Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My In Laws will be arriving in about 1 hour for the weekend... I only have approximately 50 beers on ice. This may not be enough, so I'm complaining!

I have to drive up to NH tomorrow a couple hours after the festivities tomorrow, so I can't partake in very many of the beers that will be in stock. So yeah, add me to the list of complainers. And of course, I'll have someone who had far more than her fair share of said beer in the passenger seat of my car.

It's always a double edged sword. Not having a job sucks because you feel listless and the bills stack up. Swinging back the other way and working too much sucks because you have no time or energy to do the stuff you need to do outside of work, like graduate school work, and spending time with loves ones.

So yeah, I'm gonna complain real nice about it. :P

fussing about the pace of your life... my last client wishes she had that problem . I just finished embalming her about 45 minutes ago.

I work in a fairly large complex(multiple buildings) with 2000+ employees. I hate when people walk by me(if we are the only two people in the hallway), and they stare at their shoetops as you pass them, instead of a quick smile/nod/hello. Even if I don't know you, you don't have to act like an unfriendly prick.

I work in a fairly large complex(multiple buildings) with 2000+ employees. I hate when people walk by me(if we are the only two people in the hallway), and they stare at their shoetops as you pass them, instead of a quick smile/nod/hello. Even if I don't know you, you don't have to act like an unfriendly prick.

Maybe it's you. :P

Bump ...

I have been sitting on this for a while now.

I am like George Constanza and completely without speach on this one ...

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/11/20/world/meast/paris-hilton-store-mecca/index.html?hpt=imi_bn2

... well, you know me, I'm not really without speach so here goes.

1.) For all there BS about hating Western Society these Saudis really like there fancy Western trapings.

2.) For a society that belittles (which the Qur'an strictly forbids, I might add) women so much that it is state policy for women to stay indoors unless completely covered from head to toe and accompanied by a senior male member of their family (husband, brother, father ...) this seems rather hypocritical. If women actually venture out on their own (usually only royals) they have to wear a tracing devise similar to prisioners on day passes, or parole.

3.) This is her fourth store in Saudi Arabia and first in the most Holy city in Islam ... Mecca.

4.) Saudi Arabia was simply known as Arabia down through the ages. That is until the head of the Al-Saud family decided that he wanted his own Kingdom and decided his family were royals (which, again I will add, is strictly forbiden in the Qur'an ... clearly a case of idolatry and has the implication that someone is better than any other one). The county at that time became Saudi Arabia.

5.) No person can enter Mecca without showing documentation that they are indeed a Muslim. What a joke. There is no formal ceremony and no documentation. To become a Muslim all one has to do, with conviction in their heart and mind, is to state that they bare witness that there is no God, but God, and that Muhamed is a messenger of God. It can and is usually done alone in ones home. It is between an individual and God. Some do a ceremonial Shahadah with friends and family at a mosque, but it is not required. Not to derail my own post, but I doubt Ms. Hilton could even go to her store in Mecca. And if she could prove that she is a Muslim, then she would not be able to enter Mecca not in the company of her husband, father or brother.

I really think the Prophet (PBUH) passed away far too soon. His work was not complete. This is the exact same type of behaviour that Allah decided to send another messenger about. Over 1400 years later NOTHING has changed. Allah is likely very displeased. We are all in trouble.

There. That's my complaint for this day, week, month, year ...

/rant

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Complaint Thursday thread.

Who drives drunk at 9am?

Seriously?! Was it the fiancee's roommate or something?

Bump ...

I have been sitting on this for a while now.

I am like George Constanza and completely without speach on this one ...

http://edition.cnn.c...tml?hpt=imi_bn2

... well, you know me, I'm not really without speach so here goes.

1.) For all there BS about hating Western Society these Saudis really like there fancy Western trapings.

2.) For a society that belittles (which the Qur'an strictly forbids, I might add) women so much that it is state policy for women to stay indoors unless completely covered from head to toe and accompanied by a senior male member of their family (husband, brother, father ...) this seems rather hypocritical. If women actually venture out on their own (usually only royals) they have to wear a tracing devise similar to prisioners on day passes, or parole.

3.) This is her fourth store in Saudi Arabia and first in the most Holy city in Islam ... Mecca.

4.) Saudi Arabia was simply known as Arabia down through the ages. That is until the head of the Al-Saud family decided that he wanted his own Kingdom and decided his family were royals (which, again I will add, is strictly forbiden in the Qur'an ... clearly a case of idolatry and has the implication that someone is better than any other one). The county at that time became Saudi Arabia.

5.) No person can enter Mecca without showing documentation that they are indeed a Muslim. What a joke. There is no formal ceremony and no documentation. To become a Muslim all one has to do, with conviction in their heart and mind, is to state that they bare witness that there is no God, but God, and that Muhamed is a messenger of God. It can and is usually done alone in ones home. It is between an individual and God. Some do a ceremonial Shahadah with friends and family at a mosque, but it is not required. Not to derail my own post, but I doubt Ms. Hilton could even go to her store in Mecca. And if she could prove that she is a Muslim, then she would not be able to enter Mecca not in the company of her husband, father or brother.

I really think the Prophet (PBUH) passed away far too soon. His work was not complete. This is the exact same type of behaviour that Allah decided to send another messenger about. Over 1400 years later NOTHING has changed. Allah is likely very displeased. We are all in trouble.

There. That's my complaint for this day, week, month, year ...

/rant

We now return you to your regularly scheduled Complaint Thursday thread.

Hilton could actually do something meaningful, here, in connection with her store opening. But she won't.

I didn't win the Powerball.

nor did I :(

My real complaint/rant for today though is deadlines moving up by a week. I had 3 weeks to do the engineering work on a new product for a customer, but my boss wants the product out the door sooner, so I just lost 6 business days. I have 2.5 more drawings to finish, as well as correcting some calculations. On top of that, I'm supposed to be planning a business trip for next week, as well as keeping up with my other daily routines. I've stayed at work from 8AM till 8PM three days this week (and because I'm salary, I don't get compensated for that). Tonight I need make a birthday cake for my girlfriend, buy her a card, get rid of the no-shave November beard, wrap the other presents I got her, as well as pack for the weekend, all before I help my Mother as promised with moving some stuff around her house (furniture etc). I just need like 2 extra hours in the day! :ph34r:

Got a couple for this week:

1) Had a new oven delivered on Tuesday, and after they left I realized the ceramic cooktop is already pitted. (Ugh.) Thankfully they're not fighting with me on sending a replacement, but the earliest they could do was Friday (tomorrow), which means more time off work in a week where I'm already behind.

2) Ordered a new microwave for over the stove, and figured at least we could get that installed Tues. night. When we removed the old one, the wall behind it looked like some jacktard kept changing his mind whether or not he wanted to vent the thing (see pic). It also appears that mice have been using this as easy access into my kitchen. Had to try and patch this up, so we couldn't finish Tues. night. Tried again to finish installing the new one last night, and find out the detailed template for determining where to drill holes in the upper cabinet was a little off. Kitchen is still tore up and we're hoping to finally get the microwave properly installed tonight.

3) I've got a splinter in the ring finger on my dominant hand. Ow.

Edit: Realized I never posted another appliance-related issue from last week since I'd forgotten by Wed. Woke up two Sat. mornings ago with no hot water. Go to the basement, and the TPR valve is flowing quite freely onto the floor. Plumber said over the phone it was probably just the valve went bad and needed a replacement, but all the places that sell the part had closed for the weekend, so no hot water for me from Sat. through Monday evening. Fortunately it was a cheap fix (at least I think so; haven't gotten the bill yet, but they weren't here long and the part was inexpensive.)

post-1683-0-83065300-1354205090_thumb.jpg

Edited by biodork

Seriously?! Was it the fiancee's roommate or something?

There was a story in the Buffalo News over the past two days about a <1 year old baby being killed in a car accident at 9AM yesterday where the driver of the other car was drunk. I used to play baseball with the father (he wasn't in the car).

Finding out about an "optional" dinner meeting a mere 4 hours before it happens. First of all I always find it obnoxious when I'm told something is optional, but it's clear to everybody that attendance is expected. Secondly, a little more notice would have been lovely, it's not like I had plans already or anything....

Empire Auto in Lancaster, NY. My grandfather took his 2001 Buick Lesabre there for the entire time he owned it because they always have him a great deal.

Too bad they're sheisters.

After driving the car for a couple hundred miles I decided that I needed my shop to look it over. I could tell already that the front motor mount had been shot for quite some time, and I was pretty sure the rear air suspension system wasn't working.

My mechanic calls me Tuesday morning with the assessment. I was right about the motor mount, the rear brakes needed new rotors and pads, and yes, the compressor for the air shocks wasn't working. Oh, also the intake gasket is leaking coolant. Fine. $1600 worth of repairs on a free car.

The rub is that Empire replaced the intake manifold and gasket about 10,000 miles ago. Only 60,000 into the cars life. A job that I have to pay $600 to have redone.

The air shock system is likely their fault as well since it was only fixed two years ago. The compressor should still be operational at 73,000 miles.

And lastly, how do you not notice the vibration and noisy shifting associated with a bad engine mount if you are a reputable repair shop?

Ugh.

There was a story in the Buffalo News over the past two days about a <1 year old baby being killed in a car accident at 9AM yesterday where the driver of the other car was drunk. I used to play baseball with the father (he wasn't in the car).

Wow; that's horrible at any hour. Guess I have to read the News a little more often. It would help if its new login system worked properly.

I got to see my girlfriend for Thanksgiving but it was only a short three days. Long distance sucks.

But, what about that whole 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' BS?

When my wife and I were 'dating' she lived in Montreal and I in Toronto. I tell you we knew every inch of that 500+ KM stretch of the Trans-Canada Highway between those cities. Made for some great long weekends, though.

Sucking for long distances is never optimal. Thanks for giving.

:w00t: ...

... and I'm not completely sure why.

When my wife and I were 'dating' she lived in Montreal and I in Toronto. I tell you we knew every inch of that 500+ KM stretch of the Trans-Canada Highway between those cities. Made for some great long weekends, though.

Fiancee lives in Buffalo, I can make the drive up there (325-ish miles) in my sleep. On the plus side, I have a set of side routes to vary things up that only add a few minutes each to the trip.

Christiane Amanpour. That gal has to be one of the worst journalists out there. Watching her regurgitate the whole shtick about "global warming/climate change" over Hurricane Sandy with a Princeton University professor was extremely nauseating - especially since her interview was so one-sided. I might have had some respect for her had she included someone on the other side like Ken Ham or Dr. E. Calvin Beisner. Nope. They don't fit her narrative.

Jamie Foxx. For him to declare Barack Obama as his personal Lord and Saviour is nothing short of blasphemy. The Paul Washer video that I posted on the Presidential Politics thread a few weeks ago proves his point that Foxx, like many others, are truly under God's judgment and wrath. I pity him. I really do.

In the wake of Javon Belcher we have this happening in my normally quiet community. My next door neighbors were pretty close with this family, and their young daughter is friends with one of the kids coming out of this tragedy. What a brutally senseless and evil act.

http://www2.nbc17.com/news/2012/dec/04/25/exclusive-911-call-scene-murder-suicide-sheds-ligh-ar-2832059/

In the wake of Javon Belcher we have this happening in my normally quiet community. My next door neighbors were pretty close with this family, and their young daughter is friends with one of the kids coming out of this tragedy. What a brutally senseless and evil act.

http://www2.nbc17.co...igh-ar-2832059/

wow. just wow. :(

My complaint today: people who don't cash checks quickly. I wrote 2 checks for a ski trip, and with the holiday/gift giving season here, need to buy a few more presents for people. I need to be careful about how much I spend though, as I really have $800 less than what my bank account shows. I hate having checks in the wind like this (I wrote the first one during the second week of November, and the second one the week of Thanksgiving), and have asked that these be deposited, but was told they will get to it when they can (meaning probably around the 20th of this month). :censored: GAH!