Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Being in customer support I deal with 3 types of clients (I had a run-in with all 3 today):

Indifferent: I don't care what you give me but I'm going to hate it when you give it to me.

Determinant: I need to you give me exactly what I ask for and then I will hate it.

Reluctant: You gave me exactly what I asked for!!! ....what was I thinking? Can you do this a different way that is pointless?

Now I'm finding out the goddamn idiot insurance agent back home has screwed up royally and I might be uninsured completely at the moment. Thank GOD I'm switching out of there. He already screwed up my rental policy. I also discovered i got suckered by the rental car place- they told me to sign on for insurance with them, it seemed like a "you need to do this or you can't drive this car" deal, so I did- just discovered that I'm covered anyways by my main insurance and am now on the hook for $200 bucks in worthless insurance because I'm too stupid/inexperienced to have known to say no.

I am beyond exhausted, I broke down sobbing at work, holy ###### I need a beer.

None of this latest ###### would have happened if the collision place had just done the damn repairs correctly the first time. How tough is it to put a damn swaybar on correctly and NOT upside down? Use unbent parts? Put a cotter pin in? ARGH

Contact the NY State Department of Financial Services. They handle complaints with insurance carriers. Long story that I won't get in to here but they were very helpful when I needed them to help me.

Got out, Saturday, but went back in on Tuesday for infected abscess and what turned out to be infected bacteria in my bloodstream (see up thread). Just got home about an hour ago, on the condition I may have to go back tomorrow. They gave me the highest powered antibiotic in pill form (Cipro), but it may not be strong enough, and I may need to get it via IV. if that's the case, then I get a pic installed tomorrow and get home delivery for two weeks.

Dr. Drane lays 3-5 they kicked you out for the bed and you end up with Vancomycin drip. Not only do you have the abcess, but now you have a drain which is another infection access point, and are already friggin septic.

Good luck. Don't be afraid to go back in if things aren't better or worse. If you start getting goofy, make a call.

Wow. I think this might be my first time ever with the first complaint on a Thursday. And it's 5:13 PM! I'm glad everyone else is so happy.

My complaint: I took my car in for what I thought was going to be a $40 oil change and inspection and it's gonna be a $2100 event. And I have no freaking idea whether I'm being ripped off.

Wow. I think this might be my first time ever with the first complaint on a Thursday. And it's 5:13 PM! I'm glad everyone else is so happy.

My complaint: I took my car in for what I thought was going to be a $40 oil change and inspection and it's gonna be a $2100 event. And I have no freaking idea whether I'm being ripped off.

What's the issue? Regardless, I think it's worth taking it elsewhere for a second opinion. Even if luck is against you and you get ticketed in the interim, it could still save you two grand.

:censored:

It's almost April 30th and all the days seem the same ... didn't realize that it's Thursday.

My wife, who has chronic health issues that are quite bad, may have had a small (?) stroke. Trying to even speak with her Neurologist is a nightmare.

On top of all that, it's freezing rain here in Halifax.

I have a bunch, mostly petty...

-I hate when your nails are too long to not be annoying, but not quite long enough to cut.

-Why are news sites so GD clunky and take forever to load. They make me want to stay uninformed.

-The term phablet.

-Got a call from the school nurse this morning tell ing us that our 6 month streak has ended. Always a day killer, then go to work only to find out that it's "take your kid to work day." Grrr. Gotta remember to take this off next year.

-Girlscout cookies.

Driving to work today my transmission started shifting hard. My slush box isn't slushy. Now I get to take it to the shop tomorrow morning so they can find another way to take my money. And I just dropped a ton of money on front struts. Ugh.

Haven't had more than 4 hrs of sleep since Saturday. I need to find a way to get to sleep early tonight and stay asleep until the alarm goes off. Both have been challenges lately.

No caffeine after noon and melatonin before bed. SwampDr's orders.

Oof -- good luck with that, nfreeman.

It's almost April 30th and all the days seem the same ... didn't realize that it's Thursday.

My wife, who has chronic health issues that are quite bad, may have had a small (?) stroke. Trying to even speak with her Neurologist is a nightmare.

Sending well-wishes for your wife, NS.

Don't know how I missed this. Good luck.

I was in a happy phase for the past two weeks since Union won the national championship...that honeymoon is over.

My co-worker has been there for a year and still doesn't know our network topology...which is his job.

The wife travels for work this week and next, while I travel the following week, then go on a guys-only golf vacation the week after. I like alone time, but this is nuts.

My thoughts and best wishes also go to your wife, NS.

Let's see, I am still single, almost got into a fight last weekend because my buddy is a moron and decided to be alpha male best part was me dragging him away while a cop threatened to arrest him, a group of my friends invited me to dinner the following day but then didn't bother to ever text me details until 3 hours after they had already eaten said dinner, and giving blood at the doctors office made me break out in a cold sweat and almost barf... great week. <_<

Edited by LGR4GM

It was monsoon season here in the mid-Atlantic. We had hellacious rains for the last two days, capped off by yesteday's dawn to dusk and beyond deluge. I got caught driving out of DC on I-95. It was can't-see-the-car-in-front-of-you raining hard. The number of outright idiots on the road exceeded anything I have ever seen, including blizzard driving. I-95 was ponding water everywhere. Folks were absolutely driving well past any sane speed. Weaving in and out, locking up the breaks, etc. Crazy, crazy times. Most miserable trip in weather I have had in recent memory (I probably have forgotten a lot!)

Edited by wjag

Water in the basement after a heavy rain.

I just assume all houses are floating at this point.

It was monsoon season here in the mid-Atlantic. We had hellacious rains for the last two days, capped off by yesteday's dawn to dusk and beyond deluge. I got caught driving out of DC on I-95. It was can't-see-the-car-in-front-of-you raining hard. The number of outright idiots on the road exceeded anything I have ever seen, including blizzard driving. I-95 was ponding water everywhere. Folks were absolutely driving well past any sane speed. Weaving in and out, locking up the breaks, etc. Crazy, crazy times. Most miserable trip in weather I have had in recent memory (I probably have forgotten a lot!)

I remember driving in a storm like that one time years back. I was in the left lane of the 90 in western MA (just happened to be out there in that lane when the rain started) and I couldn't see a thing in any direction. Out of nowhere I get flashing cop lights behind me and it freaked me out. I moved to the right lane even thought I couldn't see it and then the cop immediately turned his lights off and took off. I have no idea why he needed to drive that fast because there was no way he could see anything either.

I have a long list of things to complain about, but i just don't feel like taking the time to type it all out.

Hope you're out of the hospital for good at this point, CSB.

I was already tired of Pierre McGuire after the first few games of the playoffs. It just hit me last night that we still have about 6 weeks left of him.

I'm also really tired of my co-worker dropping the ball. I called him on it this morning when he didn't know how we were designing something for a specific project. Even our boss tried laying into him this week and it didn't seem to affect him. :wallbash: