Pegula presser live thread

PromoTheRobot

Oh, and one other thing. I bet that LabattBlue will be glad to do a complete makeover on his signature block! :D (Now that LQ is completely out of the picture, and other things soon to follow.)

Welcome back. I updated my sig, but cannot remove the Robert/Quinn exchange. That is one for the ages.

He may have been married only once, but two of his kids were born before he met his current wife.

Well, that's why I said, "So far as I know"; meaning, I don't know all the details of his family life but I'm giving it my best shot based on what I knew beforehand.

Robitaille said the rumors he had heard were that he wanted Craig Patrick to be his GM...

I don't have the greatest hockey sense in the world, but I really don't see this happening. I'd be shocked if it does.

BTW, here's an offseason move I'd like for TP & Co. to do: get rid of Harry Neale.

And do you really want to lock yourself into bringing in all Pittsburgh leftovers?

Partick is a terrific guy, and I'm told on good terms with Pegula.

I wouldn't be surprised if he is on the speed-dial. But I would imagine him

more in the Scotty Bowman consultant role.

BTW - He's probably the biggest unsung hero of US Hockey. If ever a phrase could be used.

there's some sort of transitive property at play here, since pegula's choking back tears when he acknowledged #11 as his hero prompted an identical reaction on my part (and on the part of many others watching, i bet).

I echo your sentiment, Aud Smell. All I could think about was how much transparency, passion, and humility this man showed today. His disposition doesn't fit his net worth.

I was a mess with his #11 reaction. We caught a glimpse of that 25 year old kid rooting for Floyd's team.

BTW - He's probably the biggest unsung hero of US Hockey. If ever a phrase could be used.

Good post.

Robitaille said the rumors he had heard were that he wanted Craig Patrick to be his GM...

I've heard Patrick mentioned more then once from multiple media people over the last several weeks but never as GM. It was always either as club President or adviser role. Even though it may seem like they are getting all Pittsburgh guys, i wouldn't mind Patrick. Very great hockey mind. Should be noted though, that he just may be a person who remains close to Pegula but has no official affiliation to the Sabres because as someone mentioned he's like 65 years old so i don't know if he would want a lot of hands on work anyways but also Ken Sawyer is the person who fired Patrick to bring in Ray Shero.

And do you really want to lock yourself into bringing in all Pittsburgh leftovers?

Even if they did get Patrick to join Ted Black and Ken Sawyer here, i don't think it's fair to call them the "Pittsburgh leftovers". Patrick worked 17yr for the Pens with tons of success, and even Ray Shero credited Patrick for "building" the latest Pens cup team, but eventually it's just time to move on for new blood, but also, Sawyer retired from the Pens and Black left on his own terms for more money.

Paul Hamilton said it was rumored that "friendships" were involved in that decision...he would seem to be the one to know, he is around the team virtually every day and on their flights to and from games

That's too bad nobody in the media asked the question. As much as some people think I like to complain for the sake of complaining, I don't. I get frustrated when the average person is fed BS and is supposed to take it as truth. When liars and secondary motives aren't exposed, it is all the more empowering to those doing the shapeshifting. Here we are 4 years later.

I'm just happy to have someone with character at the wheel of the ship now. I hope he has a fast learning curve. By keeping DR/LR, I think he may be blowing 2 years, but I can forgive a poor decision if his heart is in the right place. Today however I went from 90/10 in buying seats next year to 65/35. Let's see what the summer brings.

You are forgetting the day I launched Two Bills Drive, I still get the point...

I think you're forgetting the day you launched the Sabres Report. ;)

But for both: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Good call as usual Mr. Sherpa.

Just curious...

Has there been any mention that Pegula's two older children were from an earlier marriage? In the Buffalo News this morning, they list Kim Pegula as 41, so it is pretty clear that she cannot be their mother.

you're not alone in wondering about that. not that i'm judging or anything. i'm not. but i had an immediate curiosity over his family, since he put them front and center and talked about how the franchise was going to become a family.

i did a fair amount of googling on the subject, but didn't readily find anything helpful.

mrs. pegula is 41 years old and didn't meet pegula until 1991. so there's obviously no way that she's the mother of the two older kids (ages 32 and 28 according to wikipedia). based on their may (day! may day!) wedding in 1993, it seems clear that she is the mother of the younger three kids (ages 16, 14, and 11).

and as i stated up-thread (in what i hope was a non-creepy way), she's quite lervely. :wub:

you're not alone in wondering about that. not that i'm judging or anything. i'm not. but i had an immediate curiosity over his family, since he put them front and center and talked about how the franchise was going to become a family.

i did a fair amount of googling on the subject, but didn't readily find anything helpful.

mrs. pegula is 41 years old and didn't meet pegula until 1991. so there's obviously no way that she's the mother of the two older kids (ages 32 and 28 according to wikipedia). based on their may (day! may day!) wedding in 1993, it seems clear that she is the mother of the younger three kids (ages 16, 14, and 11).

and as i stated up-thread (in what i hope was a non-creepy way), she's quite lervely. :wub:

I wasn't judging either, as I tried to convey when I started my post with "Just curious". :)

Just curious...

Has there been any mention that Pegula's two older children were from an earlier marriage? In the Buffalo News this morning, they list Kim Pegula as 41, so it is pretty clear that she cannot be their mother.

The Church Lady brought that up last night. :)

Even if they did get Patrick to join Ted Black and Ken Sawyer here, i don't think it's fair to call them the "Pittsburgh leftovers". Patrick worked 17yr for the Pens with tons of success, and even Ray Shero credited Patrick for "building" the latest Pens cup team, but eventually it's just time to move on for new blood, but also, Sawyer retired from the Pens and Black left on his own terms for more money.

Pegula and Black were on WGR just now. Jeremy tried to very carefully ask, basically, what was the plan in Pittsburgh besides sucking and getting lucky.

Honestly, there was no answer for that.

Archived