[OT] What is Darcy doing right now?

korab rules

We're down to under 45 minutes. Shouldn't something happen soon? Haven't gotten any text alerts from WGR55 so far, other than Gaustad and Roy were skating today in practice.

yeah, you would think he would have already done something. But it is evident by his track record that he is going to do something along the lines of 1 last second insignificant deal like the Torres, Boyes, Heinze, Zubrus, or whoever deal. I just don't understand why he is soooooooo passive.

I'm guessing that Darcy will say that the market changed today - what some teams were getting last week dried up today so he couldn't get the value in return that he expected so he couldn't make any trades.

Hello? The Yankees ate something like $18 million just to get rid of AJ Burnett. Teams that want to win don't always wait until the ledger sheet is on the positive side before making a move. This is a hockey team trying (I thought) to win a Stanley Cup for the first time ever, not some small business on an austerity budget.

Hello? The Yankees ate something like $18 million just to get rid of AJ Burnett. Teams that want to win don't always wait until the ledger sheet is on the positive side before making a move. This is a hockey team trying (I thought) to win a Stanley Cup for the first time ever, not some small business on an austerity budget.

I hope you're not suggesting that they should eat money on a bad contract right now. That's not allowed in the CBA.

Right now he's on the Thruway hotline. "Get Paul Scezz.... Szezz..... SHezzz... how ever you pronounce his name out here immediately!"

BTW- Did anyone notice that Darcy missed a chance to send Kassian down on paper to make him eligible for AHL playoffs? Must be multi-tasking isn't his thing.

Right now he's on the Thruway hotline. "Get Paul Scezz.... Szezz..... SHezzz... how ever you pronounce his name out here immediately!"

BTW- Did anyone notice that Darcy missed a chance to send Kassian down on paper to make him eligible for AHL playoffs? Must be multi-tasking isn't his thing.

He's got until March 6th to be on the Amerks roster for the playoffs.

Archived