Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

35 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I spent all day changing my brakes, calipers, etc...... I wasn't expecting to have to utilize the garage for it ?

Well, the fun part was passing by all of the steering wheel holders who were driving at 25-30 mph.

Them: "It's snowing in April! I'm holding on for dear life!!!"

Me: "Hold my coffee and let me show you how it's done."

Work gave me yesterday and today off. That means five days off,… in a row. I don't think I have had 5 days off with nothing to do in, well,… ever.

Two days in and I can't believe how much I have done and how little I've accomplished.

The WNY weather is terrible this week. Cold, windy and then...snow last night, and as of right now, it still hasn’t melted. 

This quarantine will be so much easier once the weather starts warming up...hopefully next week we get back to around average temps. 

???

7 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Got through my ‘procedure’ .

Then on Monday I slammed my foot into my bedpost, broke my pinky toe. Got a nice purple bruise over 1/3 of my foot. FML

Procedure?  I hope that it was nothing serious.  My apologies, I have not followed every post here, if you posted some details.

And a broken toe will also heal, my dear.

4 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

Then on Monday I slammed my foot into my bedpost, broke my pinky toe. Got a nice purple bruise over 1/3 of my foot. FML

Hate them sneaky bed posts. Never actually broke a toe I don't think, but has sure felt like it a few times.

Can someone please invent a good bed post padding.

Awwww come on man! 

Here's a very minor item that has nevertheless annoyed me for about 6 years:  my coffeemaker, which is a $30 Mr. Coffee model, makes good coffee but the carafe has a cheapo plastic collar that is poorly designed such that when pouring water or coffee, it leaks literally every single time.  In addition, the carafe itself is made of cheap, flimsy glass -- and it broke last night when I put it in the sink.

I can get an exact replacement from amazon in 1 week, or a universal replacement carafe that doesn't have the plastic collar and looks like it won't leak -- but that one will take 3 weeks.  Or I can get a new coffeemaker for anywhere between $25 and $200, but that seems wasteful.

First world problems, to be sure, but I'm working at home for the foreseeable future and I need (and enjoy) coffee in the morning.

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Here's a very minor item that has nevertheless annoyed me for about 6 years:  my coffeemaker, which is a $30 Mr. Coffee model, makes good coffee but the carafe has a cheapo plastic collar that is poorly designed such that when pouring water or coffee, it leaks literally every single time.  In addition, the carafe itself is made of cheap, flimsy glass -- and it broke last night when I put it in the sink.

I can get an exact replacement from amazon in 1 week, or a universal replacement carafe that doesn't have the plastic collar and looks like it won't leak -- but that one will take 3 weeks.  Or I can get a new coffeemaker for anywhere between $25 and $200, but that seems wasteful.

First world problems, to be sure, but I'm working at home for the foreseeable future and I need (and enjoy) coffee in the morning.

I've had this happen and in my experience you can typically sub carafes from one Mr Coffee into another Mr. Coffee if you do some digging to see what replacement carafes fit what machines. Then what I do is order the replacement carafe for the old machine AND a new Mr Coffee that fits the replacement carafe. That way you have a new carafe for your existing Mr Coffee, and when that machine inevitably dies, you'll already have a replacement carafe on hand for the new Mr Coffee when its carafe inevitably breaks. Then you just keep the cycle going until your children have to handle your estate.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

I've had this happen and in my experience you can typically sub carafes from one Mr Coffee into another Mr. Coffee if you do some digging to see what replacement carafes fit what machines. Then what I do is order the replacement carafe for the old machine AND a new Mr Coffee that fits the replacement carafe. That way you have a new carafe for your existing Mr Coffee, and when that machine inevitably dies, you'll already have a replacement carafe on hand for the new Mr Coffee when its carafe inevitably breaks. Then you just keep the cycle going until your children have to handle your estate.

I loved that carafe! Mine mine MINE!

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Just tape it to the next toe for a while.  It will heal that way.  Source:  I've done it twice.

55 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Buy the new coffee maker.  Then MacGyver the old one into some sort of device that can destroy the world or something, and hold the world hostage for (touches finger to cheek) one MILLION dollars?

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

The WNY weather is terrible this week. Cold, windy and then...snow last night, and as of right now, it still hasn’t melted. 

This quarantine will be so much easier once the weather starts warming up...hopefully next week we get back to around average temps. 

???

It's been super erratic down here in NC too.  One day it's pushing the point where I need to turn on the AC, then the next it's down to where I probably need to turn the heat on.  That machine is going to hate me if I cave and do bounce back and forth between the two settings.

55 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I’m really getting sick of all these permanent radar speed signs telling me that I am speeding.

I don’t need reminding that I’m speeding.

I know I’m speeding, I’m the one ***** driving!

I thought those were to see if you got the high score!

So, we're "restructuring" right now.  I hate this period.  We have these levels of executive approval on processes but during these times they are never available. They don't understand why work slows down. Then they take forever to implement them and basically waste 3-4 weeks worth of work time by either undoing or not responding to the checkpoints they put in place.

My major project is in this restructuring.. so at the moment I am also hoping that I am still around after they are done figuring things out.  I'm almost assuredly losing the project (being taken from our whole business unit). I have other projects.. but... you never know.

Sigh.

• Haha (+1) 1

This could go in many threads, but I chose this one because it is Thursday.  Those slimy Pats.  Check out what they show on the video feed directly behind the goalposts when the opponent attempts a field goal (top pic), and what they show when they are attempting a field goal (bottom pic).  Notice the skewed visual for the opponent.  Illegal, no, slimy YES.  The Pats culture of SLIME.  It permeates everything they do.

image.thumb.png.f7e9718b22e24ceba0726d70fcac4464.png

image.thumb.png.47a26e2bc042a9fceb781e1a1c81efc1.png

6 minutes ago, Tondas said:

This could go in many threads, but I chose this one because it is Thursday.  Those slimy Pats.  Check out what they show on the video feed directly behind the goalposts when the opponent attempts a field goal (top pic), and what they show when they are attempting a field goal (bottom pic).  Notice the skewed visual for the opponent.  Illegal, no, slimy YES.  The Pats culture of SLIME.  It permeates everything they do.

image.thumb.png.f7e9718b22e24ceba0726d70fcac4464.png

image.thumb.png.47a26e2bc042a9fceb781e1a1c81efc1.png

Those bastages!!  We'll get 'em this year!!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

Just tape it to the next toe for a while.  It will heal that way.  Source:  I've done it twice.

I did just that. The tape just fell off in the shower, only to find the toe next to the pinky is even worse.

(what do you call that toe? Pinkies buddy?)