Team on vacation

Buffalonill

Yeah i'm gonna be that Old  person that yells at a cloud..

But I can't be the only one that is annoyed with this team Going to cabo for the "break" When they did absolutely nothing to deserve a vacation. 

I mean holy s*** Don't they get enough vacation time when they aren't  in the playoffs .

You would think maybe they would come together and be like you know what guys let's Practice everyday instead of taking the vacation so we're ready .

Never mind it's probably all the alcohol that's flowing through my veins

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

But I can't be the only one that is annoyed with this team Going to cabo for the "break" When they did absolutely nothing to deserve a vacation. 

I mean holy s*** Don't they get enough vacation time when they aren't  in the playoffs .

You would think maybe they would come together and be like you know what guys let's Practice everyday instead of taking the vacation so we're ready .

It is part of the SPC.  It was negotiated for by the NHLPA.  No exceptions.

• Vomit 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

I'm really surprised that you are a drinker. You always seem to be a sober thinker. Sad Happy Hour GIF

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Never give in!

It is certainly not mandated that the players go on a vacation. Time off, sure.

1 hour ago, Buffalonill said:

That shut me up fast 

PA is correct.    They could, in theory, still work on their games.

I am fascinated by SS's general fascination with how players spend their free time and the implication that if they are not shooting pucks 24-7, they are not "serious" about hockey. As someone pointed out in a different thread, these "kids" seem to be pretty tame compared to past generations. Playing X-Box or Playstation or honestly whatever TF they want when it is not time to be on the ice or in the video room ... good for them. 

One side of SS mouths <ugh, these guys don't have any cohesion as a team> ... team takes a trip together ... Other side of SS mouths <ugh, these guys are on vacation together?>

Poor Mitts gets a lot of $hit for hosting parties to try to build esprit de corps ... and I think most folks here would agree that Casey's year-over-year progress is pretty darned good and we'd be happy if other players improved their game the way he has. The USNDP uses certain video games with its players to improve hand-eye coordination and reaction times to certain hockey-like situations. Science!

I henceforth call BS on any claims without substantial proof (like, the real kind) of any player now (McJesus? Crobsy?) or past (Mario? Poodle Hair? Mogilny? Patty L?) that did not do something non-hockey related during their spare time. It is not possible, especially in-season. Burn out is real.

I await my Red X's

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I am fascinated by SS's general fascination with how players spend their free time and the implication that if they are not shooting pucks 24-7, they are not "serious" about hockey. As someone pointed out in a different thread, these "kids" seem to be pretty tame compared to past generations. Playing X-Box or Playstation or honestly whatever TF they want when it is not time to be on the ice or in the video room ... good for them. 

One side of SS mouths <ugh, these guys don't have any cohesion as a team> ... team takes a trip together ... Other side of SS mouths <ugh, these guys are on vacation together?>

Poor Mitts gets a lot of $hit for hosting parties to try to build esprit de corps ... and I think most folks here would agree that Casey's year-over-year progress is pretty darned good and we'd be happy if other players improved their game the way he has. The USNDP uses certain video games with its players to improve hand-eye coordination and reaction times to certain hockey-like situations. Science!

I henceforth call BS on any claims without substantial proof (like, the real kind) of any player now (McJesus? Crobsy?) or past (Mario? Poodle Hair? Mogilny? Patty L?) that did not do something non-hockey related during their spare time. It is not possible, especially in-season. Burn out is real.

I await my Red X's

Stalkin' ain't easy.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, pi2000 said:

These kids need their mental break.   It's just how it is these days.

Ya, it's all negotiated and mandated and that is the way it is. 

The time for running them through it and setting the (higher) level of expectation was training camp. Granato instead, coddled them, told them all how great they were, and just got through it as if it didn't matter. They were just one point out. No need to change anything right?

13 hours ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I await my Red X's

The point isn’t that they are vacationing together and maybe even team building, the point is that they seem to be not as miserable as we are. That’s the real issue, here. 😂

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I await my Red X's

It’s not the majority’s opinion.  Just a few curmudgeons. 

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Marvin said:

PA is correct.    They could, in theory, still work on their games.

That would require Team Pride and Team First Leadership… Hate to say it… No evidence with our bunch yet…

To be fair, no evidence some players aren’t working on their game together… 

Edited by Believer
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Believer said:

That would require Team Pride and Team First Leadership… Hate to say it… No evidence with our bunch yet…

To be fair, no evidence some players aren’t working on their game together… 

They're playing football on the beach..

We can only hope maybe they saw topgun 

M7BFwB.gif

7 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Don't they know we fans are displeased? 

Why are these players even getting food? I say we beat them into shape and not let them enjoy life until they do better! 

Hahaha… Hmm… Maybe something in between WorkingOnTheirTan… and TwoADays…

Nobody begrudges players getting a handful of days R&R in the sun away from Buffalo winter weather… but you would expect a handful of days at the rink working on their game as well…

Especially if the Coaches, Captain, and team leaders believe they can still get a playoff spot, unlikely as it is.

Time for both work and play during the All-Star break…

• Like (+1) 1

They definitely need a break from the game.  How they take that break is their business.  Together, separate, home or away - does not matter to me one bit.  

This is not the 60's were they are going to sell cars on their time off because they need money to pay bills.   

Repair, recover, rest, look at video, train, and  get yourselves ready for the final run of the season.   

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.