LabattBlue

Complaint Thursdays

This is my fourth winter driving this truck and I’m replacing my third cracked windshield.

3 minutes ago, Ogre said:

This is my fourth winter driving this truck and I’m replacing my third cracked windshield.

Damn Russians.

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

People who start walking onto an elevator, while people are trying to get off

At least I finally know what Aerosmith was talking about with love in an elevator. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

People who start walking onto an elevator, while people are trying to get off

1 hour ago, shrader said:

At least I finally know what Aerosmith was talking about with love in an elevator. 

Complaint Thursday meet Things That are Awesome.

• Haha (+1) 1

We officially live in a world without sports

• Sad 1

I am sick and f'ing tired of sitting home with nothing to do.  The wife and I needed to get out last night so we jumped in the car and went for a ride with this on.

1 minute ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

I am sick and f'ing tired of sitting home with nothing to do.  The wife and I needed to get out last night so we jumped in the car and went for a ride with this on.

Best Irish band — and probably the most underrated band anywhere — of all time.

Patented the twin guitar harmony, amazing drummer and the incredible talents of Mr. Phil Lynott.

It is way too quiet out here. Way too quiet. What's going on right now might be a misanthrope's dream, but this is obviously not normal.

8 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

My oldest is turning 14 soon and his teenage self is starting to emerge re: attitude.  This is not a good time for us all to be cooped up together.

Ask him if he wants to try playing goalie... and you need to practice your shooting.  🙂

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

My oldest is turning 14 soon and his teenage self is starting to emerge re: attitude.  This is not a good time for us all to be cooped up together.

Sounds like it's time for boxing lessons 😉

The next time someone sees me wearing my Buffalo Bills baseball cap and hoodie and asks me, "Are you from Buffalo?", I'm going to reply, "I'm from Antarctica. Can't you tell by the accent?"

My complaint is finding it so difficult to deal with this shutdown.  Been working from home for slightly longer than this board has been around, so for the most part am used to "self-quarantining."  But when "writer's block" (for lack of a better term) sets in, have always been able to go to a study room at the library for a change of scenery or hit the mall or grocery store and be able to get back into the swing.  But my efficiency has been poor these past couple of weeks, and am really not sure how to improve it back to where it needs to / should be.

Had also pretty much given up this place for Lent, like most years, but ended up not sticking to the other things I'd given up either so you lucky (:rolleyes:) peeps get me back early.

I know my complaints are so much more trivial than most here are; sorry for / thanks for letting me vent.

Stay safe and well all.  

Looks like my state (NH) is getting a stay at home order tomorrow that'll last 5 weeks.  I don't work in an essential business, nor can I work from home, so I guess unemployment here I come?

Just now, JujuFish said:

Looks like my state (NH) is getting a stay at home order tomorrow that'll last 5 weeks.  I don't work in an essential business, nor can I work from home, so I guess unemployment here I come?

On the plus side, when the bill that passed the Senate passes the House, you'll get an extra $600 in your weekly unemployment check through July or until you find work, whichever comes 1st.  (Hopefully, the latter.) 

It's also possible that your employer might qualify for loans (which seem to be forgivable, i.e. effectively Grant's, though not positive how the "forgiveness" provisions work) for keeping at least 90% of the employees on payroll.

Good luck with it.

I'm sick of the facade some people put on in the stores.  Laughing and shaking their heads in "disbelief" when they get to an aisle with everything sold out as if they're casually shopping and everyone else is batshit crazy (they are) and they're not.  The 58 rolls of toilet paper, 35 pounds of chicken nuggets and five boxes of 12 gauge shotgun shells in your grocery cart tells quite a different story.  

1 hour ago, Indabuff said:

58 rolls of toilet paper, 35 pounds of chicken nuggets and five boxes of 12 gauge shotgun shells

I need to shop at this grocery store.  Do they sell booze too?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Weave said:

Conflict of interest

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Weave said:

It's called Walmart and surprisingly nobody is walking out of there with three thirty packs except me.  They can thoroughly wipe their collective ***** while I drink my face off.

Started working from home this week, and probably will for at least the next three weeks. We’ve had morning Zoom meetings every day so far. Managers say they’re checking how we are but it’s really to make sure we get out of bed and work. I had less hassle and interaction when I went to work.