[OT] What is Darcy doing right now?

korab rules

If you wuh a twee what kind of twee would you be?

Fascinating look at a dynamic man.

(Insert Shawshank Redemption joke here.)

Seriously....reading crap like that and then having to accept the fact that this guy is in charge on trade deadline eve and for the forseeable future......

I'll give him credit for a Lexus. I had 10 year old Caravan all the way.

PS...the book he read is the one Pegula is pimping. How sweet.

Did anyone else listen to Darcy's presser today?

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/trade-deadline-2011/

While it was interesting for me to hear that Pegula had "gone to the mattresses" with his front office, it was more a source of amusement for me to imagine Darcy trying to do the trade deadline thing with Pegula hanging around, asking questions, starting to learn some basics of franchise management, drinking bad coffee, eating a sandwich, taking a nap, exploring the office space, etc.

• 3 months later...

"Working from home" today, crocheting a table runner to congratulate B. Shanahan on his new job, and snickering at that kooky Brian Burke who just traded a second round pick for the right to negotiate with Philadelphia's captain when he is stil under contract.

When he is done with the table runner, he is excited to read Pro Hockey Weekly's latest issue - it all about eligible defensemen in this year's draft!

"Working from home" today, crocheting a table runner to congratulate B. Shanahan on his new job, and snickering at that kooky Brian Burke who just traded a second round pick for the right to negotiate with Philadelphia's captain when he is stil under contract.

When he is done with the table runner, he is excited to read Pro Hockey Weekly's latest issue - it all about eligible defensemen in this year's draft!

You could at least get the team right if you are going to setup a straw man just to piss on him. :thumbdown: (even though it looks like the rumor is false)

• 7 months later...

Darcy is taping newspaper over the window in his door, as that Ted Black guy keeps walking past and looking in. He then makes another call to Feaster in Calgary, trying to get Feaster to talk the other GM's into making a trade with him. Damn! Voicemail again!

I'm getting the opposite vibe. He said they never lost an employee at East Resources? Did Terry have a problem firing people? All one big family. Family men don't throw the kids to the curb when they announce they're gay.

Terry channeled Larry Quinn and mentioned the injury to Miller two years ago costing the Sabres a playoff spot. Blamed the injury to Vanek for losing the series against the B's. Bragged about finishing ahead of the Pens in the regular season last year.

Come on, this is weak. If LQ had said it, he'd be roasted alive. And was roasted here regularly. Some of you have forgotten why you were so excited about Pegula coming in.

It's almost like the Perreault Moment was designed to take the fan base out at the knees. I loved it, but it's not going to color my opinion on the future.

Sounds like this scenario could play out. Sabres miss the playoffs this season, make it next, win a round, then miss the next season, as is the MO of Lindy and Darcy. So Darcy's contract is up, but Terry talks about injuries, the negative vibe in Buffalo he still hasn't been able to change, maybe a bad call in a big game, and hey we finished second in the conference that playoff year. And supports Darcy. Oh yeah, Lindy has another year left on his contract, so... nobody's going anywhere.

It really is a nightmare for a lot of fans. It's a form of torture, actually. Drip, drip, drip. Lindy and Darcy, Year 26.

dude's gone, but not forgotten. did he have a crystal ball?

EDIT: and holy smokes on the bolded part ... just, wow. i had forgotten that.

I liked PA, but when you throw out 11,000 posts you're gonna hit it right at least once. a la Eck

that is such horsesh!t. complete and total horsesh!t.

i disagreed with PA almost as often as i agreed with him, but i respected the sh!t out the process whereby he came to his thoughts. the guy was considered and sharp.

Bull. He was right way more often than that.

i'll go with more often than not, for sure.

in an industry speech i heard a while back the speaker dropped this line at the opening of his presentation:

“Pessimists are usually right and optimists are usually wrong but all the great changes have been accomplished by optimists.” based on my googling of it, it's attributed to thomas friedman (can't say i've read his stuff).

anyway, PA was/is a true cynic, intellectually speaking. cynicism is part of being a pessimist. i'm not sure PA was a true pessimist.

anyhoo, he elevated the quality of discourse on this board. and he's missed.

Why'd he leave anyway? I always liked him.

scott (SDS) recently addressed this in another thread (can't remember which one) -- he and PA butted heads, scott later reached out to him to invite him back, and he's had nothing but radio silence since. someone suggested that maybe scott didn't have a live e-mail address for him. i'm not sure about that, obviously.

that is such horsesh!t. complete and total horsesh!t.

i disagreed with PA almost as often as i agreed with him, but i respected the sh!t out the process whereby he came to his thoughts. the guy was considered and sharp.

i'll go with more often than not, for sure.

in an industry speech i heard a while back the speaker dropped this line at the opening of his presentation:

“Pessimists are usually right and optimists are usually wrong but all the great changes have been accomplished by optimists.” based on my googling of it, it's attributed to thomas friedman (can't say i've read his stuff).

anyway, PA was/is a true cynic, intellectually speaking. cynicism is part of being a pessimist. i'm not sure PA was a true pessimist.

anyhoo, he elevated the quality of discourse on this board. and he's missed.

scott (SDS) recently addressed this in another thread (can't remember which one) -- he and PA butted heads, scott later reached out to him to invite him back, and he's had nothing but radio silence since. someone suggested that maybe scott didn't have a live e-mail address for him. i'm not sure about that, obviously.

Even if Scott doesn't, I do. We've kept in contact outside of here both through email and twitter. He helped me greatly while sleuthing the game worn 70s team sweater a friend of mine has.

He's a good guy. Too smart for his own good sometimes, but a good guy. And he could most certainly come back if he desired to do so.

Archived