Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I went out yesterday before work for a bike ride, planned on 15 miles or so, I was staying in town at the hotel, it was chilly out. I wore my bike shorts and my jersey with a fleece over it. Ok a little cold but while moving I stay fairly warm.. Until 7.5 miles in, I get a flat, I'm in the middle of nowhere and don't have a spare tube or tire levers, etc... The people I usually call or message aren't up yet, so as I'm trying to get I figure it out it starts pouring and the wind picks up, I'm freezing. I started walking the bike back toward the hotel, about an hour later someone comes and grabs me.... I head into work an icicle

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I went out yesterday before work for a bike ride, planned on 15 miles or so, I was staying in town at the hotel, it was chilly out. I wore my bike shorts and my jersey with a fleece over it. Ok a little cold but while moving I stay fairly warm.. Until 7.5 miles in, I get a flat, I'm in the middle of nowhere and don't have a spare tube or tire levers, etc... The people I usually call or message aren't up yet, so as I'm trying to get I figure it out it starts pouring and the wind picks up, I'm freezing. I started walking the bike back toward the hotel, about an hour later someone comes and grabs me.... I head into work an icicle

Ah yes, the classic mistake. Time to start keeping that repair kit on the bike. 

53 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I got screwed with the thinking that it's just a short ride, still sucked ??

I've been out of cycling for a while due to a nagging injury but I'm holding out hope for a return this summer, and it that works out I'll probably buy a new road bike next summer.

And one of my main motivations for buying a modern road bike will be that fixing flats roadside on a bike from the 70s is effing brutal lol 

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I've been out of cycling for a while due to a nagging injury but I'm holding out hope for a return this summer, and it that works out I'll probably buy a new road bike next summer.

And one of my main motivations for buying a modern road bike will be that fixing flats roadside on a bike from the 70s is effing brutal lol 

I'm getting back into it this summer too.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I'm getting back into it this summer too.

If you guys would like to, I would love to meet up for a ride this summer, we could take the bikes out and make a pit stop for wings and brews once the wold normalizes 

9 minutes ago, darksabre said:

What's bugging ya that's keeping you from riding? 

Also it's amazing how quick it is to take care of bike issues now, with quick release wheels and etc. Ya know, as long as you prepare ??

35 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You're not supposed to use it to find your way back from the bathroom.

And even if you do successfully leave that TP trail, you wind up using all of it anyway.  So not only do you not have enough TP, you're also now lost.

11 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

If you guys would like to, I would love to meet up for a ride this summer, we could take the bikes out and make a pit stop for wings and brews once the wold normalizes 

Also it's amazing how quick it is to take care of bike issues now, with quick release wheels and etc. Ya know, as long as you prepare ??

That would be great.  I've got to fix a pedal and grease up the chain but other than that I think I'm good to go.  I might put some new tubes in; it's been years since I rode.

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

That would be great.  I've got to fix a pedal and grease up the chain but other than that I think I'm good to go.  I might put some new tubes in; it's been years since I rode.

That may be wise, or at least check your tires for any issues that will go into the tube. 

We'll coordinate something soon when the warm stuff is here to stay 

15 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That may be wise, or at least check your tires for any issues that will go into the tube. 

We'll coordinate something soon when the warm stuff is here to stay 

Frankly, it's worth putting new tubes in just so I can remember and/or relearn the technique!

43 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I'll keep it in mind!

As far as the injury, that's a story for another time and place lol 

Mrs. CC and I are having some serious concerns about the church we’ve been visiting. We clearly do not have a problem with their doctrine nor their preaching. We are in complete agreement with the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith. However, it has become very evident who they support in politics (don’t even bother asking) when the Gospel should be first and foremost. They have also been very vocal against the current SIP by claiming that it violates the 1A right of free assembly. (We disagree with this since the government is not stopping anyone from meeting online or meeting in church parking lots parked in their cars. In fact, it’s being encouraged where I live.) Granted, from what we’ve been able to find and research online, this church is not only not incorporated but it’s also not a 501(c)(3). But the politicking has me worried.

13 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

Mrs. CC and I are having some serious concerns about the church we’ve been visiting. We clearly do not have a problem with their doctrine nor their preaching. We are in complete agreement with the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith. However, it has become very evident who they support in politics (don’t even bother asking) when the Gospel should be first and foremost. They have also been very vocal against the current SIP by claiming that it violates the 1A right of free assembly. (We disagree with this since the government is not stopping anyone from meeting online or meeting in church parking lots parked in their cars. In fact, it’s being encouraged where I live.) Granted, from what we’ve been able to find and research online, this church is not only not incorporated but it’s also not a 501(c)(3). But the politicking has me worried.

Some of these rules just might violate 1A.  Anyone with some sense is obeying them anyway, though.

I don't like politics and religion mixing, either.

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Some of these rules just might violate 1A.  Anyone with some sense is obeying them anyway, though.

I don't like politics and religion mixing, either.

Experience is one of those teachers where we learn our lesson the hard way. I say that because I have observed that politics and religion require a delicate balancing act - and that is impossible when unstable people hold positions of power and influence.

It all goes back to what I said in a different thread. Any particular thing in the wrong hands can be dangerous.

Edited by Crosschecking

12 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

And we just called Hospice for my brother in law. F this week

Sorry to hear that @spndnchz.  I remember the same type call last year for a loved one.   Agonizing and heartbreaking.

• Sad 2