Pegula presser live thread

PromoTheRobot

Loved when he talked about sitting on a bridge in Pennsylvania trying to hear radio coverage of WGR and the other ways he followed the team over the years. We lost power in our house when I was a kid and my dad hooked the TV up to a spare car battery to watch a Sabres road game called by Ted Darling (this is pre-cable TV). The power was sufficient to only fill about two-thirds of the screen, but we were able to watch!

When he looked over to Gilbert and told him, "You're my hero," I know I joined legions of fans in shedding some tears of joy. Because Perreault was MY idol, too. And because this organization could have done so much more with and for its alumni for all these years. WELCOME BACK former Sabres!

I also loved how he described the type of player he wants -- and I thought we could get rid of about one-third of our roster tomorrow based on his criteria. Maybe more.

GO SABRES !!!!!!!

This was a pretty big moment no one has mentioned. I think it was Scott Brown who asked if he intended to own the team for the rest of his life. He didn't answer it at first, and Brown followed up. Terry said you might be looking at the answer and appeared to look at his wife. His answer ultimately was "for awhile."

OT: @ "That Aud Smell": your avatar photo of the Aud interior, with the ramp to the right heading up to the nosebleeds, is a little piece of awesomeness. Great memories of me and my Dad heading up to the Oranges.

thanks. that photo was pulled from a website/blog that documented what was probably the last great exploration of the old barn. as i think you inferred, the photo and my screen name are meant to go hand-in-hand -- it's just about that precise location that was the best place to take in a deep breath of "that aud smell."

When he looked over to Gilbert and told him, "You're my hero," I know I joined legions of fans in shedding some tears of joy.

it's not hyperbole for me to say that that specific moment fast becomes one of my favorite moments in franchise history. that was special.

Everyone appears to be overlooking the most important aspect of that press conference.

Ted Black.

He was intrumental in the resurgence of the Penguins as a Cup team. This is the guy that is ultimately going to give Regier his marching orders. He was one of the first to acknowledge Pittsburg needed to move away from the Lemieux Era and start building for the future.

I'd be surprised if Buffalo doesn't make a splash this deadline, and not a small one either.

Everyone appears to be overlooking the most important aspect of that press conference.

Ted Black.

He was intrumental in the resurgence of the Penguins as a Cup team. This is the guy that is ultimately going to give Regier his marching orders. He was one of the first to acknowledge Pittsburg needed to move away from the Lemieux Era and start building for the future.

I'd be surprised if Buffalo doesn't make a splash this deadline, and not a small one either.

That was leaked like a week ago. Great hire. And Ken Sawyer is probably the biggest impact of the conference.

Ted Black.

They need a small nuclear explosion at this point to hammer home what they really feel is necessary to make a cup contender. How do ppl feel about Brad boyes? His name has been associated with the sabres a little and it was an interesting idea if regier can stop sucking.

Ted Black.

One can hope that Ted will have some influence on Darcy and everything about the hockey experience in Buffalo. I have only been to one game at HSBC, last Nov, and was so disappointed in the energy level etc.

Ted Black.

They need a small nuclear explosion at this point to hammer home what they really feel is necessary to make a cup contender. How do ppl feel about Brad boyes? His name has been associated with the sabres a little and it was an interesting idea if regier can stop sucking.

brad boyes isn't the guy we need imo, i'd be happy to have him, but he wouldn't suddenly change the dynamic of the team. need something bigger.

also the only place i've seen his name mentioned is... you guessed it... eklund <_<

brad boyes isn't the guy we need imo, i'd be happy to have him, but he wouldn't suddenly change the dynamic of the team. need something bigger.

also the only place i've seen his name mentioned is... you guessed it... eklund <_<

Yea ik its sad and Eklund totally sucks :thumbdown:

I don't buy too much into the vote of confidence for Darcy. What else is he supposed to say during his introductory news conference? Trash the guy? He'll keep him for the rest of the year for sure but beyond that I think is anyone's guess.

Now get to work Darcy!

To add to this, Pegula knows the best way to win over the fans immediately and show that he is not all talk is to make a big slash on the trade market. So I, for one, look for that to happen in the next few days.

I half expected him and his family to start singing "Me & my Buffalo Sabres Yeah - Yeah - Yeah!"

I am!!

He could have easily worked in a comment like...

"trust me, these Sabres will be razor sharp." "yeah, yeah, yeah..."

To add to this, Pegula knows the best way to win over the fans immediately and show that he is not all talk is to make a big slash on the trade market. So I, for one, look for that to happen in the next few days.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit, this guys for real :thumbsup:

I don't buy too much into the vote of confidence for Darcy. What else is he supposed to say during his introductory news conference? Trash the guy? He'll keep him for the rest of the year for sure but beyond that I think is anyone's guess.

Now get to work Darcy!

Interesting take. I thought the praise was so strong, it wasn't just obligatory. I came away thinking Darcy has through at least the end of next season.

Archived