[OT] What is Darcy doing right now?

korab rules

Just talking about it as usual,

Four game stretch will determine the plan

"You'd leave it open to being both"

Really doesn't that just prove everything we have been saying about him all along. He has been watching this team all year, saw what happened in the playoff's last year and still needs 4 more home games to figure out what this team needs?

Alex, I'll take Mr Obvious for a $100 please. My answer, Whats' a new GM ?

Really doesn't that just prove everything we have been saying about him all along. He has been watching this team all year, saw what happened in the playoff's last year and still needs 4 more home games to figure out what this team needs?

:thumbsup:

Actually the quote was

http://wgr550.com/Sa...eadline/9234877

Cue Gilda Radner. "Oh my, that's different. Well then, never mind."

It's not the exact quote. I didn't have it exact either. It can be taken either way ("I don't know, you know, [that] we'll all get to experience... vs. "I don't know. You know, we'll all get to...")

Without Regier saying the word "that," I'll stick to my initial interpretation.

It's not the exact quote. I didn't have it exact either. It can be taken either way ("I don't know, you know, [that] we'll all get to experience... vs. "I don't know. You know, we'll all get to...")

Without Regier saying the word "that," I'll stick to my initial interpretation.

I definitely think you got the paranoid messenger part right, 'cuz I heard it the way cpabob did.

I'm glad you posted this. I was thinking the same thing... why wait to see what happens over the next 4 instead of making a deal now, which could then positively effect the outcome of the same 4 game stretch? How many teams have already made a deal while we wait around as usual?

Want another sign it's coming next week? Check out today's press box roster. There are 23 scouts listed from 20 teams. Now, many of them are Toronto-based and come here all the time. But it is pretty unusual to see two here from Anaheim and one from Vancouver. The teams represented look like this: Montreal (2 scouts), Edmonton (2), Anaheim (2), Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, San Jose, Chicago, Florida, Pittsburgh, NY Rangers, Colorado, Ottawa, St. Louis, Dallas, Carolina, Nashville, Colorado, Boston, Philadelphia. Whew.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/02/live-from-the-arena-sabres-vs-caps.html

Want another sign it's coming next week? Check out today's press box roster. There are 23 scouts listed from 20 teams. Now, many of them are Toronto-based and come here all the time. But it is pretty unusual to see two here from Anaheim and one from Vancouver. The teams represented look like this: Montreal (2 scouts), Edmonton (2), Anaheim (2), Atlanta, Tampa Bay, Vancouver, San Jose, Chicago, Florida, Pittsburgh, NY Rangers, Colorado, Ottawa, St. Louis, Dallas, Carolina, Nashville, Colorado, Boston, Philadelphia. Whew.

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/sabres/2011/02/live-from-the-arena-sabres-vs-caps.html

That's good to hear. And, I think I figured out the answer to my post above (sometimes I'm a little slow)... clearly moves were not going to be made until the new owner was in place. That's standard operating procedure for any business, hockey franchise or otherwise. So, now that Terry-wan Kenobi is in place, hopefully now we can see something happen soon.

That's good to hear. And, I think I figured out the answer to my post above (sometimes I'm a little slow)... clearly moves were not going to be made until the new owner was in place. That's standard operating procedure for any business, hockey franchise or otherwise. So, now that Terry-wan Kenobi is in place, hopefully now we can see something happen soon.

Spoke with a very good friend of mine who works down at HSBC, he says we can expect a full blown rebuild here in Buffalo.

He's worked for the organization for over 20 years, I have no reason to doubt what he says, but, I'll reserve any judgements I may have until I actually see what the new owner has in store.

Could very well be interesting times for NHL hockey in Buffalo.

Spoke with a very good friend of mine who works down at HSBC, he says we can expect a full blown rebuild here in Buffalo.

He's worked for the organization for over 20 years, I have no reason to doubt what he says, but, I'll reserve any judgements I may have until I actually see what the new owner has in store.

Could very well be interesting times for NHL hockey in Buffalo.

Then hopefully that means alot of player moves this week. Free up as much space and collect as many draft picks as we can. Make room and aquire assets to be used in the offseason for new bodies.

Then hopefully that means alot of player moves this week. Free up as much space and collect as many draft picks as we can. Make room and aquire assets to be used in the offseason for new bodies.

I'm down with that strategy as long as Darcy is part of the purge. Looking at the roster, I think the only guys that I'd want to keep are Vanek, Roy, the two Tylers, Weber, probably Stafford, probably Kaleta (low salary), probably McCormick (low salary)... anyone else can be moved as far as I'm concerned. Get a #1 center (if possible) and some guys with size who play with heart and passion. I'm tired of the finesse players and the 150 lb. forwards and the offensive defensemen who can't play in their own end.

Apparently there were 23 scouts from 20 teams at the rink against Washington Sunday. Mmmm, I wonder how many scouts the Sabres have throughout North America scouring the league in an attempt to improve the team? OH YA. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY! Well thats not entirely true. We do have a few. I think Darcys at home with the vcr ( yes thats right,vcr. Our scouting budget would only allow technology of the garage sale variety ) :wallbash:

That was my first thought as I read the blog. :)

I am curious as to whether or not Regier thinks the market has set itself yet ;)

The market? Darcy's more worried about whether the lime jello he put in the fridge this morning will be set by 4 when he gets home. (He's also regretting putting the carrot strips in; kinda wild; will his wife think he's having an affair?)

Apparently there were 23 scouts from 20 teams at the rink against Washington Sunday. Mmmm, I wonder how many scouts the Sabres have throughout North America scouring the league in an attempt to improve the team? OH YA. THEY DON'T HAVE ANY! Well thats not entirely true. We do have a few. I think Darcys at home with the vcr ( yes thats right,vcr. Our scouting budget would only allow technology of the garage sale variety ) :wallbash:

Rumor has it that Darcy is highly impressed with both Jan Bulis and Steve Konowalchuk from his 1998 Capitals Season Review tape, and is trying to make sure both players would be here beyond this year before he pulls the trigger.

The market? Darcy's more worried about whether the lime jello he put in the fridge this morning will be set by 4 when he gets home. (He's also regretting putting the carrot strips in; kinda wild; will his wife think he's having an affair?)

So you think he went with the Green Jello or is he more of a clear Cocount Jello kind of guy?

I can't see him going with the Red Jello, and I'm not even sure if Blue Jello exists, but the carrot sticks would raise some eyebrows not only at home, but at the Arena as well. :thumbsup:

So you think he went with the Green Jello or is he more of a clear Cocount Jello kind of guy?

I can't see him going with the Red Jello, and I'm not even sure if Blue Jello exists, but the carrot sticks would raise some eyebrows not only at home, but at the Arena as well. :thumbsup:

Do they make coconut jello? That could be good - especially if you add rum to it.

Do they make coconut jello? That could be good - especially if you add rum to it.

http://www.cooks.com/rec/search/0,1-0,coconut_jello,FF.html

http://www.khanakhazana.com/recipes/view.aspx?id=4014

My mistake, there is a sweet taste to it, not Regier's style.

I'm guessing something more along these lines:

http://www.jellorecipes.net/Jello-Recipes/jello-pie-recipes/no-bake-strawberry-pie-jello-recipe.php

No baking invloved, kind of what I'd imagine Regier would like, the less work the better :blink:

:clapping:

Archived