[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

Anyone know if there's a thread on a football forum dedicated to the Sabres? I doubt it. Must be the dog days of summer when the sabres training camp is about 2 weeks away and there's no excitement and basically nothing new to talk about in Sabreland. Oh, and Regier and company hibernate.

Anyone know if there's a thread on a football forum dedicated to the Sabres? I doubt it. Must be the dog days of summer when the sabres training camp is about 2 weeks away and there's no excitement and basically nothing new to talk about in Sabreland. Oh, and Regier and company hibernate.

Go cry somewhere else. I know you're just trying to make the latest in a long string of "the Sabres suck" posts, but I as well point out that several Sabres threads, and other NHL threads too, pop up all the time over at TSW (the Bills board that SDS runs, in case you don't know about it). So heaven forbid a bunch of people who either live in Buffalo or have very strong ties to the area actually want to talk about the other pro team in the city. We apologize for your inconvenience and we'll never mention the Bills again on this board.

edit: Wonderbread, I don't even want to know what that involves.

Go cry somewhere else. I know you're just trying to make the latest in a long string of "the Sabres suck" posts, but I as well point out that several Sabres threads, and other NHL threads too, pop up all the time over at TSW (the Bills board that SDS runs, in case you don't know about it). So heaven forbid a bunch of people who either live in Buffalo or have very strong ties to the area actually want to talk about the other pro team in the city. We apologize for your inconvenience and we'll never mention the Bills again on this board.

edit: Wonderbread, I don't even want to know what that involves.

What's funny is that whenever those threads pop up over there, they are always very positive. It's refreshing to see, sometimes, an outsider's view of the team.

Whatever. You and your 6 or 7 pals have a nice circle jerk until hockey season starts.

PTR

That right there is why I frequent TSW less and less, although it has been better lately.

i haven't been over there in almost 2 years. i just can't stand the din.

That's the best you've got? Everyone should know by now that I have no friends.

well-played.

PTR you can be the pivot man.

oh, snap.

O.K. shrader, I'll bite but I certainly won't cry somewhere else. This is where I come for hockey. The Bills suck anyways. And for the record when I bash Regier I'm not bashing the sabres. I happen to be a fan who expects better of management. It's a hell of a lot better than being a fan thats happy with mediocraty.

Seems most Bills fans are hoping for the team to bottom out and grab a big name college QB. I am all for it. Another 6-7 win season is indeed a worst case scenario. From what I have seen in the preseason I think the Bills will bottom out. I see this as a positive and is actually a step forward. This team needs a couple of years drafting at the top of each round and we will see a actual turn around. I have been impressed with Nix and Gailey to this point. I hated the signings to begin with. They may be exactly what this franchise needs. A couple of quality football men making football decisions. I love that James Hardy was finally released. A sign that it doesn't matter where you were drafted. You can either play football or not. I wish the Sabres would forget their ties to players and based their decisions on what is best for the team.

Really bizarre coaching decision at the end. What was gained by snapping the ball out of the end zone for a safety? Then free kicking it away.

The odds are very long either way, but the odds of converting a fourth and 10, then driving down for a field goal have to be better than somehow getting the ball back after the free kick and driving down for a touchdown.

Risk/reward. The reward of going for it on fourth down is making it and having a chance to tie it, or even win it. The risk is, uh... losing the game immediately instead of five real-time minutes later.

Really bizarre coaching decision at the end. What was gained by snapping the ball out of the end zone for a safety? Then free kicking it away.

The odds are very long either way, but the odds of converting a fourth and 10, then driving down for a field goal have to be better than somehow getting the ball back after the free kick and driving down for a touchdown.

Risk/reward. The reward of going for it on fourth down is making it and having a chance to tie it, or even win it. The risk is, uh... losing the game immediately instead of five real-time minutes later.

It helped Miami clear the spread.

Seriously though, if they go for it and screw up, Miami is guaranteed points and most likely gets 7. The safety ran off the least amount of time of any of the options. But no matter which way they went, all of the options sucked.

I think that decision was Chan realizing that Edwards wasn't going to get them out of there. It would have been a clever move if they could have scored when they got the ball back.

At one point Captain Checkdown was a dazzling 10 of 20 for 39 yards. No success is coming to this team with him at QB. Lee Evans is the greatest decoy in NFL history.

Edwards was terrible, but it has to be noted that the offensive line didn't give him any time to throw and didn't make any holes for the RBs.

After watching that abomination of a game, I can report that I have no desire to watch another Bills game any time soon.

Edwards was terrible, but it has to be noted that the offensive line didn't give him any time to throw and didn't make any holes for the RBs.

After watching that abomination of a game, I can report that I have no desire to watch another Bills game any time soon.

I'll give you that the line has to do a better job but it would be nice if Edwards threw the ball around 10 yards sometimes rather then 2 yards.

I will be back next week watching as the Bills get trounced by the Pack.

Edwards looked more like his once promising self during pre-season, but as soon as he was back in a real game against a team with a real defense, he looked like his PTSD-self from last year. I have to wonder what his career would have looked like behind a real offensive line, but at this point he may be too messed up in the head.

I will be back next week watching as the Bills get trounced by the Pack.

I respect your loyalty. For me, though, the game wasn't entertaining or enjoyable in the slightest. It was downright unpleasant. I couldn't wait for it to end. I just think at this point there are about a million better things to do on a Sunday afternoon.

I respect your loyalty. For me, though, the game wasn't entertaining or enjoyable in the slightest. It was downright unpleasant. I couldn't wait for it to end. I just think at this point there are about a million better things to do on a Sunday afternoon.

I spent all day saturday battling food poisoning. That was more fun than watching the game.

I'll tell you one thing....it's nice to finally have a coach that can think on his feet. I didn't agree with everything Gailey did, but he had an idea and was consistant in his decision process. The wind was nasty on-field as seen by Moorman's poor outing....and that one directional aspect led to 5 big decisions that took guts to make because some were against conventional wisdom.

He understood Spiller can't get it done between the tackles when a team takes away Evans over the top and contains the edges. This will be an ongoing theme, but at least he relied on Freddy Jackson as the game progressed. They are trying to use Nelson as a hybrid slot-TE guy....and I think once he and Edwards have full trust, that will open up space for the skill guys.

The defense wasn't disgusting....and I actually think they will fare better against finesse type teams. Teams with power and possesion receivers will just chop away and wear them down.

If Grant doesn't go for GB, I actually like the Bills to hang in there. I think Gailey is going to make changes on the fly and keep these guys competitive from week to week. The RB depth will work better in space against the Packers, and our cover guys can handle a challenge if Jackson is their RB. We just need to gamble more on D because it will take big plays to have a chance to win. I wouldn't be shocked to see a 21-17 sort of game going into the 4th quarter and I think the Bills are a good bet.

This will not be a stupid team. I don't know if they will win many games, but I am willing to let them find what they do best over the next few weeks before I call them hopeless. I think using Freddy and Nelson to set up the playmakers is what needs to be done, and I "think" Gailey is smart enough to figure that out in a hurry.

Archived