Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Power to the people!!!

I find it rather amusing (as long as he isn't driving around town and what not). Apparently my uncle gave him a lecture about how he can't do that and no longer has a license, and he flipped out. When I was visiting this summer, Gramps was telling me the story and went off about how he "was a SeaBee in WWII, survived Guadalcanal, and I'll be damned if someone's gonna tell me I can't drive anymore." Then he went on some rant about the Nazis. I was waiting to see if he was going to mention them bombing Pearl Harbor, but it's just his short term memory that's shot, not the long term. What we had for lunch 15 minutes earlier? No clue. The names of his shipmates? No problem. Unless of course he was making them up....

My grandpa turned 95 in July. He was driving up until his 94th birthday, when he failed the IL license test (once you hit 80-something you have to take it every year). He's still pissed off about losing it. They live in a gated retirement community and he'll still drive within the community, and has even "stolen" my grandma's car (she's 91 and just passed the test again) a few times to run to Walgreen's, which is just outside the gates. My aunt had a fit when she found out.

Love it. As long as no one gets hurt, let the man drive!

That said, it probably is risky business.

Ugh. Every week I struggle to not post my job hunting frustrations in here.

Here is a SabreSpace related complaint. I cannot use any of the reply options (emoticons, quote button, buttons to attach pics or links, font or text size box, etc) at my work computer. They are greyed out when I reply to a post. It happens in the quick reply box AND if I select "More Reply Option". Happens when I quote another post too. It isn't happening at home so I do not think it is related to a setting for my account.

Ideas anyone?

Edited by weave

It looks like I may have to sign a second lease and pay a portion of both for about 6 months. The end result is good, but that will definitely limit things over that time.

end justifies the means?

Hang in there man! I've got faith you'll find something!! (in regards to your SS troubles, I've got no ideas).

My complaint so far today: snooze buttons. They get me in trouble. I set three alarms for this morning knowing I'd have trouble getting up (my girlfriend called me at 2AM because she couldn't sleep, so naturally, if she can't, I can't <_< So I had to talk to her until she was sleepy). I hit snooze on 1 alarm, and completely turned off the other two alarms. I didn't even realize how many times I had hit snooze on the one alarm though until my dog was whining because I wasn't up. It had been an hour...and he was hungry and had to go to the bathroom. I'm glad I've gotten him on a schedule lol. ;)

Why the heck do I have to pay the State of NY a solitary dollar bill in order to return license plates to them that have already been paid for? Shouldn't I get money back? Like returning a couple of big flat beer cans?

Makes me really glad that I don't live in NYS anymore. As much as I miss certain attributes from it, there are others that I don't. The cons outweigh the pros by a ton.

My complaint for the week:

Thanks to all the smiley faces out there, I'll never be able to read a book the old way again. I was in the middle of reading Tracts and Letters, Volume 1 by John Calvin and came across "; )" (without the space in between so that way it doesn't become an emoticon on here).

Oh, for a simpler day and age :(

EDIT: Oh, BTW. This is just sooooooooo wrong...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_fFF50A53A&feature=share

Edited by Oliver_Cromwell

Here is a SabreSpace related complaint. I cannot use any of the reply options (emoticons, quote button, buttons to attach pics or links, font or text size box, etc) at my work computer. They are greyed out when I reply to a post. It happens in the quick reply box AND if I select "More Reply Option". Happens when I quote another post too. It isn't happening at home so I do not think it is related to a setting for my account.

Ideas anyone?

1. hang in there man. you'll find something.

2. it could be a limitation of your browser implemented by IT. i have similar issues, in that i can't use various normal functions of firefox on ANY web page-- not just this one. frustrating, to be sure, but nothing you can do about it either. sucks.

this complaint is lame in the grand scheme of thing but: I went and got Black Ops 2 and I preordered so I could have this extra bonus map. Turns out the 1 game mode for which I would really want the extra map does not come with the pre-order but only with the deluxe editions... so basically I get the map but can't use it for the 1 mode I play most... thanks, ######.

thats what I am looking for in a girl ;)

Girl yes, super-spy: not so much.

Huh - I'm looking for a redhead wearing a brunette trenchcoat...and nothing else. :wub:

That's pretty much what I have, replacing the trenchcoat with my Sabres jersey. No, you can't see the pictures.

I think I have derailed the Complaint thread for the first time ever.

I blame LPF ... he got me started.

Girl yes, super-spy: not so much.

She's no spy ... she's a common thief.

LPF thinks she has the famous tower from Paris in that small case she is carrying. I know what's in that case and it ain't that tower.

The roommate from hell expects to leave furniture in the apartment for some time AND not pay any of the rent. This girl is really clueless. I'm all ready to pull out the small claims court threat if she even tries.

Do you have a fireplace?