[OT] What is Darcy doing right now?

korab rules

Those deadline deals pushed us to the Stanley Cup. Remember, Regier was a great GM, possibly top 3 in the league during the pre-scandal Rigas years. He sucked during bankruptcy and after Golisano reeled in the checkbook. Maybe it was Regier who sucked badly, but I'll give anyone a second chance with a blank check who could parlay Mike Wilson into Stu Barnes.

Even though its been something like 13 years, please keep score.

Regier turned this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdBNXCzVOVA

Into this:

I know there's lots of years of futility, but Regier once was a master at making a deal and ripping off other teams. Maybe he can be part of the solution rather than one of the problems.

Corp,

He has made some great deals in the past but not Wilson for Barnes.

He turned Bam Bam into Barnes.

He turned Mike (albatros) Wilson into Warrener and a 5th that turned into a silver medalist last year.

Almost like turning water into wine. ;)

Regards. :beer:

I agree. I feel sorry for the fans who expected him to come in and immediately clean house... fire Regier and Ruff, trade Connolly and Pominville, bring in a first line center, all on the on the first day? Not going to happen, but you'd swear that's what was expected by some fans.

To follow up on that though, I don't think it would make much of a difference who our GM is, because I just personally don't expect any significant roster changes by Tuesday.

Agreed thesprotsbuff.

I wasn't expecting too much this deadline.

If a a deal to stabilize the Center depth situation is made and it happens to bring in a key component, great. If it doesn't get done immediately, there is time to get something accomplished in the off season or beyond even.

What I expected is a couple of trades for picks, or maybe even a prospect, but not much more.

About the biggest thing I see happening this deadline is Connolly moving for a 2nd rounder, if it's more great, it it's less, then that was the value they could get for him and that's that.

About the only concern I have is Regier, can he shake off the conservative mentality now and get more aggressive?

Only time will tell, as fans, let's enjoy the ride for awhile.

I do not believe Terry will be shy about making hard decisions.

I'm getting the opposite vibe. He said they never lost an employee at East Resources? Did Terry have a problem firing people? All one big family. Family men don't throw the kids to the curb when they announce they're gay.

Terry channeled Larry Quinn and mentioned the injury to Miller two years ago costing the Sabres a playoff spot. Blamed the injury to Vanek for losing the series against the B's. Bragged about finishing ahead of the Pens in the regular season last year.

Come on, this is weak. If LQ had said it, he'd be roasted alive. And was roasted here regularly. Some of you have forgotten why you were so excited about Pegula coming in.

It's almost like the Perreault Moment was designed to take the fan base out at the knees. I loved it, but it's not going to color my opinion on the future.

Sounds like this scenario could play out. Sabres miss the playoffs this season, make it next, win a round, then miss the next season, as is the MO of Lindy and Darcy. So Darcy's contract is up, but Terry talks about injuries, the negative vibe in Buffalo he still hasn't been able to change, maybe a bad call in a big game, and hey we finished second in the conference that playoff year. And supports Darcy. Oh yeah, Lindy has another year left on his contract, so... nobody's going anywhere.

It really is a nightmare for a lot of fans. It's a form of torture, actually. Drip, drip, drip. Lindy and Darcy, Year 26.

I'm getting the opposite vibe. He said they never lost an employee at East Resources? Did Terry have a problem firing people? All one big family. Family men don't throw the kids to the curb when they announce they're gay.

Terry channeled Larry Quinn and mentioned the injury to Miller two years ago costing the Sabres a playoff spot. Blamed the injury to Vanek for losing the series against the B's. Bragged about finishing ahead of the Pens in the regular season last year.

Come on, this is weak. If LQ had said it, he'd be roasted alive. And was roasted here regularly. Some of you have forgotten why you were so excited about Pegula coming in.

It's almost like the Perreault Moment was designed to take the fan base out at the knees. I loved it, but it's not going to color my opinion on the future.

Sounds like this scenario could play out. Sabres miss the playoffs this season, make it next, win a round, then miss the next season, as is the MO of Lindy and Darcy. So Darcy's contract is up, but Terry talks about injuries, the negative vibe in Buffalo he still hasn't been able to change, maybe a bad call in a big game, and hey we finished second in the conference that playoff year. And supports Darcy. Oh yeah, Lindy has another year left on his contract, so... nobody's going anywhere.

It really is a nightmare for a lot of fans. It's a form of torture, actually. Drip, drip, drip. Lindy and Darcy, Year 26.

First of all peoples preception of what a family is in the 21st century is entirely different then it was 50 years ago.

Could it be possible that the reason why Terry did not have to fire anyone is because he has the knack for finding the right people through the due diligence process?

Having the ability to pick the right people and then get the most out of them, and finally have an amiable relationship throughout says a lot about Terry.

It's almost like people see his emotion as wreakness.

Terry does not come off as weak man to me; weak men do not accomplish what he has.

That's right family men do not throw their kids to the curb because their kids announce that they are gay.

Do you see that as a position of weakness?

It has been a whole four days and already people are engaging in the process of extrapolating and it's completly ludicrous.

Any judgements regarding the future are most assuredly based on a wide variety of assumptions at best.

No one is saying that Lindy and Darcy are the answer; Terry himself mentioned in regards to Lindy and Darcy that they were good to start with. What's that mean? I don't know; maybe he trying to say the whole situation is fluid.

Once again all we can do is let the whole thing play out.

Only Believe.

Buffalonians have endured plane crashes in Clarence, Owners in prison, snow up to their eyeballs, and enough bad weather to give anyone cabin fever.

I could use a little sunshine blown up my ass.

I'm sick of the dark days where cynics rule the air waves of WGR and the columns of the Buffalo News.

To borrow a line from Clark Griswald, "Hallelujah. Holy ######. Where's the Tylenol?"

Everyone just be happy you have an owner who says, "the whole purpose of the Buffalo Sabres exsistence is to win a Stanely Cup."

Only Believe.

I still cant get over not giving Peca his money they giving Satan his money... thats when I lost all respect for Darcy.

And bringing over Connolly for Peca.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - Darcy may be the only GM to ever lose a trade with Mike Milbury.

And losing badly, I might add.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "Peca got his knee messed up, was never the same player again, yada, yada".

Sure, but at the point of his trade, he was the best shutdown center in the game, and went on to have a career year with the Isles, before getting taken out by Darcy F*cker.

And all he wanted was Jere Lehtinen money.

Do u ever get happy about anything. I didnt like the excuses either but lets give the new ownership more than one day of work to get this rolling

Seems to me that he was noting your persistent pessimism, which is well documented.

And for something off topic:

Hey wait, we have subscripts and super scripts?

2H2+ O2-> 2H2O

(Interesting.)2

Cool.

Now, can you rebuild the genetics of Pat Lafontaine, grow him in less than 7 days and insert all of the hockey skill memories the original had?

If you can do that, I'd be impressed. ;)

Corp,

He has made some great deals in the past but not Wilson for Barnes.

He turned Bam Bam into Barnes.

He turned Mike (albatros) Wilson into Warrener and a 5th that turned into a silver medalist last year.

Almost like turning water into wine. ;)

Regards. :beer:

There is a huge difference between winning a trade here and there and doing what it takes to win a Stanley Cup. They had the greatest player in the game at that time at the most important position and he failed to get the pieces in place to win a Stanley Cup. Hasek carried that team as far as he could. Regier failed to get him the help needed to win a Stanley Cup. The same year Regier acquired Barnes the Stars acquired Brett Hull.

Why would we stop kicking LQ? That horse isn't dead yet!!

You sir, are a prophet.

Larry Quinn's legacy in Buffalo will be seen for years to come as the canal side project continues to teeter on the edge of failure and, of course, there will always be July 1st 2007. That date will be a conversation catalyst until the team reaches the ECF again. And even then it will be used as a comparison.

You sir, are a prophet.

Larry Quinn's legacy in Buffalo will be seen for years to come as the canal side project continues to teeter on the edge of failure and, of course, there will always be July 1st 2007. That date will be a conversation catalyst until the team reaches the ECF again. And even then it will be used as a comparison.

Don't forget how he stopped the Convention Center from being built on the waterfront because his peeps owned the land near the Hyatt. How he was ever let back into town after that alone is a travesty.

It was funny to hear Pegula describe Darcy's initial plan to invest money in the hockey department. He called the plan sublime and subdued. I think that's when Terry said he told Darcy to put the pedal to the metal and go for it.

Darcy's the guy who wins the lottery, keeps his janitor job and leaves all the money to his cat.

Archived