[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

Why don't they just do the wildcat the entire game?

What about the Statue of Liberty? The fumblerooski? The break-the-huddle-and-everybody-pretends-to-be-swatting-at-killer-bees-and-yells-at-the-defense-LOOK-OUT-FOR-THOSE-KILLER-BEES-and-then-you-snap-the-ball-real-quick-while-the-defense-panics?

Why don't they just do the wildcat the entire game?

That would be interesting if they had a mobile QB like Vick (not Vick, but like Vick) with their three running backs, who are all pretty good at receiving, too. The running back could take the snap and then pitch to "like Vick" for a pass or a run.

Edwards is benched and Fitzpatrick will be starting next game per WGR and Bills.

I'd guess Edwards will still be the backup.

I'd rather Brohm got the start.

Me too, but considering what Buddy Nix said about him on Sunday, i don't think we'll ever see Brohm start unless both the QBs get hurt in the same game.

That would be interesting if they had a mobile QB like Vick (not Vick, but like Vick) with their three running backs, who are all pretty good at receiving, too. The running back could take the snap and then pitch to "like Vick" for a pass or a run.

Hmmm...What if the Bills had Michael Vick?

I keep hearing that this is the first year of rebuilding with the Bills. I think that is completely wrong. This is the first season of demolition of the franchise. You can't rebuild without tearing down first. The #1 priority the remaining 14 games should be to dump what little assets they have and stock up on picks. Lynch, Jackson, Evans, Stroud if he has any value, Whitner, McGee and anyone else another team may be interested in. Strip it down to the ground. Keep the two guards, McKelvin, Bryd and Spiller and that is about it. Everyone needs to be gone over the next season or two.

I missed it - what did Buddy say?

Sal Maiorana, who covers the Bills for the Rochester D@C said Nix told him that Brohm hasn't improved much if any since the start of camp and that the coaching staff is very disappointed in him not leaping to the next level. He said something like, they got Brohm very raw but expected him to develop but it seems like he's the same guy they got.

Sal Maiorana, who covers the Bills for the Rochester D@C said Nix told him that Brohm hasn't improved much if any since the start of camp and that the coaching staff is very disappointed in him not leaping to the next level. He said something like, they got Brohm very raw but expected him to develop but it seems like he's the same guy they got.

Thanks - I heard a report at some point indicating that is how GB felt also. I guess he is what he is. Maybe though if the Bills started him in one of the preseason games to see him in live action with the #1s maybe he would have been able to change their minds a bit.

Thanks - I heard a report at some point indicating that is how GB felt also. I guess he is what he is. Maybe though if the Bills started him in one of the preseason games to see him in live action with the #1s maybe he would have been able to change their minds a bit.

It's not like he gets to sit back and watch a prime example of how the QB position should be played. Instead, all he sees is what not to do.

Well - the Bills might not have to be teh very worst to get the top QB. A lot of the currently bad teams have picked their QBs the last few years.

St. Louis: have their QB

Detroit: have their QB

Cleveland: not so sure what they'd do

San Francisco: I can't think they'll stick at the bottom, but I'm sure they'd be in the market for a QB

Carolina: obvious competition

So yeah, I think it might be a 2-3 team race for those top QBs.

edit: I completely forgot that Carolina drafted whats his face from Notre Dame. Scratch them off the list.

I'm flat out stunned... Sure didn't see this coming, at least not during mid-season. It was nice to see them throw down field yesterday.

I hope this is just the beginning. After hearing that Kelsey may get a contract extension, I think not. Kelsey is to DE/LB as Trent is to the QB position. Just plain awful.

Also,

Why is John McCargo still on the roster?

I hope this is just the beginning. After hearing that Kelsey may get a contract extension, I think not. Kelsey is to DE/LB as Trent is to the QB position. Just plain awful.

Also,

Why is John McCargo still on the roster?

Right - the guys that last year couldn't sack the QB are now the guys that can't cover the receivers.

Archived