[OT] What is Darcy doing right now?

korab rules

Latest reports from TSN say Darcy was spotted feeding pigeons down at the Naval Park. One observer noted that he was referring to several by names of former players and offering them 5mil for 5 years to be paid in the form bread crust.

He's at the Arena and going to have a press conference at 7:45pm today. Seriously.

For Leopold??? Shouldn't he be busy on the phone? He is aware Free Agency doesn't close for the weekend like his favorite latch hook store, right?

I can't for the life of me figure out why people complain about Darcy every July 1st. Every year Darcy pretty much says they will not be buyers on 7/1 and every year people bitch and moan when the Sabres aren't bringing in guys. I don't agree with his philosophy and I believe that the Sabres could have brought in some pieces at reasonable prices to help this roster, but I'm not in the least bit surprised at what is happening, or not happening I should say.

For Leopold??? Shouldn't he be busy on the phone? He is aware Free Agency doesn't close for the weekend like his favorite latch hook store, right?

Exactly. Darcy said during the presser there might be more activity during the evening hours. Amazing.

Was his chief of staff going to walk into the presser and whisper into his ear? Darcy and W on 9-11, quite a parallel.

I can't for the life of me figure out why people complain about Darcy every July 1st. Every year Darcy pretty much says they will not be buyers on 7/1 and every year people bitch and moan when the Sabres aren't bringing in guys. I don't agree with his philosophy and I believe that the Sabres could have brought in some pieces at reasonable prices to help this roster, but I'm not in the least bit surprised at what is happening, or not happening I should say.

Wrong thread - this one is for making fun of the caricature that is DR. And just because Darcy does what he says doesn't mean we have to agree with him. We are fans: that gives us the right to bitch, and automatically means we know more than the people in the front office, and that we could do their job better than they can. If you don't like it or agree with it, stay out of my thread! :D

Exactly. Darcy said during the presser there might be more activity during the evening hours. Amazing.

Was his chief of staff going to walk into the presser and whisper into his ear? Darcy and W on 9-11, quite a parallel.

I think the presser may have been more to alert other teams that the current stable of under-performing sabres are on sale - its like K-Mart announcing a blue light special in aisle 7.

This

+1

Agreed

Archived