Sabres to open 2024-25 Season in Prague against the Devils

Brawndo

6 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

Does this mean the Sabres will have 8 games in hand on all their division mates at US Thanksgiving next season, leading everyone to say, "Iit's OK... if we win all those games we're in a playoff spot?"

No it means we’ll have 8 games in hand and say “if we can go .500 we’ll be first in the conference.”

I've never been to Prague, but have heard it's a great city to visit and I'd love to go.  Chances are slim that I could make it happen.  I have been to Munich (for what that's worth).  I don't know that a Sabres game is enough to draw me back.

Honestly, I've stopped going to games at all now and I catch maybe 1 out of every 5 games on TV now. My apathy is nearly complete, so I could care less at this point if they played an entire season over seas.

Thanks Terry, for the complete destruction of my obsessive loyalty to the Sabres, I guess?

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, #freejame said:

This is a good omen. When the drought started we opened overseas. When the drought ends we will open overseas. The hockey gods love symmetry. 

The 2025 Stanley Cup will be OURS!

But all we need is that 15 game winning streak this year! Stop looking ahead and focus on what's in front of you man. Don't be such a defeatist

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Carmel Corn said:

I hate it when the NFL and now the NHL play games in Europe.  IMHO they serve no benefit to the fans of any teams impacted.....even if the teams suck (like Buffalo).

The players from over there really like playing in front of their "home" fans and the league promotes itself and sells merch worldwide. What's not to like?

Unless he's hurt or a complete disaster in camp Sabres should start Kulich on the opening draw in the Prague game. It's the right thing to do. 

39 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

The last overseas game I can remember, Luke Adam had two goals if I think.

You don't remember Tampa in Sweden?

I flew from Denver to Stockholm in 2019. Now I’m near Lisboa, so of course I plan to be in Munich and in Praha. 

I’ve never been to Munich, but have become a fan of German hockey. I was in Praha for my honeymoon so I’m very jacked to go back. And, I hope to hook up with the CZ SK fan club; they’re awesome. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Ok. Sabres get overseas with the Devils. North America then has a continent-wide shutdown due to outbreak of “Sabreflu”. No teams can play but the Sabres and Devils.  They play the entire season between those two teams.  Sabres go winless. But they’re in the Stanley Cup FINALS!!!

• Haha (+1) 1