Casey Mittelstadt traded for Bowen Byram

inkman

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I think oxygen levels being lower at 5000ft is a proven fact.  But you're right. We don't know what Casey's first practice involved.

Clarification should have been made immediately.  Meatheads like me will run with this just like everyone ran with the pull up fiasco.  You’d think someone who has been running from the shadow of “no pullups” would quickly elaborate as to the reason for his fatigue.  

3 minutes ago, inkman said:

Clarification should have been made immediately.  Meatheads like me will run with this just like everyone ran with the pull up fiasco.  You’d think someone who has been running from the shadow of “no pullups” would quickly elaborate as to the reason for his fatigue.  

But I don't buy it. At a higher altitude there is less pressure meaning your sweat would evaporate faster, leading you to **feel like you** sweat LESS under the same exertion. This is, of course, a pretty simplistic take - but nothing about higher altitude that I can think of would make you sweat more other than working harder.

🤷‍♀️

Edited by ska-T Chitown
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, ska-T Chitown said:

But I don't buy it. At a higher altitude there is less pressure meaning your sweat would evaporate faster, leading you to sweat LESS under the same exertion. This is, of course, a pretty simplistic take - but nothing about higher altitude that I can think of would make you sweat more other than working harder.

🤷‍♀️

I don’t think it’s altitude either but rather than give supporting evidence of sweating in higher altitudes, I just think Casey is a lazy player who was finally pushed to work.   Embarrassing franchise.  I see no end in sight.  The Sabres are well on their way to becoming the worst professional franchise in the history of sports.  They aren’t going to win anything in my lifetime. 

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don’t think it’s altitude either but rather than give supporting evidence of sweating in higher altitudes, I just think Casey is a lazy player who was finally pushed to work.   Embarrassing franchise.  I see no end in sight.  The Sabres are well on their way to becoming the worst professional franchise in the history of sports.  They aren’t going to win anything in my lifetime. 

The "second most" he has sweat in practice lately may have been when he went back to Minny instead of Cancun?

27 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

And some want meatballs to stay smh 

Country club atmosphere Absolutely ridiculous

So many of us have suspected this for months… All on Adams and Granato.

Mitts sounded like he actually missed practicing hard… Practices too easy and cerebral in Buffalo?… Too much standing around listening to Granato wax on about his process… 

Sure helps explain why we seem to run out of gas late in games.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I'll repeat what I said during the stick salute boycott fiasco:  TP hates being embarrassed, and Mittelstadt saying this is embarrassing.

That's 2 embarrassment strikes against KA in fairly short order.  If the Sabres limp to the finish line and end up with, say, 78 pts -- that might be strike 3 for KA, or at least for DG.

High School Please GIF

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I'll repeat what I said during the stick salute boycott fiasco:  TP hates being embarrassed, and Mittelstadt saying this is embarrassing.

That's 2 embarrassment strikes against KA in fairly short order.  If the Sabres limp to the finish line and end up with, say, 78 pts -- that might be strike 3 for KA, or at least for DG.

You'd think the decade plus of futility and bonehead dithering would be pretty embarrassing, no? But alright, let's hope Jed Clampett feels it enough to make changes. Until he steps away and let's tough hockey minds hold sway, so what? The fish rots from the head.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

You'd think the decade plus of futility and bonehead dithering would be pretty embarrassing, no? But alright, let's hope Jed Clampett feels it enough to make changes. Until he steps away and let's tough hockey minds hold sway, so what? The fish rots from the head.

I think TP is definitely embarrassed about the team's results during his ownership tenure.

I also think that TP has made plenty of changes during his tenure and feels, with some justification -- since it sounds like he's heard feedback from multiple league sources to this effect -- that firing people too frequently is counterproductive.

IMHO the reasons for his failures boil down to (i) approving the tank and (ii) choosing the wrong GMs in Darcy, Murray and Botteril -- each of whom was very justifiable at the time, but each of whom also cost the franchise and the fans 3 or 4 years in the desert.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

"Jed Clampett" gets a gold star. Well done, Sir.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Believer said:

So many of us have suspected this for months… All on Adams and Granato.

Mitts sounded like he actually missed practicing hard… Practices too easy and cerebral in Buffalo?… Too much standing around listening to Granato wax on about his process… 

Sure helps explain why we seem to run out of gas late in games.

Sweating in practice? Nah, you'd mess your flow. 

27 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It just hit me tonight... I have a signed Casey jersey hanging in my mancave. Every player jersey I've owned, that player ends up leaving. And yes I have a Josh Allen jersey. 😨

So what you're really trying to say is that it's not Adams or meatballs fault for this teams failures, it's you?

Will Smith Reaction GIF

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

It just hit me tonight... I have a signed Casey jersey hanging in my mancave. Every player jersey I've owned, that player ends up leaving. And yes I have a Josh Allen jersey. 😨

Please get a Kevyn Adams jersey.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I think TP is definitely embarrassed about the team's results during his ownership tenure.

I also think that TP has made plenty of changes during his tenure and feels, with some justification -- since it sounds like he's heard feedback from multiple league sources to this effect -- that firing people too frequently is counterproductive.

IMHO the reasons for his failures boil down to (i) approving the tank and (ii) choosing the wrong GMs in Darcy, Murray and Botteril -- each of whom was very justifiable at the time, but each of whom also cost the franchise and the fans 3 or 4 years in the desert.

Cumulatively, we're approaching Biblical proportions of time in the desert. Moses needs to buy a GPS.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Not bad Rico, although I am not convinced hiring Murray was justifiable though.  No matter if Terry picked Murray, or if Patty LaF did, it was a bad pick.  If you’re new in the business wouldn’t you hire people who were well established in the business to help you navigate it?    

• Like (+1) 1