Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I hope yours works out better than mine. In my case the problem is with the 2 tendons controlling thumb movement. I've had 4 cortisone injections over about 18 months. Had the most recent this past Tuesday. They told me "no more cortisone". Next time it flares that want to perform surgery.

This is on the outside of my left wrist (side opposite the thumb). The two tendons are definitely inflamed and apparently they're putting pressure on the nerve, which causes the weakness I've been having. No pain with all of this - just swelling and weakness. Doesn't help my golf game...

Today is one of those days where for whatever reason, I just completely ran out of gas. I have no idea how I have stayed awake the last two hours.

Treated myself to two chili dogs for lunch (at least they were Sahlen's). Now I've got really bad gas. I'll be happy to share.

With less than two months to go before the wedding, the singer we've had lined up for the ceremony since about November backed out on us. It isn't a good reason either (one that I won't get into), but she actually asked the question "can they change the date". This date we've had picked for just about a year now and put down serious deposits for, yeah, we'll move it for you, sure.

I know it is "construction season", but right now there is construction on almost every street surrounding Roswell/BGH. Michigan Ave., Ellicott Street, the short stretch of Virginia between Ellicott and Michigan....all torn up or closed. Of course, leaving work at the end of the day is pure joy. The shocking thing is that the alternate route home I've been taking is actually quicker than my normal route (excluding the 12-15 minutes it takes to exit the parking ramp and make my way over to Washington St.)

Also, there seem to be an awful lot of confused drivers/pedestrians in the area. On the way into work this AM, I made a right turn onto a side street near work only to find two people walking side by side directly in front of me in the middle of the road (in the rain). Really? Too cool to walk on the sidewalk? My 3 ton plus truck does NOT stop on a dime, and especially not in a heavy downpour. Fortunately, I swerved as I braked and missed them, but they did get a bit of a shower....

My landlord.

I've been telling him for weeks the gutters need to be cleaned and they're still not done. Now I get to stay awake at night listening to the gutters overflow.

Page 18-19. Tell him you don't want to do it, but if he doesn't take care of the gutters, a plumbing issue, then you'll report him to whatever local housing authority you fall into. You also have the right to have the repairs done yourself then have the cost deducted from the rent.

Page 18-19. Tell him you don't want to do it, but if he doesn't take care of the gutters, a plumbing issue, then you'll report him to whatever local housing authority you fall into. You also have the right to have the repairs done yourself then have the cost deducted from the rent.

Come on, man. That was metaphor. Follow along already.

I watched an NBA game this week,… and I think I enjoyed it.

Lol same here... not a basketball fan by any stretch, but the bf is a Spurs fan so I've been watching a lot of the Finals and even stayed up to watch OT on Tues.

I woke up at 5:45am today for no damn reason. I normally get up at 8am and I'm beat since I've been going to bed between 12 and 1am, but I'm awake anyhow. This afternoon is gonna hurt.