[OT] What is Darcy doing right now?

korab rules

Not sure how much time Terry is going to give the current status quo, but a top to bottom house cleaning of management and coaching could be in order. Regier has been there for 15 or 16 futile seasons - does anyone still think he has the keys to post season success tucked away in his desk drawer somewhere? And we see the pattern repeat itself year after year - the team does *just* enough to protect jobs before the end of the season, without really succeeding at anything.

Not sure how much time Terry is going to give the current status quo, but a top to bottom house cleaning of management and coaching could be in order. Regier has been there for 15 or 16 futile seasons - does anyone still think he has the keys to post season success tucked away in his desk drawer somewhere? And we see the pattern repeat itself year after year - the team does *just* enough to protect jobs before the end of the season, without really succeeding at anything.

Yeah, someone does believe that actually - Terry Pegula...

Darcy is currently thinking:

a

A) Stafford is so good! I can't trade him.

B) We are such a good team... a cup contender even... I better shove my thumb up my @ss and spin in circles until after the deadline because there really aren't any moves for us.

B) We are such a good team... a cup contender even... I better shove my thumb up my @ss and spin in circles until after the deadline because there really aren't any moves for us.

Meanwhile, other teams are making moves. Sigh There are sequoia trees that are more impatient and impulsive than Regier.

Meanwhile, other teams are making moves. Sigh There are sequoia trees that are more impatient and impulsive than Regier.

Thats what kills me. Other teams no matter how good they already are make moves to improve their roster. Darcy is quite happy to sit on a mediocre roster and give them time to gel.

This little weasel.............

Anyone listen to Schopp & Bulldog with him? They at least laughed at him, and Schopp gave him a sarcastic "ooooook" or two......but holy crap.....

Darcy playing around with .500 again....."We are 2 games over .500 in the last 10...5-3-2. We have a .600 points percentage"

Scumbag.....you got 12 of 24 points awarded in those games. Even when the hosts call you on your shennanigans, you try and construct an excuse for you mediocrity...and I am being nice refering to you as mediocre.

I already had a thread deleted for stating what I want to happen, and I understand why.....but for anyone that defends this little weasel.........please.......don't make me cry.

I listened to the interview today. The above rant is a pretty exaggerated bit of spin in advancement of your anti-DR agenda, IMHO.

The whole .500 thing is not how you portray it. It's not an attempt by DR to make the team's record sound better than it is. It's simply the way he's looking at where they stand in the playoff picture -- i.e. W-L-OTL adjusted for games in hand -- kinda like how the "games behind" stat works in baseball.

Someone posted in another thread a much fairer and more sober analysis of the interview. I won't replicate it here, but suffice it to say that DR gave the impression that he's prepared to unload players who might be useful during the remainder of this season but if traded would be beneficial for the team long term.

I also came away with the impression that Gaustad will be traded.

I listened to the interview today. The above rant is a pretty exaggerated bit of spin in advancement of your anti-DR agenda, IMHO.

The whole .500 thing is not how you portray it. It's not an attempt by DR to make the team's record sound better than it is. It's simply the way he's looking at where they stand in the playoff picture -- i.e. W-L-OTL adjusted for games in hand -- kinda like how the "games behind" stat works in baseball.

Someone posted in another thread a much fairer and more sober analysis of the interview. I won't replicate it here, but suffice it to say that DR gave the impression that he's prepared to unload players who might be useful during the remainder of this season but if traded would be beneficial for the team long term.

I also came away with the impression that Gaustad will be traded.

And his whole..."Well Detroit has kept their core together......HAVEN'T THEY???"

And Schopp had to point out they've won multiple Cups and won 17-5 playoff series since the last time the Sabres sniffed the Cup.

What's my agenda?

I've given the Sabres an estimated $20,000+ since Darcy came on board and haven't collected a cent from them.

Darcy has taken $20,000,000 from the fans in that timespan.

F Darcy, and the Prius he rode in on!

Thank you.

And his whole..."Well Detroit has kept their core together......HAVEN'T THEY???"

And Schopp had to point out they've won multiple Cups and won 17-5 playoff series since the last time the Sabres sniffed the Cup.

What's my agenda?

I've given the Sabres an estimated $20,000+ since Darcy came on board and haven't collected a cent from them.

Darcy has taken $20,000,000 from the fans in that timespan.

F Darcy, and the Prius he rode in on!

Thank you.

HIs point about Detroit -- which he stated -- was that people's complaints are with the results, not with keeping the same group together -- otherwise people would be complaining about keeping Detroit's core together, which obviously isn't happening.

Your agenda is smearing him with accusations of dishonest and dishonorable behavior. I disagree with this and moreover I object to it. I think questioning his competence is much more supportable, and I'm ready to fire him too, but I don't see any trace of the dishonest, weaselly conniver you continually portray.

HIs point about Detroit -- which he stated -- was that people's complaints are with the results, not with keeping the same group together -- otherwise people would be complaining about keeping Detroit's core together, which obviously isn't happening.

Your agenda is smearing him with accusations of dishonest and dishonorable behavior. I disagree with this and moreover I object to it. I think questioning his competence is much more supportable, and I'm ready to fire him too, but I don't see any trace of the dishonest, weaselly conniver you continually portray.

THE RESULTS????!!!!!

HOLY SH!T BATMAN!!!!

If Darcy got us 2 Stanley Cups out of 3 trips and Lindy got us 17 Playoff series wins in the past 11 seasons.....I would give them both a ?J of their choice.

Listen to Chan Gailey give an interview or press conference.

Listen to Darcy Regier give an interview or press conference.

One is a man.

OK, so what you're saying is, you heard him say that bolded part and spit your sodee pop out your nose, too, then? Schopp needed to just take his earphones off, get up, walk over to Darcy, and pants the &%$#er for saying that. WHOOOP!!

THE RESULTS????!!!!!

HOLY SH!T BATMAN!!!!

If Darcy got us 2 Stanley Cups out of 3 trips and Lindy got us 17 Playoff series wins in the past 11 seasons.....I would give them both a ?J of their choice.

Listen to Chan Gailey give an interview or press conference.

Listen to Darcy Regier give an interview or press conference.

One is a man.

Regier's comments about Detroit has to go on the list of all-time embarrassing quotes by a Buffalo sports personality. It's right up there with Wade's "punt catcher" line.

Darcy should be realistically looking at the Sabres schedule and determining how they're going to get to 90 points with the remaining schedule. And 90 pts might not be enough ...

7 more losses in regulation cooks the Sabres for this year. I can see the following games as losses - @ANA, @SJ, @VAN, @BOS(2), @PHI and only one of these ... @WIN, @NYR, @WAS, PIT, @OTT would be needed to reach 7 losses.

The writing is on the wall - sell Darcy while you still have your job.

I'm all for patience, but when something is not working well and the future doesn't look much brighter something needs to be done sooner than later. In this particular case, the GM of a pro sports team needs to be able to see the future and adapt. It's beyond me how the GM looks at the present team and thinks he has a winner.

A few years is more than enough time to wait for the patience thing, and waiting until the last friggin day to make one measly insignificant lockerroom change just isn't going to cut it. Darcy needs to be proactive instead of reactive to the marketplace. He is just too passive when aggressive is the answer. Time for a new GM.

Darcy is currently thinking:

a

A) Stafford is so good! I can't trade him.

I really hope not and I really suspect so.

I would like to go on record as saying threads like this represent the worst in discussions on the internet. Select a person you don't like, assign fake scenarios to said person, and then proceed to tear into them for such fake actions.

I would like to go on record as saying threads like this represent the worst in discussions on the internet. Select a person you don't like, assign fake scenarios to said person, and then proceed to tear into them for such fake actions.

Yeah, but it drives traffic, Scott! Where would your board be without "Lindy hates toughness?!"

Most if not all of these traits attributed to Darcy have a ring of truth to them. Not all but many.IMO. -The trade rumour thread IMO is a bigger waste of time. :wallbash:

isn't that what a sports message board is for? nobody really knows the intricacies of any team so what are we supposed to comment on?

i guess, why have these boards if no one really knows the truth? what is the point. god forbid people speculate and comment on just what they see without knowing everything. geez!

Archived