Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Almost 5 full pages since the game ended and ONE person has mentioned Gerbe? Are you kidding me?!?! Gerbe busted his ass all night long and that rush to break through 2 Bruins in order to get his own rebound over to Boyes was phenomenal! He has been improving his play all year long and tonight was one of his better games IMO. Laying Horton out was priceless. What does this guy need to do to get some support around here?

Almost 5 full pages since the game ended and ONE person has mentioned Gerbe? Are you kidding me?!?! Gerbe busted his ass all night long and that rush to break through 2 Bruins in order to get his own rebound over to Boyes was phenomenal! He has been improving his play all year long and tonight was one of his better games IMO. Laying Horton out was priceless. What does this guy need to do to get some support around here?

Grow 6 inches and gain 50 punds, apparently.

And here's one for the Connolly club : Damn good game, I thought.

Sabres look like they declared the road trip a success after scoring in Pittsburgh.

Nice glove save by Connolly to prevent a goal though. Did you positive, warm-hearted fans catch that?

Nope. But I did feel pretty warm hearted after a huge road win.

Buttler needs to be benched.

Weber needs to stop making ###### passes but he plays 97523x better D than Butface.

We need to stop causing 19 penalties a game

I am fully expecting Weber in for Butler for the next game. Maybe LR can strike lightning in a bottle twice and get some post-benching production out of Weber (moreso solid D and physicality) like he got with Shakira...

Despite Butler's recent solid play (before the Boston game) I don't really see anything that he does exceptionally well that can't be replace by some FNG from Portland.

Say what you want about Jack Edwards, but check out his call of the winner. That's no homer call.

Well it was a BC guy who did all the work. ;)

Hey wait, Edwards and Brickley are UNH guys, so now I don't know what to think.

Brickley I can't stand but I don't really get the hatred for Edwards. He's a pretty good play-by-play guy IMO. He LOVES Miller, too, and always talks about how great Miller is. Sure he's a homer but all those guys are. They're supposed to be.

I've reached the point where I'm pretty sure Edwards is mentally retarded. He's been calling this game for years, yet he constantly makes it incredibly obvious that he knows very little about any of the rules. Homerism is the name of the game with regional broadcasts, but at least let it be educated homerism.

Say what you want about Jack Edwards, but check out his call of the winner. That's no homer call.

When Nathan Gerbe (BC) and former Bruin Boyes connect for the winner, it's almost like a home goal, that was a homer call as usual. Edwards is the biggest homer I ever seen plus he has some screws loose.

Gerbe's got a lot of guts and grit. You got to admire this guy and you'll see...his hard work never stops.

I am fully expecting Weber in for Butler for the next game. Maybe LR can strike lightning in a bottle twice and get some post-benching production out of Weber (moreso solid D and physicality) like he got with Shakira...

Despite Butler's recent solid play (before the Boston game) I don't really see anything that he does exceptionally well that can't be replace by some FNG from Portland.

Well, he played just under 20 minutes last night and wasn't on the ice for a goal against. More importantly, Myers has played very well recently with Butler as his partner, so I don't see any reason to shake it up.

As for Weber, I thought he and Morrisonn were doing pretty well together, and that neither of them has looked particularly good since being split up. I think with Leopold back and Sekera and Butler both playing well, Weber is just odd man out for now.

Well, he played just under 20 minutes last night and wasn't on the ice for a goal against. More importantly, Myers has played very well recently with Butler as his partner, so I don't see any reason to shake it up.

As for Weber, I thought he and Morrisonn were doing pretty well together, and that neither of them has looked particularly good since being split up. I think with Leopold back and Sekera and Butler both playing well, Weber is just odd man out for now.

Good points.

The litmus test for me has always been how they look on the ice - confidence, skating etc. While Butler got minutes and had no goals against, there were many times in the game where it looked like he was very close to a disasterous giveaway or getting knocked off the puck. He just doesn't inspire confidence in me. But given LR's tendency to go with whats working during a winning streak i've changed my mind on the need for a shakeup (we are allowed to do that here right?? :unsure: )

I too thought Weber was playing pretty well with Morrisonn and gave the team something they needed, a no nonsense physical D pairing. I'd like that to come back since i've always been a proponent of the Sabres adding some teeth to their lineup.

- Miller with a horrible over commit on the 2nd Boston goal, but a good game besides that mistake.

- Gerbe was the best Sabre on the ice. Playing physical, skating hard, hitting and a GREAT play on the GWG.

- I don't care that he scored the GTG, I never want to see Connolly in a Sabres uniform again. In the 2nd period he was in the slot about 20 feet in front of Miller, he breaks his stick and INCREDIBLY tosses the broken stick towards Miller. I swear to god, he seriously doesn't not give a ######. He could score the GWG for the next 10 games and I would still be demanding he be sent to the press box after each one.

- Boyes has been better than expected.

- Butler sucks. Why is he on the PP? Why is Weber in the press box?

- The Sabres have shocked me on this roadie. I did not expect them to have this much success.

Agree with all of that, and would add that Pommers played his best game in a while. He didn't show up on the score sheet, but he skated HARD the entire game and was his usual solid self at both ends of the rink. Come to think of it, he has been playing pretty well since that 5.3 million dollar shadow thread went up.

I think Gerbe got as close to that fighting major last night as he is going to get. I kept having this irrational thought that he was going to square off with Chara's knees..

Nobody, and I mean nobody, wants to take a Smurf punch to the knee. Hurts like hell.

Gerbe impressed the hell out of me even before the GWG. He backchecks harder than anyone else on the team. He flies back down the ice when the puck is coming back to our end and usually manages to have some good success breaking up the play.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, wants to take a Smurf punch to the knee. Hurts like hell.

Gerbe impressed the hell out of me even before the GWG. He backchecks harder than anyone else on the team. He flies back down the ice when the puck is coming back to our end and usually manages to have some good success breaking up the play.

he also seems to throw more body checks than anyone on the team (save for Kaleta). Unfortunately he isn't 6'6" 230lb otherwise he would be a bruiser :blink:

"Rumors run rampant the Sabres Nathan Gerbe now a center - E4"

I have heard from multiple sources that the Sabres are trying out Nathan Gerbe at center following his sudden growth spurt. This should solve all the team's problems as they were desperately thin at that position. More to come!

"Rumors run rampant the Sabres Nathan Gerbe now a center - E4"

I have heard from multiple sources that the Sabres are trying out Nathan Gerbe at center following his sudden growth spurt. This should solve all the team's problems as they were desperately thin at that position. More to come!

You really need to change your member name unless by chance you are a Catholic priest. :doh:

Archived