Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

So it looks like it sets up as Miller vs Toronto and Enroth vs Ottawa... Miller back for Carolina.. Looks good to me... Looks like a normal goalie rotation for once in a long time in Buffalo...

I wouldnt mind enroth, miller , enroth , Miller could use a break and enroth could give us the little changeup for the canes

Agreed, but it's the home games that scare me.

Would the team get an extra shot in the arm if Vanek was named captain right before the next home game? It's just a formality at this point.

How awesome would it be if Vanek came to HSBC Arena on Sunday and there was a C on his jersey?

I wouldnt mind enroth, miller , enroth , Miller could use a break and enroth could give us the little changeup for the canes

don't get me wrong Enroth has played well but you absolutely DO NOT sit your starting goaltender against the team chasing you for 8th place. if we win that game we can put them in the rearview mirror. they don't care who is in net. giving them a change up does relatively little to change their strategy or anything.

miller, enroth, miller sounds right

BIG win, they played tough, the Bruins tried to push them around and they were not gonna let it happen. These T-PEGS Sabres are hot.

They keep this up and we might have to rename him Midas.

My god do I friggin hate the NESN announcers for Boston!! Bunch of whining crybabies! Had to listen to them complain about every call. They blow.

So glad the Sabres came back and kicked their ass! Great win.

Yep...I especially liked this one...

"McCormick just cross checked Chara! NO CALL!!!??!?!?!!?!?! So that's the way it's gonna be, huh?"

Yep...I especially liked this one...

"McCormick just cross checked Chara! NO CALL!!!??!?!?!!?!?! So that's the way it's gonna be, huh?"

Yep, that was a dandy play by play. Who is that moron for the B's??

And then the broadcast NEVER showed any replay of the so called cross check just as Chara got his elbows up in Cody's face.

Eat it Bruins!!

Those Bruins announcers were really bad. They were freaking out about that sekera tripping call that gave us a 5-3 pp. but what would their reaction be had it been on us?

Those guys define homerism. I'm so glad that center ice on DirecTV offers both feeds now. And yes I know that RJ is a homer too, but those guys take it to a whole new level.

Rank---Tm-----GP-----Wins---Los---OTL---PTS---last ten

7-----Buffalo----67------33-------26------8------74------6-2-2

8----NYRang---69------35-------30------4------74------4-6-0

9----Carolina---67------31-------26-----10-----72------4-4-2

Great game. Count me among those who are asking "is this the same team that started the season?" That was a gutty win and I think I'm safe in saying that this team is starting find its heart.

Those Bruins announcers were really bad. They were freaking out about that sekera tripping call that gave us a 5-3 pp. but what would their reaction be had it been on us?

Wasn't it Jack Edwards or some other homer?

Those guys define homerism. I'm so glad that center ice on DirecTV offers both feeds now. And yes I know that RJ is a homer too, but those guys take it to a whole new level.

True that RJ is a homer but I'm pretty sure I don't hear him whine about every call going against the Sabres. Plus, those WERE tripping penalties by Baaaaaaaston. Plain as day! Sekera, Grier each got tripped.

- Miller with a horrible over commit on the 2nd Boston goal, but a good game besides that mistake.

- Gerbe was the best Sabre on the ice. Playing physical, skating hard, hitting and a GREAT play on the GWG.

- I don't care that he scored the GTG, I never want to see Connolly in a Sabres uniform again. In the 2nd period he was in the slot about 20 feet in front of Miller, he breaks his stick and INCREDIBLY tosses the broken stick towards Miller. I swear to god, he seriously doesn't not give a ######. He could score the GWG for the next 10 games and I would still be demanding he be sent to the press box after each one.

- Boyes has been better than expected.

- Butler sucks. Why is he on the PP? Why is Weber in the press box?

- The Sabres have shocked me on this roadie. I did not expect them to have this much success.

Archived