Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

....$15 for a ZJ.

Huh?

Oy yeah, I hear you. Just mentioning it since it is an option. And I can confirm it's a good car, might get you through this rough spot. But yeah... when ###### breaks on it, waiting for some damn tool to work on its precious German whatever can be bloody frustrating. 

Get a jeep?

Dirty dangles, eh boys? giphy.gif

:w00t:

Funny, I was just thinking about Jeeps this morning as something that'd be an OK solution when I get rid of my WRX. My car is 90% getting me to work and back these days and there's no way I can justify getting another one (as much as I love it). I'd think Jeep as it'd be fine in the winter (for me) and fun in the summer. Realistically I'll end up with a basic car or a base Impreza if I still want to have something AWD. I'd like the Impreza because the snow tires and rims I have for the WRX would probably fit.

Impreza Hatch would work.

I don't like what Subaru has done with their Outbacks. They're getting too cross-over like. Losing that affordable quality feel they used to have. 

Huh?

:w00t:

Impreza Hatch would work.

I don't like what Subaru has done with their Outbacks. They're getting too cross-over like. Losing that affordable quality feel they used to have. 

Yeah, it seems like the Outback has taken on the mantle of Subaru's "nice" car and costs reflect that. It's really unfortunate as it's fairly unique in terms of the market. No one else makes a largeish wagon (the Outback is surprisingly big inside compared to almost everything other than large SUVs and minivans).

If you have to ask, then ya can't afford it.

Beerfest! Man, Beerfest! Come on, LGR would have gotten that.

:lol: I haven't seen that movie in ages. I need to watch that back to back with Super Troopers again soon. 

Yeah, it seems like the Outback has taken on the mantle of Subaru's "nice" car and costs reflect that. It's really unfortunate as it's fairly unique in terms of the market. No one else makes a largeish wagon (the Outback is surprisingly big inside compared to almost everything other than large SUVs and minivans).

It was inevitable. The crossover is king in America. There are very few of us out there who like wagons. I love a good wagon. If I wasn't so peeved at VW I'd be looking at the Passat Alltrack.

Today we'll be forced to move with our little group and 4 happy clients into the bigger office filled with incompetent idiots (supervisors included).

Apparently we have to because 7/10 supervisors are incompetent, and their office is laughing at them to much.

So they'll put us as a buffer in between two groups of idiots.   Think I'll go look for a new job.

Josie914, on 11 Aug 2016 - 11:18 AM, said:

^ Wishing i could help d4rk in some way. My parents still would be willing to sell you their VW combi.... premium gas and all :/

Mine's the same. Just add coworker who hit on my friend enough that she left now hitting on me... he's harmless but... Oh god it's just so awkward. I've known him for years and he never did it before. He's married. And now I'm nervous about what to wear again. My first year here there was a guy who would make creepy comments and I just stopped dressing nice. He left eventually, and now I regularly wear nice dresses. Yeah, it's a stupid complaint, and it's not sexual harassment, it's just... uncomfortable. As if I needed to be MORE uncomfortable at this job. Oh god, someone please hire me... 

The place I really like in Lockport that actually got in touch with me said they just don't have room for me. It wasn't a rejection but... well, it wasn't my ticket out of here yet either. 

FWIW, it happens to us middle agers, too.  The market here is smaller than it looks online and there are a sh&t-ton of applicants.  I can also tell you that there's a bias against free-lancing.  I can tell you that if you are looking at front-end developer jobs, or even server-side coding jobs, if you are not 100% up with the latest frameworks and can talk about them like they were as obvious as rain, then you are at a severe disadvantage.

If moving to Buffalo is what you want to do, I think you're left with three choices - keep trying to land a job in your field (from experience it's the definition of crazy), make an uncomfortable compromise, or start your own business and live with the consequences of that. 

Good luck!  It's pretty challenging out there right now.  If you decide starting your own business might be an option, PM me and I can give you further insight.

coworker who hit on my friend enough that she left now hitting on me... he's harmless but... Oh god it's just so awkward. I've known him for years and he never did it before. He's married. And now I'm nervous about what to wear again. My first year here there was a guy who would make creepy comments and I just stopped dressing nice. He left eventually, and now I regularly wear nice dresses. Yeah, it's a stupid complaint, and it's not sexual harassment, it's just... uncomfortable. As if I needed to be MORE uncomfortable at this job. 

Sure sounds like it to me. The very definition of it.

Agreed. And it's that real subtle kind where it's just mundane enough that most women I think would prefer to simply avoid doing something like report it to HR. Stealth harassment.

Of course Josie couldn't do that even if she wanted to, since her stupid job has no management structure or HR.

it's not sexual harassment

Me too.

That really is a troubling story.

And I just processed your statement to the effect that a friend of yours left the company because of this creep.

Seriously. This isn't 1982, or whatever date long ago we want to settle on, when sh1t like this was more widely (but not rightly) tolerated.

You are well (WELL) within your rights to advise HR or a supervisor that he's making you feel uncomfortable with his flirtatious, suggestive behavior. And you can and should expect that something will be done about it. Failing that, you should talk to a plaintiff's employment lawyer.

Of course Josie couldn't do that even if she wanted to, since her stupid job has no management structure or HR.

Ick.

Still. There's a boss, yeah?

I also mean it: A good plaintiff's employment lawyer can help here.

And I just processed your statement to the effect that a friend of yours left the company because of this creep.

Seriously. This isn't 1982, or whatever date long ago we want to settle on, when sh1t like this was more widely (but not rightly) tolerated.

You are well (WELL) within your rights to advise HR or a supervisor that he's making you feel uncomfortable with his flirtatious, suggestive behavior. And you can and should expect that something will be done about it. Failing that, you should talk to a plaintiff's employment lawyer.

Ick.

Echo that.  If we didn't have a strict policy of not representing employees against employers, I'd be calling d4rk by now.

Josie, you should consult w/ someone, and if you need me to find someone in Roch, I'd be happy to.

Echo that.  If we didn't have a strict policy of not representing employees against employers, I'd be calling d4rk by now.

Josie, you should consult w/ someone, and if you need me to find someone in Roch, I'd be happy to.

I'd be happy to provide some names as well - I know at least two really good ones in Roch.

Ick.

They're all buddies. Good luck. She might as well be in Omega Theta Pi. 

Why does everything have to be bilingual? Even commercials are in Spanish now

Why not? We're like the only country left on the planet that thinks it shouldn't have to speak any language but English. 

I wish I had the opportunity here to speak more languages. I'm jealous that Europeans get to learn and regularly use so many other languages. 

I think speaking the same language unifies a people. And yeah, I agree with that fat slob

I don't categorically disagree with that.

Your question, though, was why do commercials have to be bilingual.

My more serious response is that they don't have to be bilingual, but some of them are because of what's going on in the markets that the advertisers are trying to reach.

Get a good lawyer on the case, and it's not Josie that'll need the luck.

You and I both know the consequences of something like that stretches far beyond the walls of the workplace. Her industry is about as incestuous as it gets. She'd be blackballed. 

:lol:

I think speaking the same language unifies a people. And yeah, I agree with that fat slob

I agree w/ you.

I'd be happy to provide some names as well - I know at least two really good ones in Roch.

Go with Aud's suggestions, I don't personally know any employee-side attys in Roch.  It should be a free consult.

Why not? We're like the only country left on the planet that thinks it shouldn't have to speak any language but English.

I wish I had the opportunity here to speak more languages. I'm jealous that Europeans get to learn and regularly use so many other languages.

Are their products, warnings, government help, etc bilingual? Speaking multiple languages isn't a bad thing at all, but if I go to Germany to live there I should learn the language not only to better assimilate myself, but because it shouldn't be their responsibility to accommodate me

In a similar sense I get mad when someone says, 'I'm Italian/German/whatever' No, you're not, you're American