Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

My 4-month-old nephew was born with a genetic condition call Tetrology of Fallot. It presents in several ways, but the primary concern is effectively a defective valve which results in a hole between the left and right ventricles. The problem with this is that not all the blood gets pumps through the lungs, so CO2 levels tend to be elevated and 02 can be low. Fortunately, the malformation can be surgically corrected with relatively high success, and post correction quality of life expectations are completely normal. Olympic Snowboarder Shawn White had the same condition and surgery. My nephew had his surgery yesterday because his defect was making it difficult to eat and gain weight. The heart correction went extremely well, according to the surgeon. Afterwards, however, as they were closing him back up, they could not get him to breathe on his own. As a result they had to go back in, and as soon as they opened his chest up again, his lungs started working. They figure the swelling from the surgery, combined with his tiny chest, just made too much pressure for his lungs to overcome. So they had to leave his chest open, through this weekend. He'll be in critical condition at Golisano Children's Hospital for at least the next 5 days. Meanwhile, his parents can't even touch him due to the infection risk.Heart surgery on an infant is stressful enough without complications, his parents have been incredibly strong through this entire ordeal, but are understandably shaken after seeing their son lying there with a hole in his chest. Sometimes I think I have problems. I don't.

After reading this, none of us do. Wishing your family the best....

My 4-month-old nephew was born with a genetic condition call Tetrology of Fallot. It presents in several ways, but the primary concern is effectively a defective valve which results in a hole between the left and right ventricles. The problem with this is that not all the blood gets pumps through the lungs, so CO2 levels tend to be elevated and 02 can be low. Fortunately, the malformation can be surgically corrected with relatively high success, and post correction quality of life expectations are completely normal. Olympic Snowboarder Shawn White had the same condition and surgery. My nephew had his surgery yesterday because his defect was making it difficult to eat and gain weight. The heart correction went extremely well, according to the surgeon. Afterwards, however, as they were closing him back up, they could not get him to breathe on his own. As a result they had to go back in, and as soon as they opened his chest up again, his lungs started working. They figure the swelling from the surgery, combined with his tiny chest, just made too much pressure for his lungs to overcome. So they had to leave his chest open, through this weekend. He'll be in critical condition at Golisano Children's Hospital for at least the next 5 days. Meanwhile, his parents can't even touch him due to the infection risk.Heart surgery on an infant is stressful enough without complications, his parents have been incredibly strong through this entire ordeal, but are understandably shaken after seeing their son lying there with a hole in his chest. Sometimes I think I have problems. I don't.

Aggressive and untreatable cancers.

Palliative care mode, in just a matter of two days.

For those of you inclined to do so, I kindly ask that you keep my wife, myself and especially our beloved Jake (cat) in your thoughts and prayers.

Yikes... sending thoughts and prayers both your ways. My complaint about cell service now feels very petty.

Those freakin' helicopters falling from Maple trees. Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!! Plugging up the gutters. Finding their way into the house on peoples feet. And last but not least finding every single crack on my car. Ugh.

We've got showers straight through the weekend. It looks like Monday might have sun though, so I guess I'll take what I can get.

Oh, and here's a complaint. We had a bridal shower this past weekend and all the bridesmaids pinched in and bought us a gas grill. That's great, but it just sucks that it'll probably be at least 2 years before I can even use it. The grill will sit in storage in her parent's basement until we eventually buy a house. Two years is a very lofty goal, but who knows, maybe we get there. All I know is that I hate seeing these recent stories on the news about the housing market rebounding. I was really hoping I'd still have a bit more time and be able to take advantage of a buyer's market.

How likely is it that work was aware of these misdemeanors anyway? Is it they type of place that would have done a background check?

Not sure how well known they were but I'm certainly not the only employee within these four walls that has had these types of transgressions.

Everything blew over, not a mention of it. They hired my bro and d4rksabre afterwards so it couldn't have mattered that much.

Next week I'm off to the land of spirits. Trying to wrap my head around how the sampling takes place over there. My current role has me tasting pasta sauce and salsa all day, can't imagine it will be the same for the booze.

Not sure how well known they were but I'm certainly not the only employee within these four walls that has had these types of transgressions.

Everything blew over, not a mention of it. They hired my bro and d4rksabre afterwards so it couldn't have mattered that much.

Next week I'm off to the land of spirits. Trying to wrap my head around how the sampling takes place over there. My current role has me tasting pasta sauce and salsa all day, can't imagine it will be the same for the booze.

You've gotta work with that guy?

ARGH my stupid water company apparently decided to start flushing the pipelines in my area around midnight, even though their website says 7am-3:30pm. I have NO water and would really like to brush my teeth, etc so I can go to bed. Bastards!

On top of that, my elderly neighbor has been sick for at least a week now, and since our bedrooms are at the same end of the duplex and the construction is cheap, I've been hearing her hacking up a lung all night. I can't be mad because I know she can't help it, but it leaves me with the incredibly morbid feeling that I'm listening to her die in slow-motion. :(

ARGH my stupid water company apparently decided to start flushing the pipelines in my area around midnight, even though their website says 7am-3:30pm. I have NO water and would really like to brush my teeth, etc so I can go to bed. Bastards!

On top of that, my elderly neighbor has been sick for at least a week now, and since our bedrooms are at the same end of the duplex and the construction is cheap, I've been hearing her hacking up a lung all night. I can't be mad because I know she can't help it, but it leaves me with the incredibly morbid feeling that I'm listening to her die in slow-motion. :(

Brush your teeth with whiskey....and you solve both your problems!

You probably don't want to do the etc. with whiskey though. ;)

Brush your teeth with whiskey....and you solve both your problems!

You probably don't want to do the etc. with whiskey though. ;)

And waste my whiskey?! Lol

Finally got tired of waiting and managed to retrieve enough water between the coffeemaker and filter pitcher. They'd better be done with this nonsense by the time I need to shower tomorrow morning!