Sabres @ Dallas - Tuesday, April 9, 2024 - 8:00 PM (EDT)

22 minutes ago, TheAud said:

I expect Dallas to administer a beating to the Sabres tonight.  I've seen them a few times recently and they are playing at a whole different level. 

My policy is to never expect that. It's the NHL and it's a long season. Not sure what the Stars have to play for, but they could easily look past the Sabres, who are more than capable of beating the best. Inexplicably and probably to their credit, they won't quit.

Edited by PASabreFan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Win out and we'll end up at DeLuca .500 which would certainly sum up this season. Mediocrity; highs and lows but we were never good enough to run or bad enough fall apart

Last season, they finished 1 game above DeLuca .500, so they finished with a winning record.  I felt that was an accomplishment, given the recent history of the franchise.  It's a big disappointment that they've regressed from there, particularly given that they seem to have solved the goaltending and penalty kill issues, which were their two biggest problems last season.   Somewhere they lost their ability to score goals and to have a competent power play.  And that's aside from their inability to show up in the opening minutes of games.

Actually can care less about this game. Rather improve draft position and hope the idiots draft a power forward. I can honestly say i have no desire to watch any of the remaining Sabre's games. I have NEVER said that. Thanks Pegs, KA, and Donny No Nuts

Edited by WhenWillItEnd66

2 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Yup. Me too. I never once had the slightest bit of hope this was a playoff team. 

There's a difference between being a playoff team and a team that could/will make the playoffs.

The bar is so low, even in and out of the first round would be a success.

5 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Are we officially eliminated?

Probably not, but we're in "these 4 teams all need to lose the rest of their games and the Devils need to be worse than we are ". I didn't bother to check to see if those 4 teams play each other, if so I *think* we're  mathematically out.

• Like (+1) 1

I have no idea where Dallas is at philosophically right now but unless their coach is an idiot they are likely in playoff prep mode so they will be playing defense first shutdown hockey. We will not do well against that, but I guess it's also possible they come in napping and not taking us seriously and we play loose and beat them. Meaningless really, and I probably watch this one late on replay. 

23 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Probably not, but we're in "these 4 teams all need to lose the rest of their games and the Devils need to be worse than we are ". I didn't bother to check to see if those 4 teams play each other, if so I *think* we're  mathematically out.

We have 79 points with a cap of +8 = 87 pts

Detroit is 84 +10

Pitt is 84 + 8

If Sabres lose (max drops to 85) and either Detroit or Pitt hits 86, it is over.

If Sabres win out and tie with Pitt, Det, Wash, Philly, NJ with 87 points, NJ is the only team that would have more RWs - we have the tie-breaker at 87 points against 4 of the other 5 teams.

All that to say ... math has not eliminated us yet - but it is NOT on our side.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Are we officially eliminated?

Do you want them to miraculously get in? I don’t. They don’t deserve to be in the playoffs

I am not expecting Adams to do jack ***** in the off season. I firmly believe that they have no choice but to stay the course with the “youngest team in the league” thing.  Those are the only players they can get for the most part

Edited by Sidc3000