Terry Pegula buying the Buffalo Sabres discussion

\GoBillsInDallas/

we need one of those fancy playoff chance websites to chart the likelihood of this deal closing -- i think it's north of 90% at this point.

as for the matter of why it hasn't closed yet, i'm still of the same view as i was earlier this month:

On that note, not sure what is slowing it....
lawyers.

I listened to "Hockeycentral" today driving in my car on fan 590 from Toronto, and they were talking Sabres/Habs and Doug McLean (co-host) said that he's heard Criag Patrick will be coming with Pegula in an advisory role which could end up being team President soon thereafter. He did say that's just what he's heard and it's not a fact but McLean is one of the most connected people, so i'd say that is pretty legit. I doubt he'd say that if he didn't hear it from someone really in the know.

McLean said he loves the move to name Patrick as President because he has no problem of keeping the same guys (like make a working relationship with Ruff and Darcy) or he has no problem of going out and bringing in a big name to work with him (and he mentioned Eddie Johnson, who Patrick named to be his assistant, Scotty Bowman who was named to a advisory role by Patrick in Pitt and Herb Brooks to coach the Pens).

Like the previous 900+ posts, take it for what it's worth...

I listened to "Hockeycentral" today driving in my car on fan 590 from Toronto, and they were talking Sabres/Habs and Doug McLean (co-host) said that he's heard Criag Patrick will be coming with Pegula in an advisory role which could end up being team President soon thereafter. He did say that's just what he's heard and it's not a fact but McLean is one of the most connected people, so i'd say that is pretty legit. I doubt he'd say that if he didn't hear it from someone really in the know.

McLean said he loves the move to name Patrick as President because he has no problem of keeping the same guys (like make a working relationship with Ruff and Darcy) or he has no problem of going out and bringing in a big name to work with him (and he mentioned Eddie Johnson, who Patrick named to be his assistant, Scotty Bowman who was named to a advisory role by Patrick in Pitt and Herb Brooks to coach the Pens).

He'd be an interesting choice to help out, I can't think of anyone offhand that probably has more hockey contacts.

I choose to give this report more weight because I like what it says.

Good stuff. Thanks.

Doug MacLean from Hockey Night in Canada, right?

I choose to give this report more weight because I like what it says.

Nice.

Good stuff. Thanks.

Doug MacLean from Hockey Night in Canada, right?

No, you're thinking of Ron MacLean. This is Doug MacLean, who is an analyst on Sportsnet in Canada during their hockey coverage and hosts this daily noon show on Fan 590. He was also Florida's head coach in the year they went to the finals. When it comes to scoops, he's like Darren Dreger.

Especially this post: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/18155-terry-pegula-buying-the-buffalo-sabres-discussion/page__view__findpost__p__236313

The more time goes by with no info the more I believe this is just hogwash...

Hey Quinn - go back to your land development and leave the hockey to people that know something about it, you hoser! :lol:

Can't wait till Pegs kicks you out of your little corner office - I hope the Buffalo News gets pictures of you carrying your cardboard box full of office supplies to your car! :nana:

Thanks for that.

Good reporting. Wonder if it's just someone being energetic enough to pick up the phone and ask.

A lot of integrity too, given how this report shoots down WGRZ's previous reporting that the sale would be announced shortly after the juniors.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=105789&catid=37

BUFFALO (wgrz.com) - An NHL Spokesperson tells 2-On-Your-Side that the sale of the Sabres to Pennsylvania billionaire Terry Pegula will not be on the agenda for approval at the Board of Governors meetings next week in Raleigh, North Carolina.

We're told at most there will be a "report on the status of the sale, but no vote." Also that Pegula may be in Raleigh, but won't be part of the meeting based on the fact he's "not an owner yet."

Sources tell 2-On-Your-Side that the deal is progressing, and is still in the midst of what's called the "sale process." Once that process is completed, the sale will need final approval from the NHL's Board of Governors.

Archived