe 5 more seconds and ended.

I'm going to fix this for them...

1. Wait to play the goal replay with RJ's call until the first commercial break after the goal.

2. Turn up the volume of the song A LOT and reduce the length of the stupid goal horn.

3. Put the words to the song on the jumbotron for the rest of the season. People need to know what is going on.

4. Success!

If the Sabres want a new goal song why not do what the WWE does? Hire a actual band to create one.

Only if it's like the stuff from the 80s and early 90s. I want one just like the Mountie's theme. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, going with a band to create one specifically for that purpose is a tricky path. About 95% of the time those songs wind up so ridiculously cheesey. I almost want to say they're better of sticking to some of the classic staples of arena music because at the end of the day, no matter what they choose, there will be people out there that don't like it.

Only if it's like the stuff from the 80s and early 90s. I want one just like the Mountie's theme. :thumbsup:

Seriously though, going with a band to create one specifically for that purpose is a tricky path. About 95% of the time those songs wind up so ridiculously cheesey. I almost want to say they're better of sticking to some of the classic staples of arena music because at the end of the day, no matter what they choose, there will be people out there that don't like it.

They were playing the "blue and yellow" song last night at the arena. I'm on the fence with that one.

Archived