[OT] The Bills

SabresneedaCup

The Bills have more to be excited over right now than the Sabres.

PTR

It doesn't get you much to get you excited then, eh? If the Bills have leaped you already due to two decent showings in pre-season, then, i'm sure Sabres will be back on your #1 list after their first weekend of training camp. I like this Sabres team. I think their more mobile on defense, i think they have more guys on defense that will scrap it up and block a shot to help the team, and the forwards are tougher this year. I really hope Cody McCormick can make this squad right off camp and Niedermayer won't take ###### from anybody. Our top 6 is still disappointing, another season we gotta put all our hopes in for Connolly and Stafford in having big seasons but even without having a true top 6, given the added toughness, they may not repeat as Northeast champions, but i think they still will be in the 5-7 range. Bills on the other hand, winning 5 games may be hard, however, if they do get to 5, not only will they have gotten worse from Jauron's era teams, but also, lose our on Jake Locker or Andrew Luck, and suck for many more years.

It doesn't get you much to get you excited then, eh? If the Bills have leaped you already due to two decent showings in pre-season, then, i'm sure Sabres will be back on your #1 list after their first weekend of training camp. I like this Sabres team. I think their more mobile on defense, i think they have more guys on defense that will scrap it up and block a shot to help the team, and the forwards are tougher this year. I really hope Cody McCormick can make this squad right off camp and Niedermayer won't take ###### from anybody. Our top 6 is still disappointing, another season we gotta put all our hopes in for Connolly and Stafford in having big seasons but even without having a true top 6, given the added toughness, they may not repeat as Northeast champions, but i think they still will be in the 5-7 range. Bills on the other hand, winning 5 games may be hard, however, if they do get to 5, not only will they have gotten worse from Jauron's era teams, but also, lose our on Jake Locker or Andrew Luck, and suck for many more years.

They gave him a one-way deal, so he's here all season unless he's traded.

The Bills have more to be excited over right now than the Sabres.

PTR

what do the bills have to be excited about other than CJ spiller and the DBs??--OK Ill give them theyoung offensive guards..--When you have no passrush,no run D,no linebackers,no QB,and questionable DEs I fail to see the comparison between that mess and albeit a flawed division winner/team like the sabres.

Bills=7-9....because of their immensely talented DBs and the fact that so many of the other teams are overrated.

what do the bills have to be excited about other than CJ spiller and the DBs??--OK Ill give them theyoung offensive guards..--When you have no passrush,no run D,no linebackers,no QB,and questionable DEs I fail to see the comparison between that mess and albeit a flawed division winner/team like the sabres.

Bills=7-9....because of their immensely talented DBs and the fact that so many of the other teams are overrated.

Promo likes to be overly dramatic just like half the posters on this board.

Ha ha ha ha!!! All the Bills have to be excited about is CJ Spiler and the DB's? Okay, now name me what two things Sabres fans have to be excited about this season? Ryan Miller and ....um....um.....ummmmmmm. Uhhhh, maybe the huge off-season free agent acquisition, What's-his-name???.....ummmmmmmmmmm.

PTR

Ha ha ha ha!!! All the Bills have to be excited about is CJ Spiler and the DB's? Okay, now name me what two things Sabres fans have to be excited about this season? Ryan Miller and ....um....um.....ummmmmmm. Uhhhh, maybe the huge off-season free agent acquisition, What's-his-name???.....ummmmmmmmmmm.

PTR

i'll go with that myers kid. he's pretty good.

This topic should be labeled OT. The Bums will always be bums. To compare them to ANY team who is capable of making the playoffs is folly.

They shame themselves in comparison to the Bandits, let alone the Sabres.

They are best ignored.

PTR

Beyond Miller and Myers you mean?

Vanek has 40 goal potential.

Connolly could be point/game player.

Ennis could be in the running for the Calder trophy.

Much added toughness.

Breakout season for Nate Gerbe?

Much added toughness.

a) Not without a #1 center.

b) :lol: That has to be the longest running joke in local sports.

c) Every rookie is in the running for the Calder Trpohy.

d) Breakout into what? Acne? He look's like he is 11 years old. Which is an exaggeration because most 11 years are bigger than Gerbe is.

Sabres go as Miller goes.

In reality both teams are equally as far from a Championship. If the Bills have a advantage it is that they have some new blood in the organization. With new blood comes hope. The Sabres are recycling the same old story over and over again.

This topic should be labeled OT. The Bums will always be bums. To compare them to ANY team who is capable of making the playoffs is folly.

They shame themselves in comparison to the Bandits, let alone the Sabres.

They are best ignored.

It wasn't so long ago that they were a major force in the league for an extended period of time. It could happen again. They need as an organization to stop doing everything they did for the past 5 years though. What a series of bad decisions that was. The new guys might deliver the goods though.

Much added toughness.

a) Not without a #1 center.

b) :lol: That has to be the longest running joke in local sports.

c) Every rookie is in the running for the Calder Trpohy.

d) Breakout into what? Acne? He look's like he is 11 years old. Which is an exaggeration because most 11 years are bigger than Gerbe is.

Sabres go as Miller goes.

In reality both teams are equally as far from a Championship. If the Bills have a advantage it is that they have some new blood in the organization. With new blood comes hope. The Sabres are recycling the same old story over and over again.

Vanek-Man -- good man.

DeLuca -- my responses:

a. Vanek scored 40 2 years ago without any centers available to him that aren't on the team now.

b. TC had 65 pts in 73 games last year. That's pretty GD close to a PPG. You can detest him if you like, but facts is facts.

c. OK, but even your dead heart is looking forward to seeing Ennis get a full-time shot on a scoring line this year.

d. very nice.

The Sabres do indeed rely on Miller to carry the mail, but they don't need him to have a Vezina year to win their division. Just a typical Miller year will be plenty. If he completely falls off the table or gets seriously injured, they're screwed, but he's not going to fall off the table.

The Bills are many miles further away. Both tackles still stink, the defense will be bottom 6 or 7, the special teams look very suspect and the talent cupboard is pretty bare after years of terrible drafting.

Well said. I'm less excited about the start of the NHL season than I was last year, and I said the same thing a year ago. And all last season we all knew we had a decent team that could win a few games, but Miller was the only hope for going far in the playoffs.

The Bills, on the other hand, have me more excited than in the past two offseasons. I know there's a good chance the same people whooping and hollering over Gailey this and Nix that, will be likely running them out of town by the end of the month, but at least something interesting and different had me excited for the season to start!

Also..... only 5 weeks from Friday until the Sabres open at Ottawa! :blink: Ohhhhhhhh baby.

Whatever. You and your 6 or 7 pals have a nice circle jerk until hockey season starts.

PTR

:unsure: Not sure if that's necessary :nana:

It wasn't so long ago that they were a major force in the league for an extended period of time. It could happen again. They need as an organization to stop doing everything they did for the past 5 years though. What a series of bad decisions that was. The new guys might deliver the goods though.

For the most part of the Bills history they have not really been a good team. Sure they had the mid 60's AFL Championship years and the early 90's Super Bowl period but that really has been it for them.

Holy crap, what happened here? I expect this on TSW, which is why I never post there. Promo does post regularly, though, and the nastiness must have gotten to him.

Chill out guys. Watching the bills will be painful enough. We don't need to piss in each other's cheerios in here.

Holy crap, what happened here? I expect this on TSW, which is why I never post there. Promo does post regularly, though, and the nastiness must have gotten to him.

Chill out guys. Watching the bills will be painful enough. We don't need to piss in each other's cheerios in here.

i prefer reeses puffs.

I've been as down on the Bills as anyone, but I will say the following:

1. There is a not insignificant possibility that Gailey and Nix will do a good job and turn this train wreck around. I felt there was zero possibility of that under Jauron and the vacant GM position.

2. I haven't seen a Bills running back make a running play as nice as Spiller's TD the other night in a long, long time. When was the last time the Bills had a running back with that kind of elusiveness? Not since Joe Cribbs, right? Thurman is probably my all-time favorite Buffalo Bill, but he didn't move like that. Antowain Smith? McGahee? Travis "broke daddy" Henry? Lynch? Uh-uh.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmnnn!!!

Archived