Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

So, I've had a pain in my side for about 2 weeks now. I thought it would go away but it didn't. So I went to the doctor this morning and went for some tests. Turns out I have hairline crack in my rib. WTF? How did that happen?

Falling out of the sex swing? (I apologize; I'm just indulging a light fantasy....) Seriously, I hope you feel better soon!

My complaint: common courtesy in the office. It is not necessary to have a ridiculously loud conversation right outside my cubicle, especially when two of the three participants have an actual office with a door that closes. It would've been great for them to go in there anyways since what they were talking about should not be common knowledge to all the employees in the general vicinity. Also, I'M ON THE DAMN PHONE WITH A CUSTOMER! :censored: :wallbash:

I've asked nicely for people to take their conversations and gatherings elsewhere, because as a sales engineer, more than half of my job requires me to use a phone, and it is so distracting having people loudly converse next to you while on said phone. I'm not sure if I'm going to take the passively aggressive route, and forward an email on general office courtesy that was sent out a year ago, or what...but it's getting annoying.

My pet peeve is when two people who have perfectly servicable office just steps away feel it necessary to have an impromptu meeting in the stairwell, completely blocking passage. At least walk the few steps up (or down) to a landing so people could squeeze by!

The fiancee's crappy roommate (I'm sure most of you remember the previous stories) now has complained that my fiancee has been showing no common courtesy towards her. This is the same "person" (I use that term very loosely) who:

-gets wasted every single night and then stumbles around the apartment loudly for hours at 2 am all while the fiancee needs to wake up at 5:30

-steals her food, whether it's is brand new stuff or leftovers, nothing is off limits

-brings back random guys with her, one of which has walked into my fiancee's room while she's sleeping (yeah, you remember that story)

-has random drunks pass out on the couch while watching tv, making it incredible awkward for the fiancee to walk by them to take a shower in the morning

-leaves mounds of dirty dishes on the counter and oven

-never cleans anything

-has made the front porch unusable due to the odor of cigarette smoke (even though the landlord wrote in a no smoking clause in the will)

So yeah, there's lots to respect there.

Yikes man... hopefully before long you two will be living together and the craptacular roomie will be out of the picture for good.

So, I've had a pain in my side for about 2 weeks now. I thought it would go away but it didn't. So I went to the doctor this morning and went for some tests. Turns out I have hairline crack in my rib. WTF? How did that happen?

Have you been hanging around Jordan Leopold? ;) Feel better, Chz!

For me: why in God's name must B vitamins smell and taste so incredibly awful?? Can't they find a way to mask it with some kind of coating? I want to gag every time I open the bottle.

Sabre Dance beat me to it.

Your bf needs a gentler touch when you guys are ... well, you know.

Hope you heal up soon and well.

Sabre Dance beat me to it.

Your bf needs a gentler touch when you guys are ... well, you know.

Hope you heal up soon and well.

Can't be that.

I do sleepwalk once in a while. Maybe I ran into something? It just hurts all the time. Not really super painful but like someone attached one of those binder clips to my side and left it there.

I've been going out of my mind to find a job of some sort, but have had zero luck. Last Friday I got a call and went in for an interview with a place that afternoon. The interview went well and I was told "you'll hear from our main office about a second interview either today or Monday." Okay, great!

Nothing Monday. On Tuesday I call the guy who called me Friday asking what's up and he sounds shocked their office hasn't called yet. Says he'll make sure they do. Nope, nothing.

I call again yesterday, leave a voicemail. Nothing. At this point I'm fired up because I've noticed the company has reposted the listing for the job. I figure I'm being screwed around.

Then they call me at 10:00 this morning. Second interview is tomorrow morning.

I'm happy they called, but man, this has been stressful. I just want to work.

Can't be that.

I do sleepwalk once in a while. Maybe I ran into something? It just hurts all the time. Not really super painful but like someone attached one of those binder clips to my side and left it there.

Well, I hope it's not because you guys don't ... well, you know. Unless, of course, you have both decided to save that for marriage ... that does still happen. We did, sort of.

These injuries happen and often one can't remember what happened. It could have happened and then gone unnoticed until it was tweaked again.

I've been going out of my mind to find a job of some sort, but have had zero luck. Last Friday I got a call and went in for an interview with a place that afternoon. The interview went well and I was told "you'll hear from our main office about a second interview either today or Monday." Okay, great!

Nothing Monday. On Tuesday I call the guy who called me Friday asking what's up and he sounds shocked their office hasn't called yet. Says he'll make sure they do. Nope, nothing.

I call again yesterday, leave a voicemail. Nothing. At this point I'm fired up because I've noticed the company has reposted the listing for the job. I figure I'm being screwed around.

You're young and have a long working life ahead of you ... get used to this kind of BS.

July. But then she has to live with me for the rest of her life. It may be a slight upgrade, but not much.

just as long as you don't steal her food (read: favorite snacks...I made the mistake of eating the last brownie in a batch my girlfriend made :oops: ), and follow D4rk's and Chz's advice, you'll be fine.

Since noone has said it yet, good luck. I'm finding out first hand just how badly looking for a job sucks. I haven't been unemployed since I was 15. I'll be damned if that status is going to change on January 5.

Since noone has said it yet, good luck. I'm finding out first hand just how badly looking for a job sucks. I haven't been unemployed since I was 15. I'll be damned if that status is going to change on January 5.

Thanks buddy. And good luck to you too.

I haven't been unemployed without it being my choice in just as long. I've always had work when I needed it. This is the hardest it has ever been to find a job. I think people are scared of hiring grad students because they expect me to be gone in six months, which isn't true. My girlfriend nailed it yesterday when she said I need to dumb down my résumé to meet the job.

Edited by d4rksabre

Good luck! I know how fortunate I am to have a job and I understand the stress of looking. The worst part is the waiting. Good luck and nail it!

the interview not chz, shes borken...

feel better chz a cracked rip is rough, my brother had 2 and it is just uncomfortable for a long time.

way to play the intrepid card, man. initiative when no one else has called shows balls. that can go either way, but generally favored. nice job!

Best of luck. hit me up Saturday at the RIT games. I'll buy you a beer (hopefully a congratulatory one!!!)

For me: why in God's name must B vitamins smell and taste so incredibly awful?? Can't they find a way to mask it with some kind of coating? I want to gag every time I open the bottle.

I use a sublingual liquid B-complex made by Nature's Bounty (available at Rite-Aid and other pharmacies, I'm sure). I have a little problem absorbing B-vitamins through my gut, so the sublingual makes sense. The taste is pretty good - kind of like a fake citrusy-orange. You put a dropperful under the tongue, hold it there for 30 seconds and then swallow the rest.

Good luck!

Do some research on your employer, practice your answers, get there 5 min. early and show enthusiasm and appreciation for the opportunity. You will do great.

I use a sublingual liquid B-complex made by Nature's Bounty (available at Rite-Aid and other pharmacies, I'm sure). I have a little problem absorbing B-vitamins through my gut, so the sublingual makes sense. The taste is pretty good - kind of like a fake citrusy-orange. You put a dropperful under the tongue, hold it there for 30 seconds and then swallow the rest.

Thanks, I'll have to check that out!

The WBEN morning show(John Zak & Susan Rose) give WGR(same ownership) a run for their money. Ever since the election primaries started, they rehash the same political crap over and over and over again. Same political analysts over and over and over again. Day after a debate...debate talk for 4 hours. Day after a debate...debate talk for 4 hours. Jam in weather and traffic a couple of times an hour, and that is your 4 hour show.

Sorry but if I want to hear about politics for a 4 hour period, WBEN wouldn't be in my top 500 list.

Hire some reporters and cover some local stories, or just read the Buffalo News local section word for word. GIVE IT A REST!

Thanks buddy. And good luck to you too.

I haven't been unemployed without it being my choice in just as long. I've always had work when I needed it. This is the hardest it has ever been to find a job. I think people are scared of hiring grad students because they expect me to be gone in six months, which isn't true. My girlfriend nailed it yesterday when she said I need to dumb down my résumé to meet the job.

I don't think it is the grad student they are afraid of, it is that there are so many folks in the market for a job that if you don't exactly meet the qualifications they are looking for chances are really, really good that someone else who applied does.

Back about 4-6 months ago I was actively interviewing for new engineers in our group. We could easily find exactly what we wanted. Usually we had a choice of folks with the exact background we needed and therefore didn't need to "settle" for someone with gaps in their qualifications. That stands in direct contrast to the hiring we did a few years prior. The job market was much healthier then and we almost always had to make do with someone who didn't have everything we wanted but interviewed well enough to convince us that the gaps were fillable.

Stupid on field trophy presentation for the AL Championship. 20 minutes standing around while they setup a stage. Turn the players loose in the locker room, break out the champagne, and put it on the big board so the fans can watch.

I take it the Yankees lost?