GDT / Buffalo Sabres @ Columbus Blue Jackets, Friday 7pm , MSG, Sling & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

ap_tagethompson_03012023_1.thumb.jpg.f621372af7f11bd33a647aeb5c1f1d06.jpg

The Buffalo Sabres face the Columbus Blue Jackets with both teams looking to improve on rough seasons. The Sabres have a 25-27-4 record and are near the bottom of the Atlantic Division while the Blue Jackets have an 18-27-10 record and with only four wins in their last 10 games, they have the worst record in the Metropolitan Division. Both teams look to improve in the Eastern Conference and the upcoming game looks to be a good one.

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/nhl/2-23-2024/buffalo-sabres-vs-columbus-blue-jackets-prediction-7080/

Note: Former Buffalo Sabres first-round pick Alex Nylander is on the move. This is because the winger has been traded by the Pittsburgh Penguins along with a conditional 2026 sixth-round pick to the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Emil Bemstrom. 🙁

MjA0NTM4MTYxMDQzMzUwODQz.thumb.webp.6feb87420b0bf3e6e59c2363b2f3a602.webp

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/buffalo-sabres/latest-news/former-sabres-first-rounder-traded-to-blue-jackets

Edited by Shoot da Puck
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

The Sabres are on the road in Columbus, home of the very popular BJs - lets hope that they can keep their heads in the game tonight.

MUST WIN !!

GO SABRES !!

SWORDS !!

I have a good feeling that a 2 game winning streak will be ours at the end of this one.

Next is Carolina, I think.  Good luck with that one being the first 3 game streak this season.  Of course, they have to win tonight first or Carolina won't matter.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Jackets are playing their 1st game home after their California road trip. Newly-acquired Nylander probably makes his debut.

The Jackets have embarrassed the Sabres 9-4 and taken the other game to an OTL. Should be fun to see if the Sabres can break the Torts' defensive shell.

Ah yes the Alex Nylander revenge game 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Curious ... Who would you give up for him?  

I'd offer Savoie. If that didn't do it I'd start adding draft picks. If Savoie and next years first don't get it done I'd pass. That's as high as I'd go. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Curious ... Who would you give up for him?  

https://theathletic.com/5231542/2024/01/28/blue-jackets-david-jiricek-ahl/

I don't believe that Columbus has any interest in trading this high-end prospect. Jiricek sees some of the other top prospects in his class get significant playing time in the NHL while he isn't. That frustrates him. It shouldn't be surprising that Columbus would rather see him getting a lot of playing time in various roles with Cleveland in the AHL for developmental reasons. Next year, he will most likely be playing a lot with Columbus. They know how good he can be, and they aren't surprised that this generation of players are more outspoken and impatient.  

Just a sidenote on this issue: Levi is handling his demotion to the AHL in a much more mature way. He's making the best of his situation and using it to become better prepared for the big leagues. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Dearest Rachel, 

Indications are very strong that this campaign will soon be over.  Fear not, as divine providence will return our regiment to western New York in the summer to prepare for a siege in the fall.   Tonight’s battle in Ohio could likely affect our recruitment this June.  I have no misgivings or lack of confidence in our plan, and even though we are fighting a weaker opponent, Gods will is that if we are not defeated now, it’s a certainty in the Carolinas this weekend.  

As always, my resolve is strong.

IMG_1082.thumb.jpeg.1a677c45500faaf601c66b60ddfef61a.jpeg

Captain Tage Thomas

100th volunteer infantry regiment

Edited by Broken Ankles
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.