[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

Edwards looked more like his once promising self during pre-season, but as soon as he was back in a real game against a team with a real defense, he looked like his PTSD-self from last year. I have to wonder what his career would have looked like behind a real offensive line, but at this point he may be too messed up in the head.

Should be noted that the two defenses the Bills had some success against got lit up in week one.

Next two weeks against Green Bay and New England? The Spread for the two games combined should be about +60 pts. The Bills will be hard pressed to score enough to keep it under 60pts combined. They will have to resort to Jouron stall ball and just try to run the clock out to survive.

I respect your loyalty. For me, though, the game wasn't entertaining or enjoyable in the slightest. It was downright unpleasant. I couldn't wait for it to end. I just think at this point there are about a million better things to do on a Sunday afternoon.

All I can say is...thank god for my DVR. Instead of wasting half a day on this snoozefest, I can buzz through it in about 40 mins...no commercials, no halftime, and with that "30-sec skip" button I can even skip all the huddles. 'Tis a beautiful thing.

All I can say is...thank god for my DVR. Instead of wasting half a day on this snoozefest, I can buzz through it in about 40 mins...no commercials, no halftime, and with that "30-sec skip" button I can even skip all the huddles. 'Tis a beautiful thing.

Right on. I can't watch an NFL game live. There's just too much down time. I need the DVR acceleration.

Some people think kind of thing is exactly what's hurting our society. We don't have patience for anything anymore.

I have patience for plenty of things. However, inane beer commercials and Shannon Sharpe are not among them.

I use that time for beer drinking. I'm yelling too much during the actual play (usually yelling something Edwards did or should have done.)

I use that time for beer drinking. I'm yelling too much during the actual play (usually yelling something Edwards did or should have done.)

That game plan was no different than the Jauron era. If I had woke from an eight month slumber, I would swear that he was still coaching that team. If that is an offensive minded coach, I want out now. No creativity in play calling whatsoever. Is is too late to get Brohm back?

That game plan was no different than the Jauron era. If I had woke from an eight month slumber, I would swear that he was still coaching that team. If that is an offensive minded coach, I want out now. No creativity in play calling whatsoever. Is is too late to get Brohm back?

Brohm is still on the team - he is the 3rd stringer.

I may have mentioned this before, but when I was in England, late at night they would do exactly this. They'd compress the game down to roughly 30 minutes. I'm guessing they trimmed closer or just skipped the useless stuff (like extra points). Didn't get a chance to watch much, but it is a good concept.

I find myself putting on NFL Redzone if I'm home on a Sunday. I can keep track of the Bills' low-lights that I otherwise wouldn't get to see in Philly.

I may have mentioned this before, but when I was in England, late at night they would do exactly this. They'd compress the game down to roughly 30 minutes. I'm guessing they trimmed closer or just skipped the useless stuff (like extra points). Didn't get a chance to watch much, but it is a good concept.

I find myself putting on NFL Redzone if I'm home on a Sunday. I can keep track of the Bills' low-lights that I otherwise wouldn't get to see in Philly.

So if that station actually followed the name redzone literally, Buffalo never would have appeared even once, right?

No see the problem is that the offense couldn't handle the complicated plays. We're a team full of idiots. Gailey tried to do some hard stuff and they couldn't keep up so he reverted to simple high school level stuff. Even the announcers recognized that Gailey was using Offense for Dummies.

The problem is that we have no o-line to allow for creative play calling because Edwards is too dumb to use his own ability to make plays when the o-line doesn't give him years to pick a receiver.

No see the problem is that the offense couldn't handle the complicated plays. We're a team full of idiots. Gailey tried to do some hard stuff and they couldn't keep up so he reverted to simple high school level stuff. Even the announcers recognized that Gailey was using Offense for Dummies.

The problem is that we have no o-line to allow for creative play calling because Edwards is too dumb to use his own ability to make plays when the o-line doesn't give him years to pick a receiver.

The ultimate agreement from me...perfect!

Put a better QB in the huddle and see how much better the o-line gets. There were plenty (by NFL standards) of open receivers on Sunday that Edwards had time to hit and just refused to throw the ball. It's not that Edwards can't find them it's more that he has refused to throw the ball unless the guy is wide open. This is the NFL, on only a handful of plays are receivers running open. In the NFL if a receiver has a quarter step on a defender he is wide open.

Put a better QB in the huddle and see how much better the o-line gets. There were plenty (by NFL standards) of open receivers on Sunday that Edwards had time to hit and just refused to throw the ball. It's not that Edwards can't find them it's more that he has refuses to throw the ball unless the guy is wide open. This is the NFL, on only a handful of plays are receivers running open. In the NFL if a receiver has a quarter step on a defender he is wide open.

At what point does somebody (looking at you, coach) tell Edwards, "F*@ what you think you see, throw the damn ball down field and let your WR's make plays!!!".

I'd rather he throw incompletions and interceptions at this point. Throwing to our FB in the flats on 3rd and long is starting to tug at my soul... :angry: I hate guys that play scared. Your job is to throw the ball, so just do it and live with the consequences for christ's sake.

Archived