Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Yep, that was a dandy play by play. Who is that moron for the B's??

And then the broadcast NEVER showed any replay of the so called cross check just as Chara got his elbows up in Cody's face.

Eat it Bruins!!

How about this one...

"Chara buries Montador, take that and talk to the radio station! Hahahaha...wait, what now? Boarding?!?!? He hit the ice first! He hit the ice, how could that be boarding?!?!"

Jack Edwards is the play-by-play man. His sidekick with the Baahstahn accent makes me cringe.

So it looks like it sets up as Miller vs Toronto and Enroth vs Ottawa... Miller back for Carolina.. Looks good to me... Looks like a normal goalie rotation for once in a long time in Buffalo...

Taking the family to see the Ottawa game....... :beer:

How about this one...

"Chara buries Montador, take that and talk to the radio station! Hahahaha...wait, what now? Boarding?!?!? He hit the ice first! He hit the ice, how could that be boarding?!?!"

Jack Edwards is the play-by-play man. His sidekick with the Baahstahn accent makes me cringe.

That was Jack Edwards, their play by play guy who made that exact call as you typed it. Absolutely brutal. Not one iota of journalistic integrity in that remark. Like listening to a high school sophomore. It's funny, the color guy (the sidekick, I forget his name) does color commentary for Vs. and when he does Boston games he's actually not bad. Not a hint of homerism. But get him with idiot Jack Edwards and he can't help himself.

GO SABRES!!!

Edit: The sidekick color guy is Andy Brickley.

Would the team get an extra shot in the arm if Vanek was named captain right before the next home game? It's just a formality at this point.

How awesome would it be if Vanek came to HSBC Arena on Sunday and there was a C on his jersey?

That would be very kool.......... :beer:

- I don't care that he scored the GTG, I never want to see Connolly in a Sabres uniform again. In the 2nd period he was in the slot about 20 feet in front of Miller, he breaks his stick and INCREDIBLY tosses the broken stick towards Miller. I swear to god, he seriously doesn't not give a ######. He could score the GWG for the next 10 games and I would still be demanding he be sent to the press box after each one.

You're not allowed to play with a broken stick, what do you want him to do? He didn't toss it AT Miller, he basically slid it on the ice behind the net to get it out of the way. He also saved a goal that would have put Buffalo in a hole early on, blocked at least one shot on the Boston 5 on 3 opportunity, scored the game tying goal and set up Pominville with a beautiful pass that Pommer couldn't cash...

the only Sabre that had a bad game was Chris Butler. And I think Mike Weber will be in the lineup next game because of it.

You're not allowed to play with a broken stick, what do you want him to do? He didn't toss it AT Miller, he basically slid it on the ice behind the net to get it out of the way. He also saved a goal that would have put Buffalo in a hole early on, blocked at least one shot on the Boston 5 on 3 opportunity, scored the game tying goal and set up Pominville with a beautiful pass that Pommer couldn't cash...

the only Sabre that had a bad game was Chris Butler. And I think Mike Weber will be in the lineup next game because of it.

I know you can't play with a broken stick and that is not what I saw. Slide it behind the net when your 20 feet in front of it? :blink: How about "dropping" it towards the boards?

Mancari looks like Richard Lewis on steroids.

That's F'n awesome!

WhaddamIgonna cover this guy....or do i go into the zone....my laces are too tight and I got this schmata with a slug on it....

That was a fun game. This one and the Philly one are signs of change. If they play with that intensity all the time I have no problem getting excited.

I'm glad many gave Lucic props. Not only did he not ragdoll him with his jersey over his head, he also let up on him the first time McCormick went down and PULLED him back to his feet from almost a deadlift. He fired quick, but Lucic had his gloves dropped for 15 seconds and McCormick wouldn't go. Mair used to try and get the first shot in all the time. that was the only way he'd win usually.

Such a great, great, gutsy, important and joyous win. I can't believe that my hatred has shifted so swiftly to Boston and Montreal in just the past year. Ottawa has dropped to the bottom and I have a feeling Toronto will be joining Montreal and Boston sooner rather than later. I gotta say, there is quite a bit of hatred between the actual teams in our division.....gotta love it!

Say what you want about Jack Edwards, but check out his call of the winner. That's no homer call.

Brickley I can't stand but I don't really get the hatred for Edwards. He's a pretty good play-by-play guy IMO. He LOVES Miller, too, and always talks about how great Miller is. Sure he's a homer but all those guys are. They're supposed to be.

I did fun it pretty amusing tonight when they begrudging both decided that if you HAD to choose a winner in the first McCormick fight, it would have to be McCormick, even though Cody threw about ten punches and connected on them all, including a knockdown, and the Bruin didnt even throw one let alone connect on one. That made me laugh.

Say what you want about Jack Edwards, but check out his call of the winner. That's no homer call.

Since I'm not forced to watch the Bruins feed anymore I haven't heard him the past two years or so, but he used to call the Sabres goals like he just found out someone died. I'm sure he's been coached to at least fake some excitement when a goal is scored by the opposition, kind of like RJ.

Since I'm not forced to watch the Bruins feed anymore I haven't heard him the past two years or so, but he used to call the Sabres goals like he just found out someone died. I'm sure he's been coached to at least fake some excitement when a goal is scored by the opposition, kind of like RJ.

I bet Rick has never called an opponent's goal with as much enthusiasm as Jack called Boyes' goal, ending with "Buffalo wins again!"

Sitting in Virginia Beach drinkin' a couple of Labatt Blues my brother brought down for my retirement ceremony, following a sabres win on the computer.....yea, it was a good night!

Congratulations on your retirement. Nice win in your honor!

So it looks like it sets up as Miller vs Toronto and Enroth vs Ottawa... Miller back for Carolina.. Looks good to me... Looks like a normal goalie rotation for once in a long time in Buffalo...

BTW, I noticed that Enroth dressed as the backup, not Lalime.

That was a fun game. This one and the Philly one are signs of change. If they play with that intensity all the time I have no problem getting excited.

I'm glad many gave Lucic props. Not only did he not ragdoll him with his jersey over his head, he also let up on him the first time McCormick went down and PULLED him back to his feet from almost a deadlift. He fired quick, but Lucic had his gloves dropped for 15 seconds and McCormick wouldn't go. Mair used to try and get the first shot in all the time. that was the only way he'd win usually.

There we go.

Lucic is a horse. That's what I want out of Kassian eventually.

Such a great, great, gutsy, important and joyous win. I can't believe that my hatred has shifted so swiftly to Boston and Montreal in just the past year. Ottawa has dropped to the bottom and I have a feeling Toronto will be joining Montreal and Boston sooner rather than later. I gotta say, there is quite a bit of hatred between the actual teams in our division.....gotta love it!

Good post.

Butler scares me. I am unsure why Lindy keeps him in. When Horton was ragdolling him i'm thinking pop him. What a Vajajay.

This cracked me up, but I thought Butler played (and has been playing) prettty solid, other than one awful giveaway late in the 3rd (or it might've been OT).

My game notes:

1. That can only be described as an epic win.

2. This team has heart.

3. What a great game by McCormick.

4. That's 4 (or maybe 5) wins for the Sabres vs. the Bruins this year. Don't tell me the Sabres can't beat them in the playoffs.

5. On the TC broken stick play referred to up-thread, the Sabres were in a vulnerable spot, as they were killing a penalty and down a stick, and Grier made a great play to outmuscle Chara for the puck and clear the zone.

6. I know Boyes scored again, but until then, I didn't see much offense out of him. And how many goalmouth flushes is he going to get?

7. Gerbe needs to be able to get the puck on net more (he seems to blast it wide from the slot and the faceoff circles far too often), but he really played hard tonight. He's an NHL player.

8. They need to keep the intensity up vs the Leafs and get another 2 points. This will keep the pressure on the Rangers and Carolina.

9. 7 points behind Montreal for #6 with 15 games to go. Not likely, but not impossible either. I think if a couple of skanky women showed up at Carey Price's house with some malt liquor and cocaine, this would really help the Sabres.

What a great win that was.

You take that back, what you said about Connolly!

Archived