Terry Pegula buying the Buffalo Sabres discussion

\GoBillsInDallas/

OK, you idiots, getting to 1,000 posts before the sale is announced is NOT a good thing!

I would never have imagined it happening.

Sabres also went to the conference finals in 1998.

I love how we have people registering just to bump the post count. It's almost like people actually believed the 1000 post joke.

I love how we have people registering just to bump the post count. It's almost like people actually believed the 1000 post joke.

What, you think it isn't true? Unbeliever!

As I said yesterday:

I don't think posts just for the sake of raising the post count will be considered - I am sure TP is waiting for 1000 insightful, on point posts in this thread before announcing his takeover and the public tarring and feathering of Quinn and Regier. In other words, it may never happen.

Now the dirt starts to come out...

"Pegula trains in Boca Raton, but is originally from Pittsburgh, and was sporting a Terrible Towel on changeovers in support of her Steelers in the AFC Title game."

http://www.florida.usta.com/florida_tennis_briefs4_pegula_runner-up_at_usta_pro_circuit_st_pete_grant_more111/

It's still a pretty strong move, though, to have your first post be the thousandth post.

Always reading, seen chance to post #1000, took it.

I'm hoping more info comes out on this sale after the break, it's an understatement to say I can't wait for this to be finalized.

:thumbsup:

Once again, Sabres hockey has become so irrelevant that a Pegula thread reaching 1000 posts seems to have more people excited than what is going on with the team itself.

All too true - I've noticed the lack of enthusiasm. I just didn't want to point it out at the risk of being a Captain Bringdown...:pirate:

Once again, Sabres hockey has become so irrelevant that a Pegula thread reaching 1000 posts seems to have more people excited than what is going on with the team itself.

All too true - I've noticed the lack of enthusiasm. I just didn't want to point it out at the risk of being a Captain Bringdown...:pirate:

Enthusiasm is building a bit. 6 pts out at the ASG with 3 games in hand. The GDTs are getting a fair amount of traffic. In the 2 weeks after the ASG, they have: Pitt, Toronto, Tampa, Florida, Islanders, Habs, Toronto, and St. Louis. If they win 6 of those, they'll be in the #8 slot or very close with a week to go before the trading deadline, and maybe even some news about ownership (other than this thread hitting the magic 1200 post count). You'll see plenty of enthusiasm. DeLuca might even change his mind about the whole thing again.

Go Sabres.

I don't want to jinx it, but I hope they bring Brad Richards in, put the C on him and they make it to the 7th seed, and end up crushing Boston. This will redeem my faith in spite of all of what they did the past 3-4 years. (runon sentence, but you get my drift)

Dallas is in 1st place in their division and Richards is their leading scorer. Unless it's for a ridiculous overpayment Richards likely isn't going anywhere.

Archived