Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I heard a commercial on a Buffalo radio station yesterday morning. I think it was a commercial for a heating company, or maybe it was a window company. One of the lines in the commercial was "I was literally throwing money out of my window". No you dumb a$$ ad writer, you were not literally throwing money out of the window. You were figuratively throwing money out the window.

Don't advertising people like, go to school and stuff?

Grown adults acting like children, then patronizing me after I treat them like the children that they are acting as.

Had the QA manager ask me to take pictures of two products before they left the building, and he told me that he's asking me because nobody else knows how to use the company's digital camera. To that I thought, this is a medium sized business, with mostly engineers working here. You are a quality manager that has been in the business for a while. You don't know how to use a digital camera, and you can't ask for help? Instead he asks me to do it for him (this is a common occurrence, and before, he told me he didn't know how to upload the pics to his computer, to which I gave detailed instructions to do so). So while he's standing over my shoulder as I take these photographs, holding me up from my own work, he has the nerve to ask for step by step directions on how to use the camera.

I got what I thought was the last laugh: I took pictures of the camera, and made a step by step instructions that a 1 yr old could follow. (i.e. (1) set camera bag on desk (2) carefully unsnap camera bag (3) carefully take camera out of bag (4) pinch the sides of lens cap and pull to remove, etc.). I had pictures, and arrows and thought the whole time, I was being a dick. Well he emailed me this morning with an email that says "Great job on the instructions Dennis, this will be Very helpful" :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: IT WAS AN INSULT TO YOUR INTELLIGENCE YOU ######!

Grown adults acting like children, then patronizing me after I treat them like the children that they are acting as.

Had the QA manager ask me to take pictures of two products before they left the building, and he told me that he's asking me because nobody else knows how to use the company's digital camera. To that I thought, this is a medium sized business, with mostly engineers working here. You are a quality manager that has been in the business for a while. You don't know how to use a digital camera, and you can't ask for help? Instead he asks me to do it for him (this is a common occurrence, and before, he told me he didn't know how to upload the pics to his computer, to which I gave detailed instructions to do so). So while he's standing over my shoulder as I take these photographs, holding me up from my own work, he has the nerve to ask for step by step directions on how to use the camera.

I got what I thought was the last laugh: I took pictures of the camera, and made a step by step instructions that a 1 yr old could follow. (i.e. (1) set camera bag on desk (2) carefully unsnap camera bag (3) carefully take camera out of bag (4) pinch the sides of lens cap and pull to remove, etc.). I had pictures, and arrows and thought the whole time, I was being a dick. Well he emailed me this morning with an email that says "Great job on the instructions Dennis, this will be Very helpful" :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: IT WAS AN INSULT TO YOUR INTELLIGENCE YOU ######!

and the fact he didn't get that makes it all the more amusing... great job! :thumbsup:

Filling out lengthy questionnaires for big companies when I submit an application. Look, I get that you're trying to weed out the idiots and the psychos, but some of these questions, especially the old "agree, disagree, don't know" crap are...stupid.

I wonder how many times I've been passed over because my answers don't fit some matrix they have?

I'm still at work (and I got here around 9:45am). :( And for this weekend, some jerkoff decided we should have a departmental "retreat" (translation: waste an entire day in a conference room with your coworkers) on Saturday from 8:30am-5pm. Why the F couldn't we have this thing during the week, you ask? "Faculty have teaching obligations, students have class, etc." You know, they do the course schedule pretty far in advance, and there are certain times of the year when there aren't any classes at all (fall break, winter break, etc). If they'd scheduled this thing a long time ago, they could have planned accordingly. Now I need to get up early and waste an entire Saturday with the same ###### I see all week long, listening to research presentations that are just abbreviated versions of the ones given at our weekly departmental seminars. And since we're all salaried, no extra pay. Thanks a lot. :censored:

woke up at 1:15 am. couldn't go back to sleep. tossed and turned, finally gave in. sat on the edge of the bed for a good 2 hours playing some phone game (tentacles or something). still couldn't sleep. took a long, hot shower. thought that'd knock the wake right out. nope. instead, i was awake, wet, and had no towel. stood in the bathroom to air dry rather than stumble through the house, looking for a towel since the closet was empty, and potentially wake up my kids (awkward ...). by the time i got dressed, it was 5:45, so i thought, "what the hell. i'll just go to work."

got in here, promptly fell asleep. boss nudged me awake. "you okay?" told him the whole saga. he walked away, came back with a coke zero for me.

awesome that my boss is so nice, yet so unbearably sh**ty, falling asleep at work.

woke up at 1:15 am. couldn't go back to sleep. tossed and turned, finally gave in. sat on the edge of the bed for a good 2 hours playing some phone game (tentacles or something). still couldn't sleep. took a long, hot shower. thought that'd knock the wake right out. nope. instead, i was awake, wet, and had no towel. stood in the bathroom to air dry rather than stumble through the house, looking for a towel since the closet was empty, and potentially wake up my kids (awkward ...). by the time i got dressed, it was 5:45, so i thought, "what the hell. i'll just go to work."

got in here, promptly fell asleep. boss nudged me awake. "you okay?" told him the whole saga. he walked away, came back with a coke zero for me.

awesome that my boss is so nice, yet so unbearably sh**ty, falling asleep at work.

that sucks dude! best of luck staying awake the rest of the day. I tossed and turned all night, but at least got some shut eye. Other than that, I don't have any complaints yet today...we'll see how long that lasts with the way stuff has been going here at work lately.

Constantly going back and forth between Disney air conditioning and Disney 90 degree high humidity has taken its toll on me. I passed out at about 6 last night and still feel like crap today. I was hoping that last night was the peak of this cold, but so far today hasn't offered any change.

OK, the facility is shutting down in a couple months. I get that some people aren't going to give a sh!t. I even have sympathy for the feeling. But I just walked into the bathroom and someone had a full out assplosion in one of the stalls. Made me want to puke. And why? Was that your sh!tting on them, like they are sh!tting on you moment? All you have done is made the janitors' day suck. And give the rest of the almost 400 employees here one less hole to use until the janitor staff gets here. And the rest of the joint stinks now too.

Feck you you filthy, selfish bastage. The only folks you affected are the ones in the same boat as you are.

OK, the facility is shutting down in a couple months. I get that some people aren't going to give a sh!t. I even have sympathy for the feeling. But I just walked into the bathroom and someone had a full out assplosion in one of the stalls. Made me want to puke. And why? Was that your sh!tting on them, like they are sh!tting on you moment? All you have done is made the janitors' day suck. And give the rest of the almost 400 employees here one less hole to use until the janitor staff gets here. And the rest of the joint stinks now too.

Feck you you filthy, selfish bastage. The only folks you affected are the ones in the same boat as you are.

That sucks. Someone on Howard Stern's staff recently did the assplosion thing in their mens room. They took swabs to send out for DNA analysis, Howard gave his staff one last chance for the culprit to come forward or else he would fire the offender when they DNA results came back. It took about two minutes for the guy to confess. This would likely still work in your case because if they are able to fire someone with cause then they won't be eligible for unemployment benefits.

Edited by Claude_Verret

Very, very valid complaint. Heck, I get angry when somebody doesn't give a courtesy flush to get rid of the faintest skid marks, let alone what you're describing (both in the literal and symbolic sense).

First, I'm really sorry your shop is closing down. That really stinks.

Second, this incident you're describing -- are you saying that the shrapnel was not confined to the bowl? That someone intentionally sprayed the surrounding area?

If so, that is unbelievable and I heartily endorse the Howard Stern approach.

That sucks. Someone on Howard Stern's staff recently did the assplosion thing in their mens room. They took swabs to send out for DNA analysis, Howard gave his staff one last chance for the culprit to come forward or else he would fire the offender when they DNA results came back. It took about two minutes for the guy to confess. This would likely still work in your case because if they are able to fire someone with cause then they won't be eligible for unemployment benefits.

I know you didn't want well-wishes, weave, but I'm gonna offer them anyhow cuz that sucks no matter who you are. Maybe this will give you a chance to explore a food/drink-related occupation, since you clearly have a passion for that sort of thing. Whatever happens, best of luck.

And the bathroom thing... so gross. And nfreeman's comment about shrapnel has me cracking up.

My (very lame) complaint: mangos. If they weren't so delicious I would say to hell with them, because they are exasperating to prepare. I feel like I waste half the fruit trying to find edible material around the weird and ill-formed cartilaginous pit.

Bio,

Thank you for the bday wishes. My profile is accurate and it was a good day.

Now ...

My (very lame) complaint: mangos. If they weren't so delicious I would say to hell with them, because they are exasperating to prepare. I feel like I waste half the fruit trying to find edible material around the weird and ill-formed cartilaginous pit.

Is that the word of the day?

Anyway, mangos are like that by design. So, one will never be able to eat a whole one. If one did they would likely have an explosive bathroom moment. Possibly similar to what weave happened upon. Not pretty, indeed.

I love mangos, but am always careful never to go overboard.

I've pooped in public less times than Andrew Peters has NHL goals.

But if you've read Weave's booze and food threads.....you may understand the need for a sidetrip

Rich diet aside, why would you take a seat break on your own time when you can do it on the company dime, am I right? :P

First, I'm really sorry your shop is closing down. That really stinks.

Second, this incident you're describing -- are you saying that the shrapnel was not confined to the bowl? That someone intentionally sprayed the surrounding area?

If so, that is unbelievable and I heartily endorse the Howard Stern approach.

Yeah, it was a splattershot. Fecking disgusting. I hope the summanabritch soiled his clothes with that mess.

I know you didn't want well-wishes, weave, but I'm gonna offer them anyhow cuz that sucks no matter who you are. Maybe this will give you a chance to explore a food/drink-related occupation, since you clearly have a passion for that sort of thing. Whatever happens, best of luck.

And the bathroom thing... so gross. And nfreeman's comment about shrapnel has me cracking up.

Thanks. I have a business plan I've toyed with for a number of years as an insurance policy if the job hunt runs dry. I'm not a risk taker by nature or I'd be in the food/beer biz already. But, if I've got nuthin to lose it's not really a risk, right?