Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

7:00 PM start

Show me something tonight. Pens are on 3rd game in 4 nights and had a travel day in there too. Sabres haven't played since Ottawa. Only Ennis played in a game. Show me something!! This is a bellwether test.

I hope to see the same type of team play and effort that we saw last time they had a long layoff against Columbus. Only difference that game was at home and this is on the road.

The players know whats at stake and where they are in the standings. With the current records and amount of games left they need at least a point every night they play with a good deal of those being two pointers. They also cannot afford the 3 pt games against the teams in their conference they are chasing with a chance to catch.

Playoffs for them start now and lest they forget they are also auditioning for their new owner tonight. Show me who wants to be on this team.

Let's go Buff'a'lo.

It's the same inadequate team on the ice tonight, but I'm more pumped for this game than I have been in a long time with the Pegula era set to begin. Let's go Buffalo!

I feel exactly the same way.

This will be only the third game I watch so far this season.

I'm pumped that there's a new owner in place, but at the same time fully expect a "Lindy Ruff" effort, meaning they'll likely lose the game in the first period.

Who cares though? Quinn is gone, and to me that's the best damn thing to happen since someone, somewhere decided beer should be cold.

Canes and Atlanta both stumbling again.....TIME TO ROLL BOYS. I feel a couple fights and a win tonight to set up for a nice little atmosphere when I visit HSBC tomorrow

Probably the same hand wringing is going on on ATL, CAR and NYR boards. I'd imagine they say the same thing, have the same emotions rolling..

I feel exactly the same way.

This will be only the third game I watch so far this season.

I'm pumped that there's a new owner in place, but at the same time fully expect a "Lindy Ruff" effort, meaning they'll likely lose the game in the first period.

Who cares though? Quinn is gone, and to me that's the best damn thing to happen since someone, somewhere decided beer should be cold.

Quinn will be at the game tonight unfortunately, but he will be sitting with soon to be owner Pegula. When and if they show Pegula on TV I'll be giving a standing ovation in my living room.

It's the same inadequate team on the ice tonight, but I'm more pumped for this game than I have been in a long time with the Pegula era set to begin. Let's go Buffalo!

A couple of the stories about the sale mention how the players are excited about the whole thing. I really wonder if that has played a major role in their recent stretch of games.

A couple of the stories about the sale mention how the players are excited about the whole thing. I really wonder if that has played a major role in their recent stretch of games.

Yep, and I wonder if the uncertainty of things back in the fall (was the team being sold? why didn't Lindy sign an extension etc.) contributed to the slow start?

I hope to see the same type of team play and effort that we saw last time they had a long layoff against Columbus. Only difference that game was at home and this is on the road.

The players know whats at stake and where they are in the standings. With the current records and amount of games left they need at least a point every night they play with a good deal of those being two pointers. They also cannot afford the 3 pt games against the teams in their conference they are chasing with a chance to catch.

Playoffs for them start now and lest they forget they are also auditioning for their new owner tonight. Show me who wants to be on this team.

Let's go Buff'a'lo.

Lets go, boys! Time to win one for your new owner and take advantage of all those games in hand. Pittsburgh is a wounded penguin right now. Time to take advantage of a weakened and tired opponent. :pirate:

Well, Pittsburgh is 19 points ahead of the Sabres and a much better team overall even without Crosby. Malkin (who is returning tonight) and Staal are better than anyone on the Sabres, Orpik, Letang, Michalek and Martin are better than any of the Sabres' defensemen (unless Myers is on his game) and Fleury is having a better year than Miller.

Having said that, if the Sabres play hard and get good goaltending, they can win. But they will need to play very well for 60 minutes.

Go Sabres.

Well, Pittsburgh is 19 points ahead of the Sabres and a much better team overall even without Crosby. Malkin (who is returning tonight) and Staal are better than anyone on the Sabres, Orpik, Letang, Michalek and Martin are better than any of the Sabres' defensemen (unless Myers is on his game) and Fleury is having a better year than Miller.

Having said that, if the Sabres play hard and get good goaltending, they can win. But they will need to play very well for 60 minutes.

Go Sabres.

Malkin is in his first game back after a long layoff - what will he look like? Who knows. Stall is not his brother. Another center is out. I cee your Orpik and raise you Weber (odd that our Buffalo born Orpik plays for the Pens, and their Pittsburgh born Weber plays for Buffalo - I see them as VERY similar players).

I have a good feeling about tonight. Maybe its just the afterglow of yesterdays conference and knowing that Quinn took a cardboard box to work with him yesterday!

Malkin is in his first game back after a long layoff - what will he look like? Who knows. Stall is not his brother. Another center is out. I cee your Orpik and raise you Weber (odd that our Buffalo born Orpik plays for the Pens, and their Pittsburgh born Weber plays for Buffalo - I see them as VERY similar players).

I have a good feeling about tonight. Maybe its just the afterglow of yesterdays conference and knowing that Quinn took a cardboard box to work with him yesterday!

It's not Mellon, so it has to be better.

For those following the Hassan trial, Steve Cichon on twitter:

"@SteveWBEN: #hassan sabres jerseys on jury include: Miller, Drury, Lafontaine, two others... At least one sabres tshirt, at least one sabres sweatshirt"

Only in Buffalo will you find 7 of 12 jury members at a murder trial wearing Sabres gear in court on gameday. :pirate:

Sabres win tonight.

For those following the Hassan trial, Steve Cichon on twitter:

"@SteveWBEN: #hassan sabres jerseys on jury include: Miller, Drury, Lafontaine, two others... At least one sabres tshirt, at least one sabres sweatshirt"

Only in Buffalo will you find 7 of 12 jury members at a murder trial wearing Sabres gear in court on gameday. :pirate:

Sabres win tonight.

I heard Hassan has his Rob Johnson Bills jersey on too.

Archived