[OT] What is Darcy doing right now?

korab rules

...just because the chicago fans like him so much doesnt qualify him to be a good player.

Fair enough, and I wouldn't throw it out there by itself, but the key is that, at least IMO, his performance warrants the adulation he's currently getting from their fans. He's not the flashiest player out there, but he's a 60+ point player who has a cumulative +/- of +53 the last three seasons. And I spoke about the intangibles he brings. He really impressed me in the playoffs this year, so he'd be my first choice in terms of trade targets.

Darcy is on vacation when he should be on the phone to Boston trying to pry Savard from them. While he's at it, see if he can't ship Stafford in a package with picks/prospects off to Chicago for Sharp.

This is what he ought to be doing. Instead, he's enjoying some crocket time. :wallbash:

Why Savard? D. Roy and M. Savard are pretty much the sililar player to me, Savard is better vision and Roy is a better skater and shot.

Fair enough, and I wouldn't throw it out there by itself, but the key is that, at least IMO, his performance warrants the adulation he's currently getting from their fans. He's not the flashiest player out there, but he's a 60+ point player who has a cumulative +/- of +53 the last three seasons. And I spoke about the intangibles he brings. He really impressed me in the playoffs this year, so he'd be my first choice in terms of trade targets.

he sounds alot like derek roy.

alright i believe you. but just because the chicago fans like him so much doesnt qualify him to be a good player. they could all be delirious for all we know. not saying your wrong though.

That's true. Just look at how Sabres fans value Tim Connolly.

Sorry, I just couldn't not walk through that wide open door.

haha nice one. we should just agree to disagree. cause we all know there are better players then connolly and worse players. we should just leave it at that.

That comment was purely for it's entertainment value, not for the larger Timmy debate. I know that Timmy has value. I just don't think it's on this team and not with Ruff as the Head coach. The more moves I see made this offseason, the more agree with TW. This team is probably 1 or 2 moves away from truly contending for the SC, but they aren't going to happen.

This is directly related to the thread title. I don't see Darcy doing anything. He's done this Summer. Of those two moves, one would have to be a star on offense and that guy isn't out there. The other would be the coach and that isn't going to happen either. He's done. This is the team that is going to start the season.

That comment was purely for it's entertainment value, not for the larger Timmy debate. I know that Timmy has value. I just don't think it's on this team and not with Ruff as the Head coach. The more moves I see made this offseason, the more agree with TW. This team is probably 1 or 2 moves away from truly contending for the SC, but they aren't going to happen.

This is directly related to the thread title. I don't see Darcy doing anything. He's done this Summer. Of those two moves, one would have to be a star on offense and that guy isn't out there. The other would be the coach and that isn't going to happen either. He's done. This is the team that is going to start the season.

i agree with you. its very disapointing that it looks like regier isnt goin to make another move and ruff is still the coach. i dislike ruff the most. but could you imagine if we brought in a good to better center and another winger? suddenly connolly is our number 3 center. that would be awesome. if that doesnt happen move him to wing, give him less responsibility cause we know the center is most important position besides goalie. maybe he would be better suited as a winger.

Why Savard? D. Roy and M. Savard are pretty much the sililar player to me, Savard is better vision and Roy is a better skater and shot.

Its not so much a matter of personal preference as it is potential availability at a reasonable price.

If you have another center on the radar thats atleast as good as Savard, I'm game.

Sharp is another center that may, or may not be available, depending on what you read and who you view as a reliable source. Personally, I view LeBrun as a reliable source and when he states that Campbell or Sharp may be available via his sources, I take it at face value. There are board members who do not think he will be available, and fair enough, it didn't state he was for sure, but I'll go with LeBrun and hope he is.

Outside of these 2 centers, if you want to throw a player in the mix, by all means, please do.

Its not so much a matter of personal preference as it is potential availability at a reasonable price.

If you have another center on the radar thats atleast as good as Savard, I'm game.

Sharp is another center that may, or may not be available, depending on what you read and who you view as a reliable source. Personally, I view LeBrun as a reliable source and when he states that Campbell or Sharp may be available via his sources, I take it at face value. There are board members who do not think he will be available, and fair enough, it didn't state he was for sure, but I'll go with LeBrun and hope he is.

Outside of these 2 centers, if you want to throw a player in the mix, by all means, please do.

I'm not against getting Savard at all. It is just that so many people here seems to hate D. Roy and Connolly. He is more like Roy and Connolly than unlike them. I just wanted to know your thinking.

Is this fact or has it been repeated so many times in this forum that it has become a reality?

People should just lay off of Regier. What do people expect a GM of a division winner and 100 point team to do in a off-season? Sign the most prolific goal scorer availabel and the best defenseman available in free agency? :blink:

I'm not against getting Savard at all. It is just that so many people here seems to hate D. Roy and Connolly. He is more like Roy and Connolly than unlike them. I just wanted to know your thinking.

Well, I am not a hater of either player to be honest. But I have to go by the success rate with these 2 as our top centers. Roy with Vanek IMO is a good fit, outside of this season, the 2 before that they seemed to click. An off season perhaps? Vaneks injury is what I am guessing was the problem there. A RWer worth a dang would be nice for them and I am keeping an open mind on that.

As for Connolly, I have stated before, he is not a bad player by any means. But, you cannot go by his individual stats alone. He has no chemistry with his linemates (Pommers and Hecht, and maybe Ennis this season). Pommers has actually suffered statistically playing with Connolly and I am not advocating it is entirely Connolly's doing either. Pommers needs to hit the net when he shoots more than he does and so on. But the larger point to make here is that there are potentially better options available, why not attempt to make a move that may provide stability in offensive production for that line?

I mean, in all reality, as I continue to state, the evidence is there for all to see. Is Savard or Sharp the specific answer to that conondrum? I don't know, but staying with the status quo is not an option if this team wants to be a contender, that much I do know. If you've proven that the current chemistry isn't working, why would you continue to make the same mistake and expect different results.

Connolly in a package deal can land a better center than himself. If you want to know my personal preference on the center I would like to see, I'll tell you.............Brad Richards.

But, since its been put out there by reputable sources that Sharp and Savard may be available, I wouldn't mind seeing Buffalo move Connolly out and bring one of them in. New blood is needed at center, along with depth IMO. But I would really like to see a RWer with Vanek and Roy and a new Center with Pommers and (most likely) Ennis is all.

Well, I am not a hater of either player to be honest. But I have to go by the success rate with these 2 as our top centers. Roy with Vanek IMO is a good fit, outside of this season, the 2 before that they seemed to click. An off season perhaps? Vaneks injury is what I am guessing was the problem there. A RWer worth a dang would be nice for them and I am keeping an open mind on that.

As for Connolly, I have stated before, he is not a bad player by any means. But, you cannot go by his individual stats alone. He has no chemistry with his linemates (Pommers and Hecht, and maybe Ennis this season). Pommers has actually suffered statistically playing with Connolly and I am not advocating it is entirely Connolly's doing either. Pommers needs to hit the net when he shoots more than he does and so on. But the larger point to make here is that there are potentially better options available, why not attempt to make a move that may provide stability in offensive production for that line?

I mean, in all reality, as I continue to state, the evidence is there for all to see. Is Savard or Sharp the specific answer to that conondrum? I don't know, but staying with the status quo is not an option if this team wants to be a contender, that much I do know. If you've proven that the current chemistry isn't working, why would you continue to make the same mistake and expect different results.

Connolly in a package deal can land a better center than himself. If you want to know my personal preference on the center I would like to see, I'll tell you.............Brad Richards.

But, since its been put out there by reputable sources that Sharp and Savard may be available, I wouldn't mind seeing Buffalo move Connolly out and bring one of them in. New blood is needed at center, along with depth IMO. But I would really like to see a RWer with Vanek and Roy and a new Center with Pommers and (most likely) Ennis is all.

Why not both? Seriously, all they need is a GM with some foresight.

I LOVE the Brad Richards part, as I had stated weeks ago, he's the ONLY guy I think this team needs right now. And I'd get rid of both Roy AND Timmy for him.

Why not both? Seriously, all they need is a GM with some foresight.

That wouldn't bother me at all DeLuca. I would imagine, with that lengthy contract of Savards, we would see him as the line 3 center at some point in time as he ages. That being the case, combined with Sharps age, we could very well roll 3 scoring lines successfully. But I keep forgetting who our GM is. :wallbash:

That and the fact you have to leave some money for wingers and of course, the eventual resigning of Myers.

I LOVE the Brad Richards part, as I had stated weeks ago, he's the ONLY guy I think this team needs right now. And I'd get rid of both Roy AND Timmy for him.

Yeah, but is he available? Not saying he isn't, but I haven't even heard his name mentioned in terms of him being a potential target.

Yeah, but is he available? Not saying he isn't, but I haven't even heard his name mentioned in terms of him being a potential target.

According to Dallas Dave (the guy that follows the Stars), Brad Richards will not be available, even at the deadline this upcoming season. The Stars indicated this as well at their post season presser, stating he would finish out his contract with Dallas. (He is an UFA after this season).

And all indications are that Dallas has every intention of resigning him. :angry:

That wouldn't bother me at all DeLuca. I would imagine, with that lengthy contract of Savards, we would see him as the line 3 center at some point in time as he ages. That being the case, combined with Sharps age, we could very well roll 3 scoring lines successfully. But I keep forgetting who our GM is. :wallbash:

That and the fact you have to leave some money for wingers and of course, the eventual resigning of Myers.

Regier can save this off-season and the season for that matter by acquiring Savard and Sharp then signing Frolov. They certainly have the cap money and roster spots available to fit in 3 top six type talents. That is if they move out the right players.

According to Dallas Dave (the guy that follows the Stars), Brad Richards will not be available, even at the deadline this upcoming season. The Stars indicated this as well at their post season presser, stating he would finish out his contract with Dallas. (He is an UFA after this season).

And all indications are that Dallas has every intention of resigning him. :angry:

Maybe Eric Staal is available?

Stan Bowman stated to the Chicago Tribune yesterday that Patrick Sharp "WILL NOT" be traded.

I don't see how Chicago works this Cap nightmare they are in. I highly doubt any team takes that monster contract of Soupy's, so what is Bowman to do? He's already stated he does not have the answer. I believe he will be forced to trade Sharp or one of his other star players before the season begins.

Anyways, here is the article:

Sounds like Sharp is staying from the Tribune:

By Chris Kuc

Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman said Monday that there's still work to be done to solve the team's salary-cap troubles and admitted "as of right now we don't have a solution."

Whatever Bowman comes up with as he continues negotiations with goaltender Antti Niemi, it won't include trading veteran forward Patrick Sharp.

"I told (Sharp) he can relax, he's not going anywhere," Bowman said before the premiere of "Chicago Blackhawks 2010 Stanley Cup Championship" DVD at Navy Pier. "He's a big part of this. He means a lot to us on the ice and off the ice."

Bowman has been forced to trade Dustin Byfuglien, Andrew Ladd, Ben Eager, Colin Fraser, Brent Sopel and Kris Versteeg to trim payroll this offseason but has been adamant that he would keep the core of the team intact, and that includes Sharp, who had 25 goals and 41 assists last season, and is one of the Hawks' top two-way players.

Bowman said he spoke with Niemi's agent, Bill Zito, on Monday and it's still possible a deal will be made before the goalie's arbitration hearing July 29. The team could sign Niemi before the hearing or let an arbitrator set the price for the goalie who helped lead the Hawks to their first Stanley Cup championship in 49 years and is in line for a substantial raise from his $826,875 salary of last season.

The team could also walk away from the decision and let Niemi go as an unrestricted free agent. With the Hawks already up against the cap and needing to sign more players, if Niemi is brought back it's likely another player would have to be traded.

"We'll have to find a way to make it work," Bowman said. "It's a challenge. We'll figure it out.

"I'll tell you one thing, we'll be ready come October and we'll have a good team."

Even while celebrating their NHL championship, Hawks players have watched as teammates have been sent packing.

"It's always tough to see guys get traded to other teams," Sharp said. "It's tough during the season (and) it's tough after. We can always look back and know we won a championship together. I'm happy to be a Blackhawk and proud to be one and plan on playing here next season."

Another veteran who has had his name bantered about in trade rumors is defenseman Brian Campbell, who has an annual salary-cap hit of $7.1 million and a limited movement clause in which he can list eight teams he'd be willing to play for.

"There had to be changes," Campbell said. "It's part of hockey and the business side of it."

Bowman said an announcement of the signings of forwards Jack Skille and Bryan Bickell and defenseman Jordan Hendry was "coming soon. Those guys are all going to be part of it. In some ways it's time for them to get their chance."

Et Tu Brute, Et Tu? :beer:

I couldn't find him on the Eklund rumor generator, that means he's a possibility, right? :nana:

:lol:

As a player in the NHL, Eric Staal is great, but I have a personal grudge against him dating back to the '06 days -- one of my best friends at the time was a Canes fan, or more specifically, an Eric Staal fan. All I heard about was Staal this, Staal that. It sucked enough losing to them in the conference finals, and needless to say was even worse when you have a buddy constantly bringing it up. To top it all off, we had a little wager on the series and I had to wear his Staal jersey to school the next day. :bag: :cry:

Another quiet day for hockey here in Sabres land.

Darcy was spotted about an hour ago playing shuffle board on the upper deck of the cruise ship.

Its reported he was drinking Long Island Ice Tea. His phone was spotted back here in Buffalo, it was sunning itself at WoodLawn Beach. <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Archived