Sabres @ Dallas - Tuesday, April 9, 2024 - 8:00 PM (EDT)

59 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

We have 79 points with a cap of +8 = 87 pts

Detroit is 84 +10

Pitt is 84 + 8

If Sabres lose (max drops to 85) and either Detroit or Pitt hits 86, it is over.

If Sabres win out and tie with Pitt, Det, Wash, Philly, NJ with 87 points, NJ is the only team that would have more RWs - we have the tie-breaker at 87 points against 4 of the other 5 teams.

All that to say ... math has not eliminated us yet - but it is NOT on our side.

and I hope you realize Detroit plays Washington and Pittsburgh in their next two games so there is virtually no math through that. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

and I hope you realize Detroit plays Washington and Pittsburgh in their next two games so there is virtually no math through that. 

You know what ... I just got done leaving you a really complimentary reply in another thread and now I regret it! 😉

Your logic and kill joy has no place in a Sabres game day thread where their season is hanging on literally ... by a thread (like a really thin one that is pretty much frayed all the way thru). We are Sabres fans, so clearly logic does not apply and killing joy seems to be the only thing this team is good at on a consistent basis 😞

• Eyeroll 1

25 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

You know what ... I just got done leaving you a really complimentary reply in another thread and now I regret it! 😉

Your logic and kill joy has no place in a Sabres game day thread where their season is hanging on literally ... by a thread (like a really thin one that is pretty much frayed all the way thru). We are Sabres fans, so clearly logic does not apply and killing joy seems to be the only thing this team is good at on a consistent basis 😞

lol, don't blame me for the predicament this team has placed itself in. 

Season isn't hanging by a thread. It was over weeks ago. Not mathematically, but realistically. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

lol, don't blame me for the predicament this team has placed itself in. 

Season isn't hanging by a thread. It was over weeks ago. Not mathematically, but realistically. 

Luckily for me, math also has imaginary numbers, just like our playoff "hopes" 🙂

• Haha (+1) 2

I would like to see them beat a very good team on the road tonight.   No “pressure” of the home crowd  - I can’t believe that’s a thing but apparently it is for these boys. 

Entertain me, and show the fan base that you care. 

2 hours ago, Sidc3000 said:

Do you want them to miraculously get in? I don’t. They don’t deserve to be in the playoffs

I am not expecting Adams to do jack ***** in the off season. I firmly believe that they have no choice but to stay the course with the “youngest team in the league” thing.  Those are the only players they can get for the most part

Deserve’s got nothin’ to do with it. I would absolutely love them to get in, any way possible.

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

But, alas. It looks like we actually already are illuminated.

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

So you're saying there's a... not a chance in hell. 😇

Same as it has been since the Sabres lost to DET back on 3/16.

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Same as it has been since Dec 1, 2023. 

Yeah, but at least at New Year's there's a possibility Quinn stays healthy the remainder of the season and UPL goes on this excellent two-month stretch and they scrape out 3 more wins... and... stupidly and impossibly... we'd be in the playoff hunt with only six more points.