[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

I agree 100%. It's 4th down and 10 or whatever, you're down by 20 whatever points, there are only a few minutes left and you scramble out of bounds for 2 yards? Just take 3 steps and throw it up for grabs - what does it matter?

He needed to preserve his stats? Yeah, I couldn't even finish that one without laughing uncontrollably.

The 2 ints weren't his fault though - so he should have ended up with 120 yards.

The INTs weren't his fault, but both of those passes were really stupid decisions. Johnson was still 5 yards shy of the first down with two defenders near him with, other receivers open. Parrish was 2 yards behind the LOS and there is no way Trent didn't see the defender right on him. He should have never thrown it. Trent sucks real bad.

The INTs weren't his fault, but both of those passes were really stupid decisions. Johnson was still 5 yards shy of the first down with two defenders near him with, other receivers open. Parrish was 2 yards behind the LOS and there is no way Trent didn't see the defender right on him. He should have never thrown it. Trent sucks real bad.

I'd like to know exactly what kind of miscommunication happened on that first pick because Johnson clearly was stopping his route right as Trent started to throw the ball.

I'd like to know exactly what kind of miscommunication happened on that first pick because Johnson clearly was stopping his route right as Trent started to throw the ball.

It would be nice to know if Johnson was supposed to stop or if he was supposed to continue his run. The blame would change I think if he was supposed to stop.

It would be nice if some plays were called where the receivers were 2-3 yards past the first down marker and then could come back a few yards to make the catch if needed - like every other team in the league does.

On the Parrish note - maybe Trent didn't see the defender! Maybe he needs glasses.

It would be nice if some plays were called where the receivers were 2-3 yards past the first down marker and then could come back a few yards to make the catch if needed - like every other team in the league does.

On the Parrish note - maybe Trent didn't see the defender! Maybe he needs glasses.

Maybe his eyes are slightly misalligned.

If they go 0-3 and there is no sign of improvement, then I would like to see Brohm get a shot. It might not be fair to Fitzpatrick, but he's had more opportunities to show what he can do as a starter and hasn't demonstrated that he can be more than a serviceable backup. The only problem that I'd see with Brohm is that he's a stand-in-the-pocket quarterback and the Bills can't maintain a pocket. If they want to go with two tight ends that switch between blocking and running short routes, while the receivers focus on mid to long routes, then maybe it would work.

I hung in there until 27-7.. I then bailed to a real game...

They are unwatchable.

+1. I'd also add that they are completely irrelevant. As an organization, they have stopped trying. What did they think was going to happen with that offensive line?

I still want them to win but I have no expectation of doing so and no desire to go out of my way to watch any more of their games. I'll consider paying for the Sunday ticket again once they demonstrate that they want to win -- which means more than just hiring retreads and drafting running backs in the 1st round.

What a joke.

Edwards is benched and Fitzpatrick will be starting next game per WGR and Bills.

I'd guess Edwards will still be the backup.

I'd rather Brohm got the start.

I'm definitely in the "why not give Brohm his shot" camp, but I can live with this one. I walked out of that bar yesterday telling myself that I won't watch another Edwards start and I got my wish.

I'm definitely in the "why not give Brohm his shot" camp, but I can live with this one. I walked out of that bar yesterday telling myself that I won't watch another Edwards start and I got my wish.

Edwards is still the #2 though so you'll still get to see him on the sidelines. :(

Archived