Pegula presser live thread

PromoTheRobot

Heard the presser earlier but finally watched it and damn, that put a few tears in my eyes.

T-PEGS FTW!!!

EDIT:

And just listened to him on the Hamilton portion of WGR. My favorite part was how he said his name was "Terry Pegula" and not "B word before it".

That's a man that knows the value of a dollar and respects what he has been fortunate enough to achieve.

That's how I'm forcing myself to think about it instead of being pissy about Lindy and Darcy and diminishing what was a beautiful moment in the history of the franchise.

But, yeah, the excuses have run out. It's just a matter of how much time these guys have now. Reading Pegula, I suspect he'll be very patient and loyal (see Art Rooney quote), maybe to a fault -- and maybe even blame himself or his management team if the Sabres don't become contenders quickly.

The excuses ran out years ago.

I like the analogy that Regier will be given enough rope to hang himself. Which Regier will do. That way Pegula won't look like he didn;t give him a chance. I expect the rope to be short. You can't waste much time with the Regier's of the league and expect to win a Stanley Cup in three years.

Yeah, it's been a few years since they handed out those "Fan Code of Conduct" cards to Sabres fans at the RBC. I'll throw it in their face if they do that again, might as well help perpetuate the sterotype!

I remember those stupid things. Every Canes fan I've ever talked to at the arena always says it's never rowdier than when the Sabres come to town. I've been ejected from the RBC Center a handful of times and they've cut me off from alcohol a few times as well. Always a good time though, especially when the Sabres win.

Just was able to catch up on the presser and read through this thread.

Man, this is exciting. I wish I had been a hockey/Sabres fan for longer than the last few years. Honestly though, I couldn't be happier about my love, appreciation, and knowledge for the sport truly growing. With the Sabres, I am home.

Ready to begin the Pegula era.

More thoughts...

- Tpegs seemed much more committed to Lindy than Darcy. I wanted them both gone after the season, but I am confident that if things don't get turned around, both will be gone in a hurry.

- I was disappointed that nobody asked if there was going to be a "hockey man" above DR? I think it is much needed.

- I heard that the French Connection will be at the game tomorrow. I will be there and look forward to seeing past greats brought back in the fold.

- The "3 years to win the cup" comment is appropriate considering Miller will be 31 at the beginning of next season.

- I am not saying that Tpegs love for hockey or his fortune will bring a Cup to Buffalo, but I like our chances a LOT more than I did before he entered the picture.

GO SABRES!!!!

More thoughts...

- Tpegs seemed much more committed to Lindy than Darcy. I wanted them both gone after the season, but I am confident that if things don't get turned around, both will be gone in a hurry.

- I was disappointed that nobody asked if there was going to be a "hockey man" above DR? I think it is much needed.

- I heard that the French Connection will be at the game tomorrow. I will be there and look forward to seeing past greats brought back in the fold.

- The "3 years to win the cup" comment is appropriate considering Miller will be 31 at the beginning of next season.

- I am not saying that Tpegs love for hockey or his fortune will bring a Cup to Buffalo, but I like our chances a LOT more than I did before he entered the picture.

GO SABRES!!!!

He seemed more excited about Ruff than Regier. He said people had nice things to say about Regier. That is not an overwhelming endorsement.

I have to say that all the buzz about Terry Pegula becoming the new owner and finally becoming a reality has finally brought me out of "retirement". I no longer feel like I've been exiled by an ownership group that was out of touch with its fan base (amongst a few other things).

Lots of great comments here all around. Can't really put a finger on one that really stands out as the best on the thread thus far. However, I am replying to one that I think says a lot about the character of our new owner. So far as I know, he's only been married once. Not intended as a cheap shot, but OSP was married and divorced 3x.

We've definitely received the regime change we've wanted for a long time. I am very excited, and I am sure that all of us are looking forward to watching them deliver on those promises.

Finally, I know that none of us can wait for the day when the Sabres FINALLY win the Cup, the billboards around town celebrate the occasion, and Sabres fans at home and abroad can wear T-shirts and hats that say "Buffalo Sabres: Stanley Cup Champions". We'll wear them loud and we'll wear them proud! :clapping:

Hey, wasn't that a beautiful moment too when he introduced his family? That's the first time I choked up. Hopefully, just once, nice guys finish first.

Oh, and one other thing. I bet that LabattBlue will be glad to do a complete makeover on his signature block! :D (Now that LQ is completely out of the picture, and other things soon to follow.)

More thoughts...

GO SABRES!!!!

Wow Lebatt's on board. What's next Deluca?! Oh what one press conference can do....

I know I'm in the minority here and will get blasted but I still believe Quinn had final say on who was signed. He is the only reason Connolly is still here.

Paul Hamilton said it was rumored that "friendships" were involved in that decision...he would seem to be the one to know, he is around the team virtually every day and on their flights to and from games

Wow Lebatt's on board. What's next Deluca?! Oh what one press conference can do....

On board? I was sailing on the Stanley Cup ship all by myself until Pegula decided to climb on board. I noticed that he didn't start the press conference by saying that the "Sabres sole reason for being in existence is making it to 8th place."

The excuses ran out years ago.

I like the analogy that Regier will be given enough rope to hang himself. Which Regier will do. That way Pegula won't look like he didn;t give him a chance. I expect the rope to be short. You can't waste much time with the Regier's of the league and expect to win a Stanley Cup in three years.

I am predicting that DR will get an extension and be here beyond next season, AND that you will agree at some point next season that it is the right move.

It's a great day to be a Sabres fan.

More thoughts...

GO SABRES!!!!

Good post. I agree with everything, although I think that Ken Sawyer is a hockey man. (Not sure though.)

This quite possibly could be the most significant new arrival to the Buffalo sports scene since Jimbo rolled in in 1986.

Hallelujah!

Paul Hamilton said it was rumored that "friendships" were involved in that decision...he would seem to be the one to know, he is around the team virtually every day and on their flights to and from games

If that's the case, it's no wonder that DB and CD were let go and why we still have Connolly's heel.

:angry: :pirate: :death:

I am predicting that DR will get an extension and be here beyond next season, AND that you will agree at some point next season that it is the right move.

It's a great day to be a Sabres fan.

Good post. I agree with everything, although I think that Ken Sawyer is a hockey man. (Not sure though.)

This quite possibly could be the most significant new arrival to the Buffalo sports scene since Jimbo rolled in in 1986.

Hallelujah!

More likely that the man Pegula wants for the job wants to wait till the off-season to discuss the Sabres GM post.

More thoughts...

GO SABRES!!!!

A legitimate question. We need to learn a lot more about Black and Sawyer.

I have to say that all the buzz about Terry Pegula becoming the new owner and finally becoming a reality has finally brought me out of "retirement". I no longer feel like I've been exiled by an ownership group that was out of touch with its fan base (amongst a few other things).

Lots of great comments here all around. Can't really put a finger on one that really stands out as the best on the thread thus far. However, I am replying to one that I think says a lot about the character of our new owner. So far as I know, he's only been married once. Not intended as a cheap shot, but OSP was married and divorced 3x.

We've definitely received the regime change we've wanted for a long time. I am very excited, and I am sure that all of us are looking forward to watching them deliver on those promises.

Finally, I know that none of us can wait for the day when the Sabres FINALLY win the Cup, the billboards around town celebrate the occasion, and Sabres fans at home and abroad can wear T-shirts and hats that say "Buffalo Sabres: Stanley Cup Champions". We'll wear them loud and we'll wear them proud! :clapping:

Oh, and one other thing. I bet that LabattBlue will be glad to do a complete makeover on his signature block! :D (Now that LQ is completely out of the picture, and other things soon to follow.)

He may have been married only once, but two of his kids were born before he met his current wife.

Archived