Jump to content
LabattBlue

Complaint Thursdays

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I miss real hockey. I should be out in the Polish porch watching playoffs right now.

Garage with the screen?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I was supposed to be on my way to my first Indy 500 today 😟

Damn now that sounds awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Damn now that sounds awesome. 

Yeah, my buddy has been going forever and they had an extra ticket this year so I took it. Rent an RV, drive down Thursday, party and watch racing all weekend, drive home Monday.

They postponed it to the end of August but man, I was looking forward to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, darksabre said:

Yeah, my buddy has been going forever and they had an extra ticket this year so I took it. Rent an RV, drive down Thursday, party and watch racing all weekend, drive home Monday.

They postponed it to the end of August but man, I was looking forward to this. 

That sounds like a ***** blast lol I gotta get some buddies together and try that. At least you'll still get to go (hopefully)

Not a complaint but on a related note just booked a cabin for a first annual fantasy draft with all of my buddies. Gonna set up the room like a legit draft room, with podiums and absurd helmets on each teams table with a commish announcing picks and everything. Can't wait 

  • Thanks (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darksabre said:

I was supposed to be on my way to my first Indy 500 today 😟

Go break in and drive your own indy 500.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My main mountain bike is in the shop. Curses! This means I'll be BMX biking(fun, but I'm not exactly 13 anymore) or stealing my son's bike for the next 2 weeks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

It looks like a number of people are interested in something along these lines:  https://driving.ca/audi/auto-news/news/people-keep-breaking-new-illegal-cannonball-run-records-during-lockdown

If I were more daring, I'm sure the good motorcycle roads are a treat right now. I remember friends telling me about the Blue Ridge Parkway during a government shutdown. It was open (like, the gates weren't closed), but at the first parking area they saw a ton of ranger vehicles parked. That road is OK at 45, great at 55-60, and would be spectacular when empty and at higher speeds. Complaint: I missed that trip.

I'm not riding now. Even a minor mishap would result in a trip to the hospital, and they have enough on their hands. I have been bicycling a bunch, which has it's own risks but short of getting hit by the minimal number of cars probably won't land me in a hospital. Complaint: I'd love a better road/gravel bike. My 20-year-old Trek MTB is fine and all but is a lot of work to pedal around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MattPie said:

If I were more daring, I'm sure the good motorcycle roads are a treat right now. I remember friends telling me about the Blue Ridge Parkway during a government shutdown. It was open (like, the gates weren't closed), but at the first parking area they saw a ton of ranger vehicles parked. That road is OK at 45, great at 55-60, and would be spectacular when empty and at higher speeds. Complaint: I missed that trip.

I'm not riding now. Even a minor mishap would result in a trip to the hospital, and they have enough on their hands. I have been bicycling a bunch, which has it's own risks but short of getting hit by the minimal number of cars probably won't land me in a hospital. Complaint: I'd love a better road/gravel bike. My 20-year-old Trek MTB is fine and all but is a lot of work to pedal around.

I almost walked out of the shop today with a $2k GT Grade Carbon Elite gravel bike. Hydraulic 10" brakes, 2x10 gear set. So light I couldn't believe it. Just a friggin sweet ride.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really loved. Loved my Harley. I’m scared of riding it now. I know I need to get back on it. It was so so much fun. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

It looks like a number of people are interested in something along these lines:  https://driving.ca/audi/auto-news/news/people-keep-breaking-new-illegal-cannonball-run-records-during-lockdown

That's a bit more than a 500.

 

2 hours ago, MattPie said:

If I were more daring, I'm sure the good motorcycle roads are a treat right now. I remember friends telling me about the Blue Ridge Parkway during a government shutdown. It was open (like, the gates weren't closed), but at the first parking area they saw a ton of ranger vehicles parked. That road is OK at 45, great at 55-60, and would be spectacular when empty and at higher speeds. Complaint: I missed that trip.

I'm not riding now. Even a minor mishap would result in a trip to the hospital, and they have enough on their hands. I have been bicycling a bunch, which has it's own risks but short of getting hit by the minimal number of cars probably won't land me in a hospital. Complaint: I'd love a better road/gravel bike. My 20-year-old Trek MTB is fine and all but is a lot of work to pedal around.

With stuff starting to open in various places, people have probably missed the boat at this point.The roads will still be lighter, but the peak time was probably about a month ago at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to lose my winter weight.  A few months ago, I started what I will generously call weightlifting.  I'm now discovering that weightlifting while also dieting isn't very fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rotator repair has been a bitch. The surgeon showed me pics at my last visit. A 1/4” hole straight through the tendon. I’m getting along just fine but my gym time has ceased since January when I had the accident. It shows. I feel like ***** losing all that muscle mass. Muscles remember so I will get it back but it’s tough to look in a mirror. If it was due to my own lack of drive I could look but to have the giddy up and not the health to do it eats at me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ubkev said:

I almost walked out of the shop today with a $2k GT Grade Carbon Elite gravel bike. Hydraulic 10" brakes, 2x10 gear set. So light I couldn't believe it. Just a friggin sweet ride.

I've kinda told myself that if I keep this up for a year or so I'll spoil myself on something. I've had a few bicycle starts that didn't take; I'm a few weeks into it. Nice thing is I picked up a Burley Piccolo on CL for RosePie and she seems to dig riding. We did 4 miles today on mildly hilly roads. When I do ride alone, not pulling 60lbs of kid and bike around is a revelation, LOL.

Piccolo-Main.jpg

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...