Pegula presser live thread

PromoTheRobot

He does seem to be down to earth and not some polished blowhard who is always speaking down to the common people.

I liked the comments about in business it was about making people feel they are part of the family. Lets see if he can create that sort of feeling on this team and bring in new exciting members to the family and guys that will lay it all out and have the skill to go with the desire

Pegula buy ones of those old wearhouses next to the arena and build a hotel for teams coming to visit. You could create the anchor for the waterfront in 1 swing. Just think, a hotel where the visitors stay free of charge and sabres players can go for massages and stuff.... you could make this town the DESTINATION for nhl players.

Pegula buy ones of those old wearhouses next to the arena and build a hotel for teams coming to visit. You could create the anchor for the waterfront in 1 swing. Just think, a hotel where the visitors stay free of charge and sabres players can go for massages and stuff.... you could make this town the DESTINATION for nhl players.

Visitors means visiting teams not random ppl who want a room just in case of confusion... there should be a pool and player only floor as well

I loved the Perreault references. For old timers like me, it all began with Perreault and I'd love to see the excitement return that existed in the 70's.

+1 to wanting to see the excitement of the early days return. Bring in an exciting player or two and entertain the fans!!

Darcy either:

1. Quietly fades away (read: transitions), comfortable with his current contract and confident that his resume will give him plenty of other options should he want them; or

2. Latches on to Terry's "no financial barriers" talk as a convenient, politically correct opportunity to quietly let the world ascribe his prior inaction and blunders to the Tom&Larry show - and starts showing some balls.

the perreault thing just killed me -- killed me. that's my main takeaway from the presser -- well, that and his repeated references to his tweety-bird daughters and the fact that his wife is something of a dish.

apologies if that seems trite, but once i witnessed such a clear display of commitment from the man, i felt free to focus on other stuff.

pegula quipped at the end of his speech about how he was willing to bet that bert didn't know he could make a grown man cry.

there's some sort of transitive property at play here, since pegula's choking back tears when he acknowledged #11 as his hero prompted an identical reaction on my part (and on the part of many others watching, i bet).

Well, it was a great 1st impression.

He (partially) answered the Q's I had, and he gave more info than I'd expected.

I love that he said he's going to increase the scouting budget - both personnel & the video side of it. I also love that he's planning on making the amenities for the players top notch. He will also bring in additional 'development' coaches.

And I loved the quotes about Perreault and (paraphrasing here) 'if I want to make money, I'll drill a gas well.'

And the question about whether Darcy can get it done when he isn't dealing w/ significant constraints will finally be answered. I'm not certain that he can, but he's shown enough in the past to make me believe he could.

I feel like driving to the Peace Bridge and mooning Leafs fans. They can crap on our city all they want but we have something they will likely never have...an owner who cares about winning.

PTR

Who cares what people think about Buffalo. I love Buffalo and there is a TON of history here. Just because it's not the size Toronto doesn't mean it's inferior? Let them talk all they want.

This is the Rustbelt! Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Baltimore. Let them insult us within our city limits and see how fast they go running for the border. :angry:

Didn't Terry just announce Darcy would be back next season, and presumably beyond?

What is he supposed to say right now? "Well, we'll keep Darcy on through the rest of the season and see what happens from there..."?

That's completely against the management philosophy Pegula espouses and what had made him incredibly wealthy. He may be thinking that, but it would be bad form to say it, especially at the presser.

Archived