Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck drop the puck already.

That is all.

Okay time to see how the team bounces back from the Tuesday loss.

The good news, the travel tournament team was sent packing back to Portland and we have Vanek, Hecht and Grier back. The bad news, Lindy jumbled all the lines around again and still has Boyes at center which coincides with him being a bit more invisible on the ice.

Hopefully Boston is distracted by the whole Chara flap. I don't expect Buffalo to play vigilante however it's a perfect time to send Gerbe in to nibble on his ankles see if he does something stupid now that he is under some scrutiny.

We need this game more than Boston. I expect a tight 1 goal game this time around but wouldn't mind a high scoring affair either, just win baby.

Let's Go Buff'a'lo !

Just get a point and I will consider that a good night. After a bad feeling before Pens game, I think they play well tonight and take it in OT. Big Carolina and Rangers loss last night which makes tonight a LITTLE easier to watch - can't stand when they are chasing 8th.......

On the Contrary I have a great feeling about tonights game....first things Buffalo has faired much better against Boston this year, much better the last year...second that Pittsburgh game is a much different team then the one we see tonight...I mean your talking about again where you are missing your top scorer and number two center, it could have not been easier for Pitt, who buffalo has not faired well against anyways...Furthermore Boston has mad some poor decisions at trade deal line...Burke did one hell of a job selling Kaberle, personally for those of you who have watched him play in Toronto for the past 10 years I have this to say OVER-RATED...I really don't see all the hype...and they got rid of some core players in Wheeler and Wideman at the same time...this team is not who they were last year...O yeah and that CHARA hit was dirty and the fact that he didnt get suspended is just down right embarassing..take this from a guy who hates Montreal and Pacioretty or whatever his name is...

Tonight will be a great measuring stick to see how we fare against the Bruins. Both teams appear to be healthy for the most part (besides Kaleta) and Chara will be in the lineup for Boston (which is a joke but that can be discussed elsewhere). The Sabres loss against Pittsburgh was quite a downer for me, I really expected a better effort but the AHL'ers really had bad games and our offense looked lost and totally ineffective -- idk how much of that had to do with playing w/o three of our bottom six or playing without Vanek, or maybe the road trip is finally starting to take it's toll on them.

The Sabres can help themselves in more than one way with a win. Carolina lost in overtime last night, but the point was good enough to tie the Sabres for 8th place. Buffalo has a game in hand and that game is tonight, so obviously a win keeps us above the playoff cutoff. However, here's a less talked about scenario: with the win the other night, Montreal is just three points behind Boston for the division lead, however Boston has a game in hand. A regulation win gives Montreal a fair shot at tightening the gap as they visit St. Louis tonight. If everything were to fall into place where Buffalo matches up against Montreal first round (either as a #2v#7 or #3v#6), as opposed to Philly or Boston, I would be feeling pretty confident about our chances of advancing. At least more confident than I would against the aforementioned.

Here's the Next 5 Games (went to bed too early last night to get the GDT made!)

post-770-016974700 1299766360_thumb.png

Will be at The Harp before the game, and in Sec 328 Row 12 for the game

See you there, Go Sabres!!

I remember going to the Harp after a Sabres game years ago. The Bruins mascot/goalie/whatever he is, dropped his gloves with me in the concession area of "The New Garden" at the time because I was wearing my Sabres charging goat head jersey. We had to take the "T" to the game lol.

I unfortunately see the Bruins coming out at home and making a statement after getting whooped in Montreal and dealing with the Chara BS. They will try to erase all that tonight with a good game. Unfortunately the Sabres have to be the opponent right after all this turmoil.

Go Sabres!!!

I remember going to the Harp after a Sabres game years ago. The Bruins mascot/goalie/whatever he is, dropped his gloves with me in the concession area of "The New Garden" at the time because I was wearing my Sabres charging goat head jersey. We had to take the "T" to the game lol.

I unfortunately see the Bruins coming out at home and making a statement after getting whooped in Montreal and dealing with the Chara BS. They will try to erase all that tonight with a good game. Unfortunately the Sabres have to be the opponent right after all this turmoil.

Go Sabres!!!

I don't know how many guys play the mascot, but he is pretty good. I love the Bruins TV ads over the years as well. He's a natural.

I heard The Butcher and PA once got into an oil wrestling match at the old Rockpile.

I don't know how many guys play the mascot, but he is pretty good. I love the Bruins TV ads over the years as well. He's a natural.

I heard The Butcher and PA once got into an oil wrestling match at the old Rockpile.

That's not the mascot in the commercials. The one they have in the arena is your typical fake looking bear mascot wearing a hockey jersey. Those commercials always used a realistic looking bear costume (as realistic as you can get with a costume anyway).

Time to step on Carolina's throat with a win.

I agree, but actually the Rangers' throats are more exposed at the moment. Three games in hand, and NY is in the midst of a West Coast trip. If the Sabres can get 3 or 4 points out of the next two games (Boston and the Laffs), they'll leapfrog NY into a strong 7th place.

Tonight will be a great measuring stick to see how we fare against the Bruins. Both teams appear to be healthy for the most part (besides Kaleta) and Chara will be in the lineup for Boston (which is a joke but that can be discussed elsewhere). The Sabres loss against Pittsburgh was quite a downer for me, I really expected a better effort but the AHL'ers really had bad games and our offense looked lost and totally ineffective -- idk how much of that had to do with playing w/o three of our bottom six or playing without Vanek, or maybe the road trip is finally starting to take it's toll on them.

The Sabres can help themselves in more than one way with a win. Carolina lost in overtime last night, but the point was good enough to tie the Sabres for 8th place. Buffalo has a game in hand and that game is tonight, so obviously a win keeps us above the playoff cutoff. However, here's a less talked about scenario: with the win the other night, Montreal is just three points behind Boston for the division lead, however Boston has a game in hand. A regulation win gives Montreal a fair shot at tightening the gap as they visit St. Louis tonight. If everything were to fall into place where Buffalo matches up against Montreal first round (either as a #2v#7 or #3v#6), as opposed to Philly or Boston, I would be feeling pretty confident about our chances of advancing. At least more confident than I would against the aforementioned.

Here's the Next 5 Games (went to bed too early last night to get the GDT made!)

post-770-016974700 1299766360_thumb.png

Buff,

Always like when you start off the GDT, and love the next 5 thingee, thx for that. However, think you stared the thread Tuesday, and me being the superstitious kind, glad Chz started this one. And she needs to start the next one if/when we get two tonight...

Connoly not even good enough for 2nd line center anymore apparently....

Vanek-Hecht-pominville

Ennis-Boyes-stafford

Gerbe-Connolly-McCormick

Grier-goose-neidermayer

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article362559.ece

Just pathetic that he's replaced by a guy whos played wing the last few years and was just picked up a little more than a week ago

Connoly not even good enough for 2nd line center anymore apparently....

Vanek-Hecht-pominville

Ennis-Boyes-stafford

Gerbe-Connolly-McCormick

Grier-goose-neidermayer

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/article362559.ece

Just pathetic that he's replaced by a guy whos played wing the last few years and was just picked up a little more than a week ago

I rather like those lines. That Boyes line should be interesting. Between Ennis' speed and playmaking ability and Boyes' ability to find open areas, I think they will have good chances tonight.

Buff,

Always like when you start off the GDT, and love the next 5 thingee, thx for that. However, think you stared the thread Tuesday, and me being the superstitious kind, glad Chz started this one. And she needs to start the next one if/when we get two tonight...

I hear you. Gotta change things up. :D

I rather like those lines. That Boyes line should be interesting. Between Ennis' speed and playmaking ability and Boyes' ability to find open areas, I think they will have good chances tonight.

I don't mind these lines either. The second line has a guy in Ennis who stick handles around and takes the attention of the opposing Dmen, then we have Stafford and Boyes who are good at burying lose pucks. McCormick has been great this year considering his roll and I like having him on a '3rd' line.

That's not the mascot in the commercials. The one they have in the arena is your typical fake looking bear mascot wearing a hockey jersey. Those commercials always used a realistic looking bear costume (as realistic as you can get with a costume anyway).

hey you coming to the game?

Archived