Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I'm in a bad mood pretty much all the time now when I'm not in Rochester. I've been doing this "commute to Buffalo for the work week, go back to Rochester for the weekend" thing for 2-1/2 years now and I've really reached my wits end with it in the last month. Knowing that we're finally going to be done with this when our lease in Rochester is up at the end of May is making me all the more frustrated. The end is in sight, and I just want it to be here now. I want to feel like I have a home again. 

On top of that the political climate, not being able to be there for Josie when she's sick, financial worries (are we buying a house or renting again? what kind of income is Josie going to have and when? Is my industry going to survive the Trump administration?), lack of inspiration or time to play hockey (which is usually my stress reliever), and a general lack of accomplishments (I really need to finish some of the books I'm reading, or pay off a credit card, or learn something new), I'm just very very annoyed by everything. I feel like I'm just constantly scowling.   

I need a vacation. 

Dude, that sucks. I was talking to a Solar City person at Home Despot the other day and I thought of you, and how the energy policy changes might affect.

Got in a pretty bad car accident back on Jan 30th.  a 93 year old man t-boned me pulling out of a shopping plaza.  Hit me right at the driver's door, which spun my 2015 Mazda 3 once, then flipped it upside down and I slid for a good 50 feet.  A few bystanders helped pull me out before fire/medic arrived on the scene.  Nothing too serious injury wise, but I'm sore as hell.  Getting a trio of MRIs done tomorrow on my neck, back and shoulder.  To top it off, both the old guy and I had Nationwide, so they kept trying to dick me over to minimize their losses.  It's been such an ordeal, and I've lost $3,500 I had in the car as it was a lease.  Now I get to go car shopping with a whopping $500.  

Got in a pretty bad car accident back on Jan 30th.  a 93 year old man t-boned me pulling out of a shopping plaza.  Hit me right at the driver's door, which spun my 2015 Mazda 3 once, then flipped it upside down and I slid for a good 50 feet.  A few bystanders helped pull me out before fire/medic arrived on the scene.  Nothing too serious injury wise, but I'm sore as hell.  Getting a trio of MRIs done tomorrow on my neck, back and shoulder.  To top it off, both the old guy and I had Nationwide, so they kept trying to dick me over to minimize their losses.  It's been such an ordeal, and I've lost $3,500 I had in the car as it was a lease.  Now I get to go car shopping with a whopping $500.  

1.  Glad you're ok, well mostly ok.

2.  That doesn't sound right.

Everything d4rk and WildCard said. February blues are so real. 

And my f**king kidneys.

Saturday ended up in ER with worst 10/10 pain of my life. Retched up dinner out of sheer pain. I've had a lot of bad pain, but never anything that intense and unwavering. They found one stone up in the kidney and said I'm probably passing another.

Well, figured I was finally coming around, and the pain returned last night. Not as bad, thank jeebus, but now I KNOW that little b@stard is still sitting in there, waiting to make its horrible move.... 

I feel like hell. I can't go work out for fear of bringing that hell down on me again. 

That and the whole crushing realization that I'm pretty much worthless to society/the world without a job and self worth. Yay! And my hospital/doctor bills will now eat up the rest of my savings! Yay yay yay!! I suck!  

And my f**king kidneys.

Saturday ended up in ER with worst 10/10 pain of my life. Retched up dinner out of sheer pain. I've had a lot of bad pain, but never anything that intense and unwavering. They found one stone up in the kidney and said I'm probably passing another.

Well, figured I was finally coming around, and the pain returned last night. Not as bad, thank jeebus, but now I KNOW that little b@stard is still sitting in there, waiting to make its horrible move....

I feel like hell. I can't go work out for fear of bringing that hell down on me again.

That and the whole crushing realization that I'm pretty much worthless to society/the world without a job and self worth. Yay! And my hospital/doctor bills will now eat up the rest of my savings! Yay yay yay!! I suck!

you don't suck. You're a talented individual from what I have seen. Stay with it, it'll happen for you. Hope you get well soon too ????

And my f**king kidneys.

Just don't pay the doctor. It'll stay on your credit for 7 or so years when they send it to collections but that's better than tanking all of your savings. My girlfriend had a grease fire in our kitchen last summer and got a bad burn on her hand and lesser burns on her arm and foot. Despite having insurance she still got billed for tens of thousands of dollars for deductibles, copays, and stuff her insurance wouldn't cover. She was going through the bills and had planned on starting with the smaller ones (a bill for $63, another one for $114, etc.) and paying them off before trying to negotiate on the others. I told her to add them all up and at last count it was over 20 grand and I convinced her there was no point in paying any of it. It still hasn't hit her credit report yet and she just got a loan for a new van last fall so at least if/when her score does tank she won't need a loan anytime soon.

Just don't pay the doctor. It'll stay on your credit for 7 or so years when they send it to collections but that's better than tanking all of your savings. My girlfriend had a grease fire in our kitchen last summer and got a bad burn on her hand and lesser burns on her arm and foot. Despite having insurance she still got billed for tens of thousands of dollars for deductibles, copays, and stuff her insurance wouldn't cover. She was going through the bills and had planned on starting with the smaller ones (a bill for $63, another one for $114, etc.) and paying them off before trying to negotiate on the others. I told her to add them all up and at last count it was over 20 grand and I convinced her there was no point in paying any of it. It still hasn't hit her credit report yet and she just got a loan for a new van last fall so at least if/when her score does tank she won't need a loan anytime soon.

That's wild.

This whole thing wont be that bad. Paying health insurance at all is the real savings drain. What an unbelievable scam health insurance is.  

Got in a pretty bad car accident back on Jan 30th. a 93 year old man t-boned me pulling out of a shopping plaza. Hit me right at the driver's door, which spun my 2015 Mazda 3 once, then flipped it upside down and I slid for a good 50 feet. A few bystanders helped pull me out before fire/medic arrived on the scene. Nothing too serious injury wise, but I'm sore as hell. Getting a trio of MRIs done tomorrow on my neck, back and shoulder. To top it off, both the old guy and I had Nationwide, so they kept trying to dick me over to minimize their losses. It's been such an ordeal, and I've lost $3,500 I had in the car as it was a lease. Now I get to go car shopping with a whopping $500.

Glad you're OK. If it was his fault, I'd be livid if they didn't reimburse me enough to cover all expenses and get another car without having to pay more. That's why we have insurance.

That's wild.

This whole thing wont be that bad. Paying health insurance at all is the real savings drain. What an unbelievable scam health insurance is.

Yeah it's an extra messed up system thanks in part to the profit motive. She couldn't afford to pay 20 grand when she only make 35 or 36 grand a year. There's really no incentive to pay part of it either because the bills are broken up and it will still put a dozen accounts into collections so why pay any of it?

I've never seen an insurance plan with a max out of pocket of $20,000. As bad as insurance has gotten, most still aren't over $10,000. You're getting hosed somewhere.

Edited by JJFIVEOH

I've never seen an insurance plan with a max out of pocket of $20,000. As bad as insurance has gotten, most still aren't over $10,000. You're getting hosed somewhere.

I think what happened was they (BC/BS) decided not to pay for some of the treatment. So the bills were a combined mix of bills from the insurance company, from the hospital themselves, as well as bills from the private ambulance companies. They ambulanced her to our local hospital and then again from Onslow Memorial (our local hospital) to Chapel Hill (about 2 hours away) and she spent a week or two over there. They ended up doing a xenograph (pig skin graft instead of taking skin from her thigh or elsewhere on her body) and BC/BS decided they weren't going to pay it. It's a mess but to hell with the lot of them. It can all go into collections and if she needs a loan in the near future I can always get one and just have her pay it. Either way, we're not going to be the ones to get hosed because we ain't paying it. They can pound sand or eat a bag of ###### before I let her pay them a red cent. Blue Cross and Chapel Hill can fight it out amongst themselves to see who takes the losses/write offs.

Edited by Drunkard

Just remember in 20 years after global warming really takes hold you'll be able to enjoy winters in the 50's while it will be triple digits in the winter where he's at. Until Florida get buried under the rising oceans of course.

Fake News.

Here's another complaint,... that "Fake News" is a thing.

First time to ever click on this thread. There's something therapeutic about reading about other's woes. Would not have guessed that.

I really don't feel like complaining today, however. Newly (re)married to a fantastic woman, job is OK, health is decent, kids are all more or less on track and healthy...life is good.

This is a really sh***y first post for this thread.  

First time to ever click on this thread. There's something therapeutic about reading about other's woes. Would not have guessed that.

I really don't feel like complaining today, however. Newly (re)married to a fantastic woman, job is OK, health is decent, kids are all more or less on track and healthy...life is good.

Hey, kid.

Beat it.

Geez, CSB and Jo... glad you're both okay(ish).

I'm getting really tired of 12+ hour days.  I'm glad the idiot they fired is gone because I find more things by the day that he either effed up or just never did, but good God, it's too much work for one person.  Yesterday I came in at 8am and stayed until 2am.  We have Monday off, but I'll probably be here, still trying to get something close to caught up.  I'm exhausted and miss having time and/or energy in the mornings to keep up a regular exercise routine.  And yet some sick part of me missed being busy at work after so long being bored and underutilized.  Still, I'd be quite happy if things would normalize to a full 9 hour day where I could keep up with everything.  I've got friends wanting to plan trips to visit in the next few months, and I can't give anyone a clear idea of when I'll actually be free to take time off work.   :(

Emailed a company on Monday to request a copy of the product manual for a piece of equipment we have that I thought I'd figured out, but is still not functioning properly.  (Incidentally, that manual seems to be the only thing the previous manager / hoarder did NOT save.)  They emailed me back the next day with the sales brochure for that line of products.  I responded and told them I'd located that file, but what I needed was the manual with operating instructions.  This morning I get a response telling me they want to set up a conference call with their technical support department.  What.  The.  F*ck.  It's a GD instruction manual.  Why is this not readily available online, and why on God's green earth do they think we need to have a conference call about it?!?   :censored:

Edited by biodork

I think I can help.

1) Develop a drinking problem

2) Beat your wife and kids

3) Dare her to call the cops

4) Tell the cops to piss off

5) Come on here the Thursday after this all happens and complain about police brutality

Welcome to the thread.

Edited by Drunkard

And my f**king kidneys.

That's wild.

Last week was full of 12 and 14 hour days. One tiny mistake and some decides to rip me a new one over it even though it cost no one a cent and he had no personal stake in it.

At least I live in a country where if I have to deal with stuff like the above it's paid for.

I think I can help.

1) Develop a drinking problem

2) Beat your wife and kids

3) Dare her to call the cops

4) Tell the cops to piss off

5) Come on here the Thursday after this all happens and complain about police brutality

Welcome to the thread.

I'll take that under advisement...thanks for the advice.  :unsure: