Terry Pegula buying the Buffalo Sabres discussion

\GoBillsInDallas/

It's a good thing that the Sabres don't get a vote; it might never get there.

As soon as I read that article this morning, I was wondering who would be the first to make a remark of this sort. Carp wins.

Also, fax? How quaint. Will they also be discussing the upcoming Clinton v. Dole election while listening to the latest Nirvana CD?

So... who is Ben Bouma?

IDed as "PSU producer" in an interview posted on YouTube at the time of Pegula's presser at PSU. Won national championship with Penn State's club hockey team.

A playa in the Pegula Mafia? Future Mike Gilbert?

So... who is Ben Bouma?

IDed as "PSU producer" in an interview posted on YouTube at the time of Pegula's presser at PSU. Won national championship with Penn State's club hockey team.

A playa in the Pegula Mafia? Future Mike Gilbert?

Sharp guy.....talks fast and candid. He's got honest takes on the Twatter. Looks like he's big sports production with ESPN/TBS/NBC. Hockey roots. Cue the Barry Melrose rumors!

Who knows how this will all shake out, but I'll tell you this.....if he's the mouth of Pegula, I think transparency with the Sabres will increase 10 fold.

Sharp guy.....talks fast and candid. He's got honest takes on the Twatter. Looks like he's big sports production with ESPN/TBS/NBC. Hockey roots. Cue the Barry Melrose rumors!

Who knows how this will all shake out, but I'll tell you this.....if he's the mouth of Pegula, I think transparency with the Sabres will increase 10 fold.

A PSU guy as spokesman in a tiny way adds to my suspicion that Craig Patrick will be GM or president. This makes Pegula look like someone who sticks with people he knows and trusts.

I thought Bouma had an interesting comment about how without the lottery ball bouncing Pitt's way on Crosby, "who knows where we (PSU Division 1 hockey) would be." Linking the Penguins' fortunes with Pegula's gift.

This is fun, but I really want to hear and see Terry Pegula with that sabre logo bedsheet in the background. Be it ever so humble...

A PSU guy as spokesman in a tiny way adds to my suspicion that Craig Patrick will be GM or president. This makes Pegula look like someone who sticks with people he knows and trusts.

I thought Bouma had an interesting comment about how without the lottery ball bouncing Pitt's way on Crosby, "who knows where we (PSU Division 1 hockey) would be." Linking the Penguins' fortunes with Pegula.

This is fun, but I really want to hear and see Terry Pegula with that sabre logo bedsheet in the background. Be it ever so humble...

Patrick would make sense, and I'm cool with that. Just give me guys that are both thoughtful AND bold. Even listening to a few clips of Bouma, it's none of that guarded, slow and monotonous talk we get from everyone in management. The guy sounds like he has opinions, knows what he wants, and isn't afraid to express them. That's what I want to see....educated, honest risk-takers.

Today's Sabres Edge update

It's getting closer !!!

:worthy:

Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs confirmed that the meeting was held before the 9 a.m. NHL Board of Governors' meeting in Umstead Hotel and Spa, but he would not get into details.

I went there once. Two beers and a cheese and cracker plate = $45. Never again. Definitely a place for those with TP type coin.

A PSU guy as spokesman in a tiny way adds to my suspicion that Craig Patrick will be GM or president. This makes Pegula look like someone who sticks with people he knows and trusts.I thought Bouma had an interesting comment about how without the lottery ball bouncing Pitt's way on Crosby, "who knows where we (PSU Division 1 hockey) would be." Linking the Penguins' fortunes with Pegula's gift.

Isn't this the way it always works?

Isn't this the way it always works?

No. The Knoxes didn't know Scotty Bowman or John Muckler.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just interesting. Pegula didn't go out and hire a PR firm to handle media inquiries.

Certainly lots of people have gone out of business quickly hiring their friends and family.

No. The Knoxes didn't know Scotty Bowman or John Muckler.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, just interesting. Pegula didn't go out and hire a PR firm to handle media inquiries.

Certainly lots of people have gone out of business quickly hiring their friends and family.

There almost always is a trusted adviser at the top that helps run and advises. I'm willing to bet that Robert Swados pointed the Knoxes in the direction of the aforementioned moves. The key is not eventually surrounding yourself with yes men and instead putting people in the best position to succeed. Doesn't matter if its business or sports, its all the same.

There almost always is a trusted adviser at the top that helps run and advises. I'm willing to bet that Robert Swados pointed the Knoxes in the direction of the aforementioned moves. The key is not eventually surrounding yourself with yes men and instead putting people in the best position to succeed. Doesn't matter if its business or sports, its all the same.

Did you ever read Swados' book? Counsel in the Crease. I read some of it in a bookstore. Looks to be the most serious book written about the Sabres. I am embarrassed to say I didn't buy it.

One part talks about an encounter Swados had with Bettman in the finals. Sabres had taken a ton of penalties in game 1 and of course won. Swados said something like "Adversity overcome," to which Bettman said, "Adversity deserved." Not sure i have that perfectly right, but the disdain for Bettman was clear.

Archived