Sabres to open 2024-25 Season in Prague against the Devils

Brawndo

The problem for a lot of folks is going to be that this trip will be the big bonding trip. Once they start to falter around Halloween and begin falling three four five points out of the race, no one will be able to say the western trip comes at the right time because The Boys Will Bond.

17 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

Honestly, I've stopped going to games at all now and I catch maybe 1 out of every 5 games on TV now. My apathy is nearly complete, so I could care less at this point if they played an entire season over seas.

Thanks Terry, for the complete destruction of my obsessive loyalty to the Sabres, I guess?

Seriously, why bother coming on here to tell everyone how apathetic you are?

• Eyeroll 1

23 hours ago, Weave said:

Opening with a distraction.  Built in excuse for a slow start.

I like it!

You stole my post.  

These guys can't handle this.  But there a good group that gets along.  

4 hours ago, pi2000 said:

are there even any Czech players on the roster? 

We will see if Kulich can make it to the line-up. Devils has Palat and Vanecek(who probably gets traded). But as there will be players from Switzerland, Germany and Slovakia playing also, they could have chosen a different city.

On 2/16/2024 at 4:27 PM, Brawndo said:

Is there a reason reporters refuse to @ the accounts that they are talking about versus using god awful hashtags?  Like #TexasHockey is so damned stupid given that the DALLAS Stars farm club is the TEXAS stars.  And the #TimeToHunt hashtag?  JFC.  I have to go figure out that that's the Panthers?

It's not just Pagnotta, this is a rampant media issue.  There has to be a reason... but it still irks the hell out of me.

20 hours ago, Sabres73 said:

Seriously, why bother coming on here to tell everyone how apathetic you are?

The act of expending energy to log in, read posts, and then respond means that one is not apathetic.  Despite all claims otherwise.

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Last game overseas, I met LTS in Sweden and we saw Kucherov cheap shot our guy (Sobotka maybe) with no retribution and we folded and lost both of those. 

Yeah.. but what a great trip. I mean other than some stale ass bread the one night.

55 minutes ago, LTS said:

Is there a reason reporters refuse to @ the accounts that they are talking about versus using god awful hashtags?  Like #TexasHockey is so damned stupid given that the DALLAS Stars farm club is the TEXAS stars.  And the #TimeToHunt hashtag?  JFC.  I have to go figure out that that's the Panthers?

It's not just Pagnotta, this is a rampant media issue.  There has to be a reason... but it still irks the hell out of me.

The act of expending energy to log in, read posts, and then respond means that one is not apathetic.  Despite all claims otherwise.

Yeah.. but what a great trip. I mean other than some stale ass bread the one night.

😂😂😂🍞 Terrible restaurant choice 

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

@LGR4GM and @Thorny might have wrapped this one up quite neatly. ⬆️ 

I love the Sabres. 

At the moment? I feel like the Sabres don’t love me.

That will change. And may it change soon.

On 2/16/2024 at 5:50 PM, Hank said:

I love Prague, I plan on going. Anyone else?

I would love to go.

On 2/16/2024 at 9:18 PM, Carmel Corn said:

I hate it when the NFL and now the NHL play games in Europe.  IMHO they serve no benefit to the fans of any teams impacted.....even if the teams suck (like Buffalo).

Just another game on TV for us out-of-towners. I think it's cool. Especially if I can find a way to go. Prague has been on my bucket list for a while.

On 2/17/2024 at 8:18 AM, PortuCool said:

I flew from Denver to Stockholm in 2019. Now I’m near Lisboa, so of course I plan to be in Munich and in Praha. 

I’ve never been to Munich, but have become a fan of German hockey. I was in Praha for my honeymoon so I’m very jacked to go back. And, I hope to hook up with the CZ SK fan club; they’re awesome. 

Welcome to the board.

On 2/17/2024 at 9:39 AM, Gatorman0519 said:

Why send the Sabres? They are an embarrassment to the NHL not ambassadors. 

The gate money will be a lot more. I wonder if the team will stick salute them.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/17/2024 at 8:18 AM, PortuCool said:

I flew from Denver to Stockholm in 2019. Now I’m near Lisboa, so of course I plan to be in Munich and in Praha. 

I’ve never been to Munich, but have become a fan of German hockey. I was in Praha for my honeymoon so I’m very jacked to go back. And, I hope to hook up with the CZ SK fan club; they’re awesome. 

Welcome to the board!

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/16/2024 at 4:57 PM, DarthEbriate said:

Does this mean the Sabres will have 8 games in hand on all their division mates at US Thanksgiving next season, leading everyone to say, "Iit's OK... if we win all those games we're in a playoff spot?"

Yes, that means they can convince themselves it's fine to fall 20 points back in the standings off the bat because they will have "plenty of games" in hand to catch up.

3 hours ago, steveoath said:

Presale for Devils game started today. Very few tickets left. At £250ish per ticket to seat my family next to one another……. I’m out. 

Links to ticketmaster

That's a lot of cash to pay for trash. 

I though it was cool going to stockholm to see them play, but the games were the worst part of the trip (cool arena though) 

Would be nice if we had a fun team for all those cool event games. 

On 2/16/2024 at 10:50 PM, Hank said:

I love Prague, I plan on going. Anyone else?

From Lisboa -> Munich -> Praha!  I already have my ticket for the Czech game!  I hooked up with the Sabresvpraze boys that electrified Buffalo a few weeks ago. 

BTW, Praha is as nice as they say, and even better looking than the pics make it appear. 

On 2/17/2024 at 2:19 PM, SabreFinn said:

Florida against Dallas in Tampere also. I will try to get tickets to that game. They might even be in the Stanley cup finals. And just two hour by train from home.

If you can pick only ONE place to watch the hockey … pick Finland! (Awesome hockey fans AND good coffee too!)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

That's a lot of cash to pay for trash. 

I though it was cool going to stockholm to see them play, but the games were the worst part of the trip (cool arena though) 

Would be nice if we had a fun team for all those cool event games. 

It’s a shame. I’m sure it’ll sell out. IIRC I think I got my Stockholm tickets for less than £100 each.