Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I have internet here through AT&T. Within two weeks of installation the modem fried, sometime in the middle of the night Sunday night. They told me on Monday that they wouldn't be able to get anyone out for the 5 minute replacement until Wednesday, and I talked them into Tuesday between 4-8pm. Tuesday afternoon i was caught on campus a little longer than I wanted to be, but I bicycled home fast enough to be pulling into the parking lot before 4, and in my apartment at 4:01. There were no AT&T trucks and I watched out the window for the next 4 hours with a book, and nobody showed up. 

I called after 8 and the machine told me I missed my service appointment. I yelled at the machine until they put a human on the line and the guy said that they had someone knock on my door at 4 and stand outside of it waiting for 15 minutes. I told him he was lying and described what happened. He agreed that their report was fishy and reported the incident to his supervisor, who he claimed was going to discipline the service people who lied about ever coming to my apartment. Don't worry, we'll have someone come out in 24 hours. So I had a 24 hour wait again, being without internet for over 20% of the first two and a half weeks I've paid for it. They finally fixed it yesterday within 5 minutes of walking in the door. 

Very frustrating. 

I'm sure you guessed it already but there is no way that employee is even remotely punished for that. 

For sure. I wrote them a letter with a lot of swear words and a mathematical derivation that proves the only way they are telling the truth is if I biked the distance between the entrance of the driveway and my door at 99.56% the speed of light. 

For sure. I wrote them a letter with a lot of swear words and a mathematical derivation that proves the only way they are telling the truth is if I biked the distance between the entrance of the driveway and my door at 99.56% the speed of light.

This belongs in the awesome thread :lol:

Finally got in with a GI doc. aaaand I have to go through tests next month I've been dreading for years... which is why I've put it off for years. It's not like it's a huge horrible deal, I just don't don't DON'T want to go through it. But this place is really thorough, between the 6 vials of blood taken and the other gross lab things I have to do, they want a good baseline of data so maybe I can finally find a treatment plan and live a more normal life, maybe eat something besides the BRAT diet for once. 

d4rk had food poisoning as mentioned above and I'm like... this is 4 days out of every week for me. Ready to find a way out of that. 

Can we see that letter? That's gold.

This belongs in the awesome thread :lol:

Exactly!

Can we see that letter? That's gold.

Exactly!

It's sent already, but using Einstein's train-platform thought experiment I showed them where the gamma factor comes from and how it becomes important at relativistic speeds, and then I simply plugged in the 1 minute from when I saw no vehicle and then got into my apartment and the 15 minutes they claim passed in that time, kindly reaffirming that they're full of . 

Finally got in with a GI doc. aaaand I have to go through tests next month I've been dreading for years... which is why I've put it off for years. It's not like it's a huge horrible deal, I just don't don't DON'T want to go through it. But this place is really thorough, between the 6 vials of blood taken and the other gross lab things I have to do, they want a good baseline of data so maybe I can finally find a treatment plan and live a more normal life, maybe eat something besides the BRAT diet for once. 

d4rk had food poisoning as mentioned above and I'm like... this is 4 days out of every week for me. Ready to find a way out of that. 

Good luck!!! I really hope they figure things out and get you feeling better.

It's sent already, but using Einstein's train-platform thought experiment I showed them where the gamma factor comes from and how it becomes important at relativistic speeds, and then I simply plugged in the 1 minute from when I saw no vehicle and then got into my apartment and the 15 minutes they claim passed in that time, kindly reaffirming that they're full of ######. 

Good luck!!! I really hope they figure things out and get you feeling better.

Did you actually write a hand written letter?!?  :huh:

Complaint of the day #2...

I just opened the fridge door in our office kitchen and was greeted by a glass bottle of salad dressing falling out of the door, breaking into about 8 pieces, and spilling the dressing all over the floor and my shoe. Took me a few minutes to clean it up, but now my shoe smells like some creamy yogurt/dill flavor and it's turning my stomach.

This fridge is jam-packed full every single day. People leave their food, soda, salad dressing, etc. in there for months on end. I've seen the same 8-oz container of yogurt in there for at least 6 months.

Why on Earth do people do this?

I just opened the fridge door in our office kitchen and was greeted by a glass bottle of salad dressing falling out of the door, breaking into about 8 pieces, and spilling the dressing all over the floor and my shoe. Took me a few minutes to clean it up, but now my shoe smells like some creamy yogurt/dill flavor and it's turning my stomach.

This fridge is jam-packed full every single day. People leave their food, soda, salad dressing, etc. in there for months on end. I've seen the same 8-oz container of yogurt in there for at least 6 months.

Because people, generally, are idiot a**holes?

I'm sure you guessed it already but there is no way that employee is even remotely punished for that. 

I'm not so sure.  I had a run-in with a cable guy (had his caution lights flashing in the neighborhood at like 1 am; I asked him if he could should them off and/or move down the street, he basically said piss off.  Mind you, he and the other guy in the truck were just sitting in the truck, not doing anything).  I came out with my camera to snap a picture of the "Don't like my driving?" phone number so I could report him.  He jumped out of his truck, demanded my camera and threatened me.  I told him if he touched me he'd spend the rest of the night in jail.

I called the number and the lady on the other end sounded like a professional grandma (Oh dear!  That's terrible!)  The next thing was bizarre:  The cable guy actually called the cops and they knocked on my door while I was on the phone.  I answered the door, told my side of it, mentioned I was on the phone with the "Don't like my driving?" lady, etc.  The cop told me he didn't understand why he'd been called and I was clearly in the right.

The next day, the guy's boss called me and asked me to explain what happened.  He mentioned that 1) There was no service call in my neighborhood and they guy shouldn't have even been there, and 2) There shouldn't have been a second guy in the truck.  He then flat-out asked me, "Do you want me to fire him?"  I said no.  The guy then gave me his name, address and cell phone number and said if anything else happened that was suspicious, to call him and he'd take care of it.

So.... I kind think that went on the cable guy's "Permanent Record."

Mmmmmm.... creamy dill.

Talk to the office manager or whoever is in charge and set up a normal cleanout schedule (like the last Friday of the month).  Put signs up a couple days before announcing the cleanout, then every month throw EVERYTHING in the fridge out and clean it up a little.  That's what they do in my office; no one complains.

You will need to post a e-mail, with delivery receipts, stating a meeting will occur to discuss.

Those not attending will have their dressings, etc. disposed of forthwith.

All will sign a statement of understanding on condiment/fridge use expiration.

All condiment spillage will incur a fine of $1 rising to $100 for multiple violations.

Worst wildfire season in decades in the interior has blotted out the local sky with a smokey haze for nearly a week now.

Feel bad complaining when it is far worse for the people where the fires are actually burning, but it is damn depressing not to see the blue above or the mountains on the horizon or the stars at night during some of the warmest days of the year.

Must be what it's like for the folks in Beijing all the time.

We've had the wettest August here in Texas that I can remember.  Usually everything is past brown at this point, it's usually DEAD.  Even trees often lose their leaves (they just turn brown and fall off) this time of year.  But not this year.  A thunderstorm rolled through last night at 3 am, and another one's predicted for tonight.  Crazy.

You will need to post a e-mail, with delivery receipts, stating a meeting will occur to discuss.

Those not attending will have their dressings, etc. disposed of forthwith.

All will sign a statement of understanding on condiment/fridge use expiration.

All condiment spillage will incur a fine of $1 rising to $100 for multiple violations.

You're nicer than me. I would just quietly throw everything out that looked old and then let the animals fight about it amongst themselves.

We've had the wettest August here in Texas that I can remember.  Usually everything is past brown at this point, it's usually DEAD.  Even trees often lose their leaves (they just turn brown and fall off) this time of year.  But not this year.  A thunderstorm rolled through last night at 3 am, and another one's predicted for tonight.  Crazy.

Been an extremely wet Spring & Summer in WNY too. Looks like we're having another one of those Pacific Ocean El Nympho's. Though this year she seems serious.

You're nicer than me. I would just quietly throw everything out that looked old and then let the animals fight about it amongst themselves.

Years ago, there were tons of frozen dinners in the fridge that had been there forever. I discretely put an X on each, and after a couple months (our food policy was something like 30 days and it gets tossed), I got free lunches for awhile. :devil:

Edited by MattPie

At my last office, we'd have a fridge purge every last wednesday of the month. 

It always incited a minor riot, because someone would get butthurt when their 3 week old pizza slice got tossed and they couldn't be bothered to get out of their chair and walk 10 feet to claim it. 

I never left food in the fridge beyond the day I ate it. If you dared to, the bosses and friends would eat it all when they rolled back in from nightly bar hopping to play video games and drink more (yeah they pretty much lived there). Didn't matter if it was something you'd really worked on to make and have a big batch of or not, they'd scoff it up and pretend it didn't happen. Always was great if you were working late and they'd stumble in, eat your goddamn dinner in front of you and stumble back out. 

At my work once a month the entire thing gets cleaned out. Anything that is in there goes into the trash. Regardless of how new it looks if it's in there it's in the trash. An email goes out twice that week as a reminder.