Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My girlfriend of 7 years (fiance for 2) is leaving and moving back to NY. Tried for a long time and can't seem to make it work...this sucks.

My great friend Jane, who passed away a few years ago and I miss dearly, once said to another colleague who was going through your situation, this rather harsh nugget....."Pick another girl off the girl tree". At the time I was in a difficult relationship myself and those words weighed on me until I took Jane's advice. 21 years later, with three kids and the best wife ever, I realize how right she was. It always hurts, but better days are coming.

Looking to go to Vegas in the Sep-Dec timeframe. $400+ per person rountrip from Buffalo. F*** that! :angry:

On a related travel note, the one thing I hate about living in WNY is the cost of airfare to vacation destinations(beaches) in the south and also heading out west. Driving to these same locations is too freakin' far. I envy those who live in NC or thereabouts, at least in terms of driving to the south for a little fun in the sun.

It looks like I have managed to kill all of the smaller ants, but now some bigger ones are randomly showing up in completely different locations. My guess is that I have created some form of mutant super ant. Sooner or later one of these things is going to drag me off in the middle of the night.

Yeah, they're not really that big, but now I need to figure out where these ones are coming from.

-Still can't hear anything above 12k in my right ear and always just dizzy enough for it to be annoying. Had an MRI this morning to try and figure out what's going on.

-I love the police. I really do. I'm pretty sure I watched a cop save my daughter's life one time. When you need one, there is no better feeling than seeing one, but yesterday I was late for work because I had to wait for police checkpoint,… TO MAKE SURE WE WERE WEARING OUR SEATBELTS!! Are you fking kidding me?! Go find a bad guy or just take the day off with pay, but stop wasting my time.

-And do we really need police helicopters with infrared?

It looks like I have managed to kill all of the smaller ants, but now some bigger ones are randomly showing up in completely different locations. My guess is that I have created some form of mutant super ant. Sooner or later one of these things is going to drag me off in the middle of the night.

Yeah, they're not really that big, but now I need to figure out where these ones are coming from.

Nathan Gerbe?

On that note, is it possible to get a speeding ticket if they don't actually pull you over? I was driving a bit over the limit on tuesday and there was a trooper standing on the side of the road with binoculars (no clue what he was looking at). Once I saw him I thought I was screwed because I was well aware of my speed. It was one of those road with a very low posted speed even though it isn't even the slightest bit residential. He signaled to me to slow down, but then nothing else happened after that. Should I be expecting a ticket in the mail at some point?

The passing of a loved one.

Jake completed his journey from this life to the next on Monday, May 27. 2013 at 5:30 AM. He did not suffer and we held him close and whispered nice things as he passed at home. It was a difficult, but very special week with the boy.

Nothing else really matters ... not the Mooseheads winning the Memorial Cup, not who will the Sabres draft ..........

At times like these I neglect the serious issues of others. GCOE ... I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

On that note, is it possible to get a speeding ticket if they don't actually pull you over? I was driving a bit over the limit on tuesday and there was a trooper standing on the side of the road with binoculars (no clue what he was looking at). Once I saw him I thought I was screwed because I was well aware of my speed. It was one of those road with a very low posted speed even though it isn't even the slightest bit residential. He signaled to me to slow down, but then nothing else happened after that. Should I be expecting a ticket in the mail at some point?

It's something like "National Buckle up week" or something like that. He's prolly looking for seatbelt use.

On the bright side, at least they'll lay waste to Boston first. :)

Jake completed his journey from this life to the next on Monday, May 27. 2013 at 5:30 AM. He did not suffer and we held him close and whispered nice things as he passed at home. It was a difficult, but very special week with the boy.

Nothing else really matters ... not the Mooseheads winning the Memorial Cup, not who will the Sabres draft ..........

At times like these I neglect the serious issues of others. GCOE ... I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

So sorry to hear, NS... most of us have been there, and it never gets any easier. Glad to hear he did not suffer, and I hope in due time the memories of his life replace those of his passing.

So sorry to hear, NS... most of us have been there, and it never gets any easier. Glad to hear he did not suffer, and I hope in due time the memories of his life replace those of his passing.

Thanks, bio.

We are taking it day by day and it is hard, but those good memories are starting to kick in.

It's something like "National Buckle up week" or something like that. He's prolly looking for seatbelt use.

Ahhh, that would make sense. He was standing in front of one of those portable electric signs that they use for random messages. It was facing the other direction so I couldn't read it, but I bet it said something about that.

Can't imagine... You have my sympathies. Godspeed to Jake.

My condolences to you, NS. As you said, replace the pain with the good memories.

For the umpteenth time, I strained the trapezius muscle in my back. Every time I do this, I'm moving my arms to my head (like washing my hair or using a towel to dry my hair). My chiropractor says it's because of a cervical spine issue that he's been slowly treating with decompression...i.e., mild traction. But damn if it isn't painful - I can't turn my head to the left w/o pain & tightness. It usually goes away after 36 hours with heat patches and ibuprofen.

-Still can't hear anything above 12k in my right ear and always just dizzy enough for it to be annoying. Had an MRI this morning to try and figure out what's going on.

-I love the police. I really do. I'm pretty sure I watched a cop save my daughter's life one time. When you need one, there is no better feeling than seeing one, but yesterday I was late for work because I had to wait for police checkpoint,… TO MAKE SURE WE WERE WEARING OUR SEATBELTS!! Are you fking kidding me?! Go find a bad guy or just take the day off with pay, but stop wasting my time.

-And do we really need police helicopters with infrared?

You and I are on the same page.

My lease was supposed to end at the end of July, but we had to get out a month early. The building company wasn't very flexible at all, saying we needed to find someone to sign a new 12 month lease starting on 7/1 or else we'd have to pay that last month anyway. So we did wind up finding someone. These people will be paying $75 more per month than we did. I also had to pay $150 per month for a parking spot, but the new people don't have a car. So now the building company wants me to pay that last $150 that they're missing out on. This seems so incredibly cheap to me, especially since I'm sure they'll just turn around and sell that spot to someone else anyway (spots are in high demand).

So this large building which probably pulls in close to $200,000 a month from renters (before even accounting for the money for parking spaces) is going to haggle over $150? And it's actually only half of that since we got them an extra $75 from the new renters. Not to mention the fact that we saved them the realtor fee they would have paid if they did wind up listing the apartment on their own. It all seems so petty to me.

My lease was supposed to end at the end of July, but we had to get out a month early. The building company wasn't very flexible at all, saying we needed to find someone to sign a new 12 month lease starting on 7/1 or else we'd have to pay that last month anyway. So we did wind up finding someone. These people will be paying $75 more per month than we did. I also had to pay $150 per month for a parking spot, but the new people don't have a car. So now the building company wants me to pay that last $150 that they're missing out on. This seems so incredibly cheap to me, especially since I'm sure they'll just turn around and sell that spot to someone else anyway (spots are in high demand).

So this large building which probably pulls in close to $200,000 a month from renters (before even accounting for the money for parking spaces) is going to haggle over $150? And it's actually only half of that since we got them an extra $75 from the new renters. Not to mention the fact that we saved them the realtor fee they would have paid if they did wind up listing the apartment on their own. It all seems so petty to me.

I would refuse to pay it. Then they will just keep your security deposit but still I'd tell them to blow it out their ass.

I would refuse to pay it. Then they will just keep your security deposit but still I'd tell them to blow it out their ass.

What security deposit? We only had to pay first and last month. It is such a small amount of money, that I kind of want to see how they would respond if I tell them I'll only do the $75.