Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

The one I always liked to do with trucks was when idiots mess up construction merges, just pace a semi until things clear up in front. Drives people nuts behind you but semi drivers love it.

I wish more people would do that one. I hate all the people who zoom ahead when they know everyone has moved over for a lane closure.

The one I always liked to do with trucks was when idiots mess up construction merges, just pace a semi until things clear up in front. Drives people nuts behind you but semi drivers love it.

I wish more people would do that one. I hate all the people who zoom ahead when they know everyone has moved over for a lane closure.

I do that all the time. It drives me nuts when people try to zoom up ahead. just merge. The whole line will move faster if everyone just falls in...before the forced lane merge.

Chris in Utah... its not the kids its their parents and their complete lack of parenting which creates these douchebag children.

My complaint the youth of today, 16-25 year old folks. they all think they are 10 feet tall and bulletproof. This mentality had me bury 6 of this age group in the past 3 weeks. Drinking and driving , bath salts and other acts of plain stupidity. STOP!! Y'all are too too young to be laid to rest.Parents please take a strong interest in your childrens lives please

actually, that's sadly true. some of the kids who tried this were actually little kids, whose parents were standing right there. since they didn't say anything, i just took their kids hand, moved it out of the bowl with a smile, and said, "can you say, 'trick or treat'? THEN i'll GIVE you some candy!!" and invariably, the young ones were fine. the older, snotty kids just looked pissed as hell when i moved the bowl out of their reach.

i'm telling ya ... entitlement mentality *can* be stomped out, but you're right--it has to start with the parents teaching very basic, fundamental life concepts, like "something isn't yours unless you earn it," or "don't just take without asking ..." simple concepts, right? alas ... it's becoming a lost ideal.

and as for you having to bury young kids for recklessness, that's gotta be hard, man. i feel for ya.

There's no Buffalo Vs. Phoenix GDT, so the only two active threads today are Politics and Weather.

there also won't be a buffalo @ phoenix GDT on 10 november, which pisses me off since i had excellent tix for that game. my girls were gonna get to go to their first NHL game, and i was going to get them on the path to rabid fandom. instead, we're spending that saturday and sunday in moab. great trade-off, but still sucks that there's no hockey.

Ugh. this afternoon I was tasked with documentation of operational processes so that someone else can get our equipment up and running more expeditiously when it is moved to Pontiac. And of course I am supposed to delegate it to the rest of my group as wel.. As if we give a ###### about making life easier for the folks in Pontiac that will be doing our work.

Edited by weave

Ugh. this afternoon I was tasked with documentation of operational processes so that someone else can get our equipment up and running more expeditiously when it is moved to Pontiac. And of course I am supposed to delegate it to the rest of my group as wel.. As if we give a ###### about making life easier for the folks in Pontiac that will be doing our work.

I won't be buying a '13-'14 GM..........thanks for the heads up.

My dad lost his job last week, one day before his 61st birthday. That now puts my dad, my step mom, and my mom (2+ years) all out of work.

Sorry...that's crap.

We got a good amount of snow yesterday, so that of course brought the idiots back out on the road. As I was parking last night I noticed a woman driving a dark car without her lights on. She of course completely ignored me as I flashed my lights at her.

And earlier in the night I had stopped at a store for some groceries. It had snowed enough while I was there that I needed to brush the car off. But when I got back to my car, I found that a guy had parked at such a horrendous angle next to me that I couldn't get into the driver side door. No big deal, I had to run to one other store quickly. When I get back the second time, the guy is getting in his car. But of course he was one of those lazy Fs who refuses to brush any snow off his car. So he's trying to back out of the spot with zero visibility out of any window except for the wiper marks on his windshield. I made my "you're an ass" point very obvious by standing directly in front of his car waiting for him to back out so that I could actually get into mine. He kept going back and forth because he had no clue how close he was to anything or if any cars were coming (none were). It must have taken him a good 3 minutes to get out of that spot. He has helplessly looking in my direction in hope of me directing him out, but I wasn't going to say a word unless he came close to hitting anything.

People who do the least amount of work, yet complain about how much they are doing.

^This is a daily issue that I deal with at work.

We got a good amount of snow yesterday, so that of course brought the idiots back out on the road. As I was parking last night I noticed a woman driving a dark car without her lights on. She of course completely ignored me as I flashed my lights at her.

And earlier in the night I had stopped at a store for some groceries. It had snowed enough while I was there that I needed to brush the car off. But when I got back to my car, I found that a guy had parked at such a horrendous angle next to me that I couldn't get into the driver side door. No big deal, I had to run to one other store quickly. When I get back the second time, the guy is getting in his car. But of course he was one of those lazy Fs who refuses to brush any snow off his car. So he's trying to back out of the spot with zero visibility out of any window except for the wiper marks on his windshield. I made my "you're an ass" point very obvious by standing directly in front of his car waiting for him to back out so that I could actually get into mine. He kept going back and forth because he had no clue how close he was to anything or if any cars were coming (none were). It must have taken him a good 3 minutes to get out of that spot. He has helplessly looking in my direction in hope of me directing him out, but I wasn't going to say a word unless he came close to hitting anything.

Send some of the snow this way, would ya? I seriously hate people that don't bother brushing off their windows though. It's a hazard! OY!

Condescending snobs. That's my complaint for today. Don't brag to me about your beach house or new condo, or how you can afford to fly back and forth between the two. I actually work my ass off for what I have, and I'm proud of where I come from. Good for you for being spoon fed by you parents. Don't throw it in my face though :censored:

My complaint. People that blow their friggin nose in a restaurant. People are eating here already. Your killin me. Go to the damn bathroom to empty the mucus and snot from your sinus you rude basterd. You just ruined my dining experience and I've lost my appetite.

My complaint. People that blow their friggin nose in a restaurant. People are eating here already. Your killin me. Go to the damn bathroom to empty the mucus and snot from your sinus you rude basterd. You just ruined my dining experience and I've lost my appetite.

I had a lady waiting in line to vote for Obama in MD. She was sneezing and sneezing and sneezing. It's not like one more Barack vote in MD mattered.

Selling a Suburban in this economy is hard.

Also, inheriting a car from my (still living) grandfather is awesome. It's going to save me so much money. But man is it ominous of things to come. As he was signing the paperwork he said something to the effect of "I've been driving for 70 years, it's hard to think I won't be doing it anymore." I held it together at their house but broke down when I got home. Sure I'm glad to keep driving it for him, but I feel like I'm signing his death notice. Brutal.

Also, inheriting a car from my (still living) grandfather is awesome. It's going to save me so much money. But man is it ominous of things to come. As he was signing the paperwork he said something to the effect of "I've been driving for 70 years, it's hard to think I won't be doing it anymore." I held it together at their house but broke down when I got home. Sure I'm glad to keep driving it for him, but I feel like I'm signing his death notice. Brutal.

Maybe he just has the good sense to know he shouldn't be driving anymore. Too bad more seniors didn't take this initiative and get off the roads while they can still make the decision on their own. Good for him. I feel for you though. Its tough seeing our parents and grandparents age. In our youth the very people we saw as being able to handle anything.

Having been through this three times now, I can tell you taking away the driving priviledge is one of the hardest things to do and the hardest things to live with. Your world shrinks dramatically.

Having been through this three times now, I can tell you taking away the driving priviledge is one of the hardest things to do and the hardest things to live with. Your world shrinks dramatically.

He made the decision himself since his health has plummeted in the last year after a chiropractor broke him. But holy crap is it tough. It's going to take me a while to get over the stigma of the situation.

Very tough week. I'm in a Y guides tribe with my son, and we lost one of the dad's last Friday at the age of 50. His son is in the same class at school with my son as well. A seven year old boy who has to grow up without a father. Very sad. I dreaded telling my son about it and when I did it went better than I thought it would, but I don't think he fully gets it yet.

Very tough week. I'm in a Y guides tribe with my son, and we lost one of the dad's last Friday at the age of 50. His son is in the same class at school with my son as well. A seven year old boy who has to grow up without a father. Very sad. I dreaded telling my son about it and when I did it went better than I thought it would, but I don't think he fully gets it yet.

That's rough stuff. :(

Edited by d4rksabre

OMG, this x1000. I hate it when people blow their nose in public at all, really (sometimes unavoidable, but usually you can at least step over to a corner or out in a hall or something). My gross coworker is constantly blowing his nose in the lab all of 6 feet from me, and every time I cringe. Ick.

Sorry to hear about that. :(

Mine for today: people suck. The author of one of the food blogs I read regularly had generously offered to donate any income above and beyond the prior month's ad revenue to the hurricane relief, as she has family in that area and was very close to the situation. It sounded like a great idea because it was a way for the readers to contribute indirectly, just by browsing more recipes and the like (which we do already). Unbelievably, the poor girl actually got HATE MAIL from @ssholes who criticized her for just trying to up her own profits, etc etc so she ended up dropping the idea. How can some people be so effing miserable that they'd rather bash someone trying to help than do anything productive to help themselves? :censored:

Maybe he just has the good sense to know he shouldn't be driving anymore. Too bad more seniors didn't take this initiative and get off the roads while they can still make the decision on their own. Good for him. I feel for you though. Its tough seeing our parents and grandparents age. In our youth the very people we saw as being able to handle anything.

My grandpa turned 95 in July. He was driving up until his 94th birthday, when he failed the IL license test (once you hit 80-something you have to take it every year). He's still pissed off about losing it. They live in a gated retirement community and he'll still drive within the community, and has even "stolen" my grandma's car (she's 91 and just passed the test again) a few times to run to Walgreen's, which is just outside the gates. My aunt had a fit when she found out.

Edited by ChileanSeaBass

My grandpa turned 95 in July. He was driving up until his 94th birthday, when he failed the IL license test (once you hit 80-something you have to take it every year). He's still pissed off about losing it. They live in a gated retirement community and he'll still drive within the community, and has even "stolen" my grandma's car (she's 91 and just passed the test again) a few times to run to Walgreen's, which is just outside the gates. My aunt had a fit when she found out.

Power to the people!!!